ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

ILR SET(O) queries

Post by Rajuk09 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi All,
I am planning to apply for ILR end of next month.As I did not receive my P60 from my company(worked with them under WP) and they are not interested in responding to me(tried for more than 2 years now),I just now called HMRC for employment history.But even they do not have any records of that period.I am worried now,But I have a salary details letter with Gross,Net,deposited date etc for year 2009 -2010.And from 2010, I have my payslips(other than current financial year).So situation is for
1) Jan 2008 till March 2009 (no employment history or P60),
2) 2009 - 2010 (letter from employer- which I used for my T1 G switch) ,
3)2010 - 11, 2011 - 12 (3 fin year) I have P60.
Please clarify if this would be any problem.I understand P60 is not mandatory document, but I can see lots of cases,who were asked for that.So please help me to answer if such a situation arises.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 am

Any ideas on this please?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:32 am

Would it put you in wrong side of situation/circumstances if you were to report your former employer to HMRC?

Also, might be worth having this discussion with your former employer, maybe along the lines of -- "could you help me request HMRC to investigate this"...

Good luck
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:19 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Would it put you in wrong side of situation/circumstances if you were to report your former employer to HMRC?

Also, might be worth having this discussion with your former employer, maybe along the lines of -- "could you help me request HMRC to investigate this"...
Good luck
Thank you mate, probably I can use the payslips (which I have for most of the months during that period) and Bank statements at that period (this was kindly adived by one of the person here in the forum) will help this case ?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:Would it put you in wrong side of situation/circumstances if you were to report your former employer to HMRC?

Good luck
Thank you mate, probably I can use the payslips (which I have for most of the months during that period) and Bank statements at that period (this was kindly adived by one of the person here in the forum) will help this case ?
It is the employer's responsibility to maintain your correct records with HMRC, including PAYE deductions, etc.

As long as your payslips show the gross salary, deductions and net pay, which can be validated against bank statements, you should be OK. The last thing you want is to be taken as being knowingly involved in your employer's tax 'malpractice' if that is what actually happened.

shashank2361

Post by shashank2361 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:53 pm

My Case is similar no P60 for 2007-2008 and no records in HMRC, Please post if you got any further with this.

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:16 pm

HI,
try and find if there is any NI contribution that time..use this sample to write to HMRC. thats only one i could think of.

To,
Special Section A
HMRC,
Room BP1002A,
Benton park View,
Newcastle upon thyme,
NE98 1ZZ

From,
NAME
Address
POST CODE
Date Of birth: xxth xxxxx 1982
NI Number : SW xx xx xx A
Subject: statement of the NI Contributions

Dear Sir/Madam,

I,XX XX, would like to apply for a statement of the NI Contributions made in my name by my Employer or myself for the year of 2007 -2012. My details are stated above for the purpose of the request. This statement is for the purpose of applying visa to Home office. I kindly request you to grant me the statement.

Yours Faithfully,

XX XX

and i have got it on 11th October afeter aplying 18th sept. So if it helps you better post it by monday.

Good luck!

brian78

info

Post by brian78 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:42 pm

have you been with the same employer for the past five years?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 am

Rajuk09 wrote:Hi All,

Please clarify on these

1) Correspondence Address - (First page in the appln) - We are going for ILR next week and in another 5 days , are shifting to a new flat.Can I give new address , but do I need to show any bank statement or something ? I will get my tenancy agreement only after ILR PEO.Just wondering incase they want to send my documents , then it will be better to give new address ?
2) I am limited company director , so for net or gross monthly income , I can give (Dividend + Sal for 12 months) / 12 of gross and net ? because every month Dividend is different.

regards
Raj
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 am

Hi All,

Please reply for the queries to for filling in the appln form SET O

1) Home OFfice reference number - (1.10) - number of spaces is not sufficient to enter the details or do not know which to enter there, Should I give the number given in Tier 1 approval letter (this is more than 12 chars long) OR Tier 1 stamped in passport has a number on top (this has 9 chars) OR number from my Workpermit approval ? ( will this be relevant ?)

2) Card details - My name is fully given in the card and the space in the form is not sufficient , I have written 2 chars in 3 cells given in the form to accomadate my full name as in the card , is this not good ? or please suggest a way.

3) I am limited company director , so for net or gross monthly income , I can give (Dividend + Sal for 12 months) / 12 of gross and net ? because every month Dividend is different.

Kind regards
Raj

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Can some one clarify on these please ?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 pm

When are you applying?

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:When are you applying?
This Monday

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Sorry, I don't mean to scare you, but do check that you are eligible to take advantage of the 'delayed entry' concession. I have previously read on this forum that switching categories makes you ineligible for this.

And I could be entirely wrong. I would hate to see your application refused on such small technicality.
Last edited by wpilr_nov12 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:49 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Sorry, I don't mean to scare you, but do check that you are eligible to take advantage of the 'delayed entry' concession. I have previously read on this forum that switching categories makes you ineligible for this.
oh thats worrying me.I did not see any post in the forum like that ? ,could you please share with me those threads please ? On calculation from Entry , I will be eligible from Dec 26th only , But looking at the success cases I thought I can use my work permit stampled date? Infact I emailed someone in UKBA and she replied I can apply on or after Oct 24 . I have this email printed with me will this be useful ?
I am applying in Solihull , so any chances that before taking payment they will tell me if I am not eligible incase I am not ?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Rajuk09 wrote: oh thats worrying me.I did not see any post in the forum like that ? ,could you please share with me those threads please ? On calculation from Entry , I will be eligible from Dec 26th only , But looking at the success cases I thought I can use my work permit stampled date? Infact I emailed someone in UKBA and she replied I can apply on or after Oct 24 . I have this email printed with me will this be useful ?
I am applying in Solihull , so any chances that before taking payment they will tell me if I am not eligible incase I am not ?
In Solihull (in my experience) they thoroughly check your dates and eligibilities/paperwork before they say the potential outcome.

There was an applicant who had paperwork issues. He was asked to resolve it and come back again. No payment taken. Solihull benefit.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote: oh thats worrying me.I did not see any post in the forum like that ? ,could you please share with me those threads please ? On calculation from Entry , I will be eligible from Dec 26th only , But looking at the success cases I thought I can use my work permit stampled date? Infact I emailed someone in UKBA and she replied I can apply on or after Oct 24 . I have this email printed with me will this be useful ?
In Solihull (in my experience) they thoroughly check your dates and eligibilities/paperwork before they say the potential outcome.

There was an applicant who had paperwork issues. He was asked to resolve it and come back again. No payment taken. Solihull benefit.
Yes, I am hoping to get ILR successfully , incase not , hassle of getting my family from London and back + Hotel + travel expenses... think I will have to take the pain of this.

Can you please answer my queries on filling the form and also if any thread you have which posted about switching people not eligible for using Visa stampling date ?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 pm

1) Home OFfice reference number - (1.10) - number of spaces is not sufficient to enter the details or do not know which to enter there, Should I give the number given in Tier 1 approval letter (this is more than 12 chars long) OR Tier 1 stamped in passport has a number on top (this has 9 chars) OR number from my Workpermit approval ? ( will this be relevant ?)

I didn't fill in anything. No questions asked.

2) Card details - My name is fully given in the card and the space in the form is not sufficient , I have written 2 chars in 3 cells given in the form to accomadate my full name as in the card , is this not good ? or please suggest a way.

The payment clerk checks your card and your payment form for details to match. It is a very casual process, very relaxed. Nothing to stress about. Carry a spare form (payment sheet, page 4) just in case. So I would not lose any sleep over this issue.

3) I am limited company director , so for net or gross monthly income , I can give (Dividend + Sal for 12 months) / 12 of gross and net ? because every month Dividend is different.

If you are referring to q5.3 on page 11, because my net salary is variable due to bonus, I used average of last 3 months. If you are referring to something else, sorry couldn't help you.

Kind regards
Raj
Good Luck.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

I didn't fill in anything. No questions asked.

The payment clerk checks your card and your payment form for details to match. It is a very casual process, very relaxed. Nothing to stress about. Carry a spare form (payment sheet, page 4) just in case. So I would not lose any sleep over this issue.

If you are referring to q5.3 on page 11, because my net salary is variable due to bonus, I used average of last 3 months. If you are referring to something else, sorry couldn't help you.

Kind regards
Raj
Good Luck.
Thank you very much mate. Will keep u all updated