ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Self Employed (Locum) GP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ellabranker
Newly Registered

ILR Self Employed (Locum) GP

Post by ellabranker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi, I have tried to find details specific to ILR for doctors/ GPs on the board but to no avail. My details are as follows:
Nov 2007 to Nov 2009 HSMP
Nov 2009 to Nov 2012 FLR Tier 1 HSMP
1. I worked as a salaried GP trainee with a surgery until Nov 2011. I have payslips from this surgery.
2. From Jan 2012 to today, I have worked as a self employed locum GP with various surgeries. I sent invoices to the different surgeries and have received payments by BACS and cheque.
3. I have registered with HMRC as self employed and also paid and have received a receipt for NIS contributions as a self employed individual.
4. I received a letter from HMRC in lieu of my P60s to cover the last 5 years.

If possible, may I have some guidance on the following please?:
1.Would stamped payslips or a letter on surgery headed paper work to confirm salary earned? Can the letter state totals or would I need a breakdown of the sessions I worked and the sums received?
2. As I have been self employed since Jan 2012, I have to complete my tax returns for 2011-2012 to cater for the income received from self employment. The HMRC letter states that there is no evidence of income from self employment. This is because I am completing my tax returns online. If I don't complete in time for Oct, I have until end of Jan 2013. Will this affect my ILR application?
3. Do letters of employment and letter from accountant confirming income earned have to be addressed to UKBA? If so, what address should I use?
4. Just to confirm, I am using bank statements, payslips/ letters of employment as proof of earnings (of course letter from accountant). As a self employed doctor, would this suffice?

Many thanks
Ella

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Self Employed (Locum) GP

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm

ellabranker wrote: I have tried to find details specific to ILR for doctors/ GPs on the board but to no avail.
Perhaps because none exist.

Reading the Tier 1 settlement policy guidance will help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:30 pm

hi,
i had this same problem. once you file your return , you can pay tax via bill.hmrc ..... something that my accountant gave me. i paid my tax last week and i called them again for employment history specifically about self employment. HMRC people said it will come within 5 working days.
SO file your tax return , pay the tax amount online. Wait for 3 -4 working days and request employment history again.

Speaking of letter, please visit this post and let me know any suggestions.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=