ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discrepany in dates on wedding invitations & marriage ce

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chiku1980

Discrepany in dates on wedding invitations & marriage ce

Post by chiku1980 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi,
I am applying for a dependant visa for my wife from India.

We had our marriage as per hindu rituals in May and I had to return to UK without registering the marriage. I then returned to India to get the marriage registered in September.

However as result of this process the marriage date on the marriage certificate has come to be september but my wedding invites have the original date of May leading to a discrepany between the dates on the marriage certificate and the wedding invites. i.e. wedding invites have date of May and certificate has date of September.

I therefore wanted to know whether I should submit my wedding invites along with my marriage certificate with the dependant application explaining what has caused the discrepancy with the dates or should I not submit the wedding invites at all and only submit the marriage certificate.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:24 pm

I understand from your earlier post that your wife was in UK as a Tier 2 migrant before leaving to apply for entry clearance. If so, may I ask:

Since when have the two of you been living together in the UK?
Do you have documentary evidence to prove cohabitation during the period that you were living together?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

chiku1980

Post by chiku1980 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi yes...you are right.

We have been livin together since our marriage.

We have documentary evidence of co habitation based on council tax and gas bills which carry both of our names.

Also her savings account has the same address as mine and we also have a joint account on the same address which also shows both of our names.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:45 pm

So, instead of wedding invitations and similar evidences (photographs etc.) include these evidences of cohabitation in the UK as evidence of subsisting relationship ... along with the marriage certificate.

There is no need to mention / explain that you were married earlier (as per religious customs) than what is stated in the marriage certificate, and do not provide any evidence that suggests / proves so.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!