ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pay in Lieu of Notice without Tax deduction in earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faisaltanoli

Pay in Lieu of Notice without Tax deduction in earning

Post by faisaltanoli » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Hello

My employer has given me a lump sump pay which includes “Pay in lieu of Notice”, "Holidays arrear” , “Ex-Gratia pay” and monthly pay.
I am curious to know whether "Pay in lieu of Notice" and "Holidays arrear” that has no tax deducted can be included into previous earning.
Also what is best way to show all the above payment separately in covering letter?

Thanks

Regards

Fai

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:11 am

Read 101.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

payment in lieu of notice (a payment made instead of requiring an employee to work the normal period of notice when leaving a job).

I have already seen this, but I have been told by someone that if employer have made lump sump payment along with ex-gratia(this is loss of office pay not redundancy pay) and there are not tax has been deducted then it can not be included into previous earning.

Regards

Fais