ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:08 pm

hashmil wrote:Ok so here is an update.

My company registration got refused. Apparently one of the documents was not "certified" - even though they were the original documents which we had sent. (3 out of the 4 documents we had sent were fine. It's just the one which they couldn't verify).

So, my visa expires this Saturday. I am flying back home this Friday.

My company will reapply for registration, and an restricted CoS so i can apply from home.

And for those who are waiting - they get back on urgent requests. Make sure you send a scan of your visa showing expiry date. (best to request urgent treatment only before 10 working days before expiry). They will get back in time for you to make your application. Only downside is, if they get back and it get's refused you will be in a tricky situation like me.

Good luck everyone!
Also another question. When they asked you to send verified document then did you not send them verified document ??

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:38 pm

what these people upto??
They rejecting most of applications by saying that they are not properly certified, no ethics at all

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
hashmil wrote:Ok so here is an update.

My company registration got refused. Apparently one of the documents was not "certified" - even though they were the original documents which we had sent. (3 out of the 4 documents we had sent were fine. It's just the one which they couldn't verify).

So, my visa expires this Saturday. I am flying back home this Friday.

My company will reapply for registration, and an restricted CoS so i can apply from home.

And for those who are waiting - they get back on urgent requests. Make sure you send a scan of your visa showing expiry date. (best to request urgent treatment only before 10 working days before expiry). They will get back in time for you to make your application. Only downside is, if they get back and it get's refused you will be in a tricky situation like me.

Good luck everyone!
Also another question. When they asked you to send verified document then did you not send them verified document ??
We sent our application on the 25th of June. Emailed for urgent request about a week ago. They got back after a couple of days saying that one of the document is not valid. So we sent another document which was original, and ideally didn't need to be certified. (the other 3 we sent were originals and didnt need certification, which they accepted). And today we got the post with all the documents returned saying that the application has been refused, and we don't have the right to appeal.

This pretty much angered my bosses. So from high up from my company they called the UKBA and explained the situation, and that I am an asset they cannot simply afford to let go. And they have said to make a new application and they "maybe" will treat as an urgent request and process it again. However the question is if they can get it to us back by Friday - as my current visa expires on Saturday.

So here's for hoping.

Someone83
BANNED

Post by Someone83 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:13 pm

What do you do in this case? Do you have a flight booked home? Last minute flights for me would cost me over £5000 for me and the missus.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Someone83 wrote:What do you do in this case? Do you have a flight booked home? Last minute flights for me would cost me over £5000 for me and the missus.
I have already paid for my flight and booked for Friday. £600 for me. Which is still a lot of money.

£5000 sounds insane! where do you have to fly to?

Someone83
BANNED

Post by Someone83 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 pm

New Zealand.

I still have 6 months before my visa expires but my company is only applying for a new license this week. I might book flights when there's 3 months left, just in case :(

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Someone83 wrote:New Zealand.

I still have 6 months before my visa expires but my company is only applying for a new license this week. I might book flights when there's 3 months left, just in case :(
You've got plenty of time mate!

Just make sure that your company has the correct documents, all properly certified. If they have asked for 4 documents send more than that just incase. Originals if possible, if not certified by a lawyer or something.

Towards your expiry if they don't get back get your company to email them for urgent treatment. Just remember they ignore everyone else if your visa doesnt expire in 10 working days. Only when it's very close to expire they consider it as "urgent" treatment. You've got 6 months anyway. So get your company to apply now!

Ross123
Newly Registered

Post by Ross123 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Got a reply from UKBA for our follow-up about urgent treatment:

"Dear X, Thank you for your email.

We can confirm the application is being treated as urgent.

Due to the high level of Sponsor Licence applications which continue to be received, casework processing times are currently taking longer than our normal published service standard.

Please note, if the application is referred for a visit, processing times will be significantly longer.

Yours sincerely

Sponsor Licensing Support (MLD)

"

So trust me even in urgent treatment there is a huge backlog.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Ross123 wrote:Got a reply from UKBA for our follow-up about urgent treatment:

Due to the high level of Sponsor Licence applications which continue to be received, casework processing times are currently taking longer than our normal published service standard.

Please note, if the application is referred for a visit, processing times will be significantly longer.

Yours sincerely

"

I feel like they are just having fun at there. Shame on them. They can't even handle that. This shows how lazy british people are.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Ross123 wrote:Got a reply from UKBA for our follow-up about urgent treatment:

Yours sincerely

"

When did you apply ?

Ross123
Newly Registered

Post by Ross123 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
When did you apply ?

We asked for urgent treatment two weeks ago, and I had to apply my visa application without COS.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Ross123 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
When did you apply ?

We asked for urgent treatment two weeks ago, and I had to apply my visa application without COS.
ok.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:50 am

@ Ross123

when did u applied for visa ? and i am very confused that when we apply without COS do they consider that application as incomplete application ? if they do than its a straight away refusal coz of not supplying complete documentation and if we attach covering letter from employer and copies of emails we received from UKBA do they take that into consideration?

my company applied for license but so far havn't heard anything from UKBA at all so let c will update you guys once I have any update

cheers
Rehan

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:57 am

@ Hashmil

so sorry to hear about the refusal of license application and i hope you get it sorted before friday and u dont have to fly back home and worse case senario if you do still i wish u gud luck and i hope it will be all sorted soon so u can carry on with ur work here in Uk.

once again sorry to hear that and just a quick question if you dont mind can you pm me your email .

many thanks

Rehan

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 am

rehan01 wrote:@ Ross123

when did u applied for visa ? and i am very confused that when we apply without COS do they consider that application as incomplete application ? if they do than its a straight away refusal coz of not supplying complete documentation and if we attach covering letter from employer and copies of emails we received from UKBA do they take that into consideration?

my company applied for license but so far havn't heard anything from UKBA at all so let c will update you guys once I have any update

cheers
Rehan
When did your company apply for License ?

Ross123
Newly Registered

Post by Ross123 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:34 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
rehan01 wrote:@ Ross123

cheers
Rehan

Well I applied my visa application just one day before it expired. Technically you are right the visa application without COS number is considered incomplete and it should be returned to you or the caseworker should ask you to supply the documents that you didn't in a limited time.

However given the credit there is a huge backlog in giving license I am pretty sure that all UKBA is aware about it as well the visa application caseworkers, thus I am sure they will freeze visa application because the fault is coming from UKBA not from you.

When you applying visa application without COS number, then definitely supply cover letter from your organization explaining the situation and include your organization license reference number.

Well I had no other choice as submit it without COS number, and it is much better option rather than if you go back home and start applying again from there under RESTRICTED COS. Which would take 2 as long than UNRESTRICTED COS. Anyway my opinion you will not loose anything even if you submit ur visa application without COS, and even if you are refused then you are given a chance to re-submit or they might ask you to leave and will give you for that 2-3 weeks )))

Someone83
BANNED

Post by Someone83 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:07 am

hashmil wrote:

Just make sure that your company has the correct documents, all properly certified. If they have asked for 4 documents send more than that just incase. Originals if possible, if not certified by a lawyer or something.

Towards your expiry if they don't get back get your company to email them for urgent treatment. Just remember they ignore everyone else if your visa doesnt expire in 10 working days. Only when it's very close to expire they consider it as "urgent" treatment. You've got 6 months anyway. So get your company to apply now!
Don't know really. At the moment the sponsor licenses have a delay of 6 months according to this thread. How long is COS taking currently? All these added up brings me very close to my visa expiry.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:24 am

Someone83 wrote:
hashmil wrote:

Don't know really. At the moment the sponsor licenses have a delay of 6 months according to this thread. How long is COS taking currently? All these added up brings me very close to my visa expiry.

Well you'll already have COS when you become Licensed sponsor. So you won't have to apply separately for that until and unless you need restricted COS.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:58 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
hashmil wrote:

Well you'll already have COS when you become Licensed sponsor. So you won't have to apply separately for that until and unless you need restricted COS.
Precisely, when the company applies for the registration they have to specify how many restricted and unrestricted CoS's they need. If they are unrestricted you should get them with the registration. If it's unrestricted it will depend on the monthly allocations.

again there is plenty of time, as it's in december. and even though they are quite lovely with their backlog, as long as your company makes a good case that it is pretty urgent and important that they can't let you leave, the UKBA will make it work. Have some hope (even though i have to leave this friday lol!)

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 am

hashmil wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
hashmil wrote:

Precisely, when the company applies for the registration they have to specify how many restricted and unrestricted CoS's they need. If they are unrestricted you should get them with the registration. If it's unrestricted it will depend on the monthly allocations.

again there is plenty of time, as it's in december. and even though they are quite lovely with their backlog, as long as your company makes a good case that it is pretty urgent and important that they can't let you leave, the UKBA will make it work. Have some hope (even though i have to leave this friday lol!)
Hashmil.

I thought you had it sorted out. As your company going to apply again and they will treat as urgent.

You are allowed to overstay for at least 28 days. Plus I'd apply without COS rather than leaving.

Ask your employer to attach a covering letter with your situation.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:36 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:
hashmil wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
Someone83 wrote:

Hashmil.

I thought you had it sorted out. As your company going to apply again and they will treat as urgent.

You are allowed to overstay for at least 28 days. Plus I'd apply without COS rather than leaving.

Wait what? can over stay upto 28 days? where does it say this?

and can i still be working in this 28 days?

Well, everything went fine. We even got urgent treatment. But my HR department pretty much screwed up by not sending a certified document. They refused, but we managed to call them and convince them to have a look again. So we resent the documents on Monday. However my visa expires this Saturday. I have booked flights for Friday now.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:00 pm

hashmil wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
hashmil wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:

Hashmil.

Wait what? can over stay upto 28 days? where does it say this?

and can i still be working in this 28 days?

Well, everything went fine. We even got urgent treatment. But my HR department pretty much screwed up by not sending a certified document. They refused, but we managed to call them and convince them to have a look again. So we resent the documents on Monday. However my visa expires this Saturday. I have booked flights for Friday now.
Hasmil.

I'd advise you not to leave country because otherwise it would be so hard to come back.

Do this:

-Get covering letter from your employer
"" We have applied for license and currently its under urgent treatment. Once we have the licsense we'll issue Mr.XXX COS"

-Apply T2 work permit (Without COS)

-Attach Covering letter

*They will hold off your application until you provide them with the COS.

This will not count as overstay.

Again don't leave sir.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:

Hasmil.

I'd advise you not to leave country because otherwise it would be so hard to come back.

Do this:

"" We have applied for license and currently its under urgent treatment. Once we have the licsense we'll issue Mr.XXX COS"

-Attach Covering letter

Again don't leave sir.
Any sources to back this up? I can't just go to my employer and say "oh i read this on a forum".

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 pm

hashmil wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:

Hasmil.

Do this:

-Attach Covering letter

Again don't leave sir.
Any sources to back this up? I can't just go to my employer and say "oh i read this on a forum".
Source ? OK Call UKBA and they will give you advise.

If NOT then leave this country.

chris_g642
Newly Registered

Post by chris_g642 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Hashmil, he advised you something good and in your favor, this is upto you to follow it or not!! And second thing, this depends on you and your company's relation if they trust you enough to do so or not!!... You have to find a way to convince your company, for example you can ask them to discuss regarding 'applying without CoS' with a lawyer if they know any... Thanks!!