ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Sheffield 22/10/2012 - Success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

navodwickra

PEO Sheffield 22/10/2012 - Success

Post by navodwickra » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi all I went to Sheffield PEO today(22nd) for my ILR. Case was straight forward,

1. Tier 1 + HSMP(2yrs)
2. Same Employer for 5 years

Went to the office around 9.15 AM although my appointment was fixed for 10.10AM

by 10AM they have taken my application, fees and biometrics.

So I waited for about 45 mins then my case worker appeared and told me if I have any photocopies with me, so I gave all the photocopies I had.

Then after another hour she came back and told me to I have to wait for another hour because they didn't get my biometric results. So I waited for another hour and then she told me they probably won't get it before 4PM.

She told me there's nothing wrong with the application and the only thing which is missing is the Biometric results. They gave me a letter which I can use at a Post Office to collect my boimetric information and send it to UKBA. But she told me not to do it until they advice me to do so(She said she'll call me first thing tomorrow morning)

Are there anyone with similar experience here at all?

Update : 23rd October 2012

Good news everyone!! the caseworker called me on my mobile and told me they've got my biometrics verified and decided to grant ILR. Passport and other documents will be posted today and the BRP card will be arrive with in 7 days. Couldn't be more happier !

Update : 24th October 2012

More good news! Just got the passport via Royal Mail :) BRP to be arrived with in 7 days !
Thank you so much for helping me out since I got HSMP.

Update : 25th October 2012

Finally the BRP card arrived :)
Last edited by navodwickra on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

oakleigh841
Newly Registered

Post by oakleigh841 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Sorry to hear things didn't go to plan today. I was there today too at around the same time it seems (I think I remember a CW calling someone up to the window in the corner next to the registration desk and saying the biometrics were taking longer than expected). My application had no biometrics issues, so it doesn't sound like a general IT issue that the UKBA seems to often have. I wonder what it means when they say they're waiting for results? Do they check against a database or something? I'd never had biometrics taken by UKBA previously.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:56 pm

oakleigh841 wrote:Sorry to hear things didn't go to plan today. I was there today too at around the same time it seems (I think I remember a CW calling someone up to the window in the corner next to the registration desk and saying the biometrics were taking longer than expected). My application had no biometrics issues, so it doesn't sound like a general IT issue that the UKBA seems to often have. I wonder what it means when they say they're waiting for results? Do they check against a database or something? I'd never had biometrics taken by UKBA previously.
That poor guy you saw probably was me :( I haven't given my Biometrics before either and yes this is not the common IT issue either, I'll wait till tomorrow morning and see if someone calls me. The letter they gave me says the application will be rejected if I don't submit biometric info within 15 days.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:02 am

Hi navodwickra: Sorry to hear that happened on your case. What documents you have submitted and did they return back your documents. I am also going to sheffield PEO next month and I am on same category. And there were not many people been to sheffield so sheffield feed back is not that much known to us like solihull has.
However I am thinking that CW might said you right fact. she also gave you letter stating the isue. Why she will tell you something different she does not need to. You will be fine. Please up date.
Thanks

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 am

arifahmmed wrote:Hi navodwickra: Sorry to hear that happened on your case. What documents you have submitted and did they return back your documents. I am also going to sheffield PEO next month and I am on same category. And there were not many people been to sheffield so sheffield feed back is not that much known to us like solihull has.
However I am thinking that CW might said you right fact. she also gave you letter stating the isue. Why she will tell you something different she does not need to. You will be fine. Please up date.
Thanks
No worries mate she called me today and everything is ok now (updated the OP).

Well they haven't returned anything yesterday but once I get them by post I'll post it here. here is the list of documents I have submitted.

1. payslips x 12
2. Bank statements x 12 : up to (10th of October). Natwest online statements, didn't stamp them.
3. P60 x 5
4. Letter from Employer
5. Original HSMP approval letter + Grant letter

As for the Sheffield PEO, it has a very small space. But the staff is brilliant. I never expected a call from them around 8.30 in the morning LOL.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Lovely to hear that everything is fine and congratulations for ILR.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:58 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Lovely to hear that everything is fine and congratulations for ILR.
Thanks mate. For your original question she mentioned what the problem was and did not give me a letter stating what went wrong. Just handed me a Biometric invitation which I can use in a Post Office.(Only to be used if they say so).

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi, navodwickra. How many absences did you have? Did you have any missing entry / exit stamps in your passport? If so, did the CW ask about them?

How did you get away with submitting online bank statements without having Natwest stamp them?

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 pm

somemightsay wrote:Hi, navodwickra. How many absences did you have? Did you have any missing entry / exit stamps in your passport? If so, did the CW ask about them?

How did you get away with submitting online bank statements without having Natwest stamp them?
about the stamps, yes I had all of them on my passport and my absences were lower than 180(I think something around 110) and no single absences were over 90 days.

Online bank statements were straight from Natwest so I didn't have to stamp them. You can order your Natwest bank statements online.

oakleigh841
Newly Registered

Post by oakleigh841 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Congratulations on everything working out and getting the ILR approval!
My residence permit arrived with a courier this morning, so only two days between the peo appointment (22/10), and the permit arriving. I imagine yours will probably arrive tomorrow as your application was processed in Sheffield like mine.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 pm

oakleigh841 wrote:Congratulations on everything working out and getting the ILR approval!
My residence permit arrived with a courier this morning, so only two days between the peo appointment (22/10), and the permit arriving. I imagine yours will probably arrive tomorrow as your application was processed in Sheffield like mine.
Thanks oakleigh841, yes I would expect it by tomorrow or day after tomorrow. another guy I know got his BRP with in 2 days (again Sheffield PEO)