ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent requirement to be 'Continuous' to apply ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tirfk

Tier 1 Dependent requirement to be 'Continuous' to apply ILR

Post by tirfk » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:17 am

Hi there
Can some one please shed some light on the spouse who is dependent of Tier 1 to be living in the UK continuously for 2 years (without any trips to India) or total period of her stay (including trips of more than 3months to india) should be 2 years- to be eligible to applt for ILR?

Is there a threshold limit for the dependents too- not to be away from the UK for more than 90days in a 12 month period?
Thank you.

tirfk

Pls answer moderators..

Post by tirfk » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:17 pm

319E. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain

To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as the Partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, indefinite leave to remain will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:

(a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and must not be an illegal entrant.

(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who:

(i) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant; or

(ii) is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(iii) has become a British Citizen where prior to that they held indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.

(c) The applicant must have, or have last been granted, leave as the partner of the Relevant Points Based System Migrant who:

(i) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant; or

(ii) is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(iii) has become a British Citizen where prior to that they held indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.

(d) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK in a marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, for at least the period specified in (i) or (ii):

(i) If the applicant was granted leave as:

(a) the Partner of that Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(b) the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of that person at a time when that person had leave under another category of these Rules
under the Rules in place before 9 July 2012, and since then has had continuous leave as the Partner of that Relevant Points based System Migrant, the specified period is 2 years

(It doesnt mention about the gaps or continuous period. Please clarify..)
(ii) If (i) does not apply, the specified period is 5 years, during which the applicant must:

(a) have been in a relationship with the same Relevant Points Based System Migrant for this entire period,

(b) have spent the most recent part of the 5 year period with leave as the Partner of that Relevant Points Based System Migrant, and during that part of the period have met all of the requirements of paragraph 319C(a) to (e), and

(c) have spent the remainder of the 5 year period, where applicable, as the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of that person at a time when that person had leave under another category of these Rules.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Pls answer moderators..

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:49 pm

tirfk wrote: (It doesnt mention about the gaps or continuous period. Please clarify..)
You have looked at the rules. What is there to clarify? If it is not there, it is not there. Simples.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:11 pm

It mentions.. in 2 parts..
(d) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK in a marriage
under the Rules in place before 9 July 2012, and since then has had continuous leave as the Partner of that Relevant Points based System Migrant, the specified period is 2 years
If you read them seperately.. it says only visa needs to be there for 2 years.. if you combine it.. it isnt clear.. my wife is on vacation in India.. and she wants to extend for another 4 months (making it full 7 months)..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:42 pm

The leave must be continuous, the stay in the UK may not be.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

raju2310
Newly Registered

Post by raju2310 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi All,

I have a similar case as trifik....

My wife got HSMP Dependant Visa in 2008 March and came to the UK in June 2008. Since then she also got a tier 1 dependant visa extended

In 2010, we decided to have our baby in India and my wife was in India from May 2010 till April 2011.

Now since she has not lived continously with me for the last 2 years and has only lived for 1 year 9 months (calculating from Jan 2013)

Will she not be eligible for ILR?

Not to mention that i can only give cohabitation documents for only 1year 9 months continous...

Can anyone please shed some light on this please....

raju2310
Newly Registered

Post by raju2310 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:15 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The leave must be continuous, the stay in the UK may not be.
Thanks very much Susdmehta... that was very helpful.....

How strict are the guidelines for cohabitation documents, i see in the guide lines that they want upto most recent 2 years.....

is the word upto a give away.....

will they be ok with 1 year 9 months of documnets? has anybody had such experience??

raju2310
Newly Registered

Post by raju2310 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:02 pm

I just called the UKBA help line on this number 08706067766 and i have some rather strange and uncomfortable news.... And to be honest i dont trust it very much....

My situation

My Timeline in UK:

HSMP Visa Granted : Feb 1st 2008
Entry into UK : 20th March 2012
HSMP Dependent Visa for my wife : March 2008
Wife entered into UK : June 2008
Extension of Visa for both : Feb 2010
Due for ILR : Feb 2013

In Feb 2010 we found out on our India trip that we were expecting and we decided to have the baby in India.
So my wife was out of UK from May 2010 till April 2011.

The helpline woman said, i cannot apply for my wife`s ILR in Jan 2013 as she has continously not lived with me for the last 2 years....

Has anybody else been in such a situation?? Any information will be really appreciated...