ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query realted to 5 years of employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhkhan

Query realted to 5 years of employment

Post by mhkhan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for your time.

I arrived in the UK a month after my Tier 1 visa in 2009 and got my first job six months later. Have been in contractual but continuous employment since then which helped me get my first extension after completing 3 years.

Concerned as could less than 5 years of employment go against me when I apply for my ILR in June 2014?

Many thanks in advance.

p2kin

Re: Query realted to 5 years of employment

Post by p2kin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 pm

mhkhan wrote: Concerned as could less than 5 years of employment go against me when I apply for my ILR in June 2014?
ILR does not need you to be in continuous employment for all 5 yrs for Tier 1 G category... If you can show you can accumulate enough points in last 12 out of 15 continuous month, then you should be fine...

However, June 14 is way to go... keep an eye on rules if they change, you need to qualify criteria at that time...

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Many thanks for your reply. It is reassuring to know that 5 years residence is required and not 5 years employment. I have read posts in which applicants were asking how to complete previous employment documents to prove their continuous employment. Hence I started to have doubts. Hope that is not the case.

I also hope the changes in the future do not affect those who have already gotten their first extension.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:14 pm

mhkhan wrote:Many thanks for your reply. It is reassuring to know that 5 years residence is required and not 5 years employment. I have read posts in which applicants were asking how to complete previous employment documents to prove their continuous employment. Hence I started to have doubts. Hope that is not the case.

I also hope the changes in the future do not affect those who have already gotten their first extension.
Keep an eye on Home Office website... all the information for Tier 1 General ILR is there....

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Alright. I sure will.

Many thanks.