ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tak1986
Newly Registered

Post by tak1986 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:58 pm

as268 wrote:
Ged wrote:as268; Yes it is worth asking them about it. Another issue is to making sure that your bank is expecting the payment. For any security reason, if your bank stops such a payment, you probably know what the consequences would be. If you have already done that, and notified your debit card issuer, you have much less to be worried about.
thanks for that GED. Yea, have been liaising with my bank and asked if any payment had been declined or whether there had been any attempts to take payment ut nothing. I have used this account for previous applications made by post so not sure what the issue is. I was worried they maybe sending the forms back but there is absolutely no reason too. I've sent a letter to the adress I've been given and hope I'll hear something back asap because now I'm worried they've lost my things
Hope the payment get processed soon. I am in the similar situation but other way round? my payment was taken at the beginning of October, but I still not received an acknowledgement letter. my solicitor said they might have backlog from previous months.

katya_s
Newly Registered

Post by katya_s » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi,

I'm relatively new here but have been silent reading for a a bit before submitting my application. Could you please add my details for the skydrive spreadsheet?

Application sent: 08/10/2012
Fee taken: 16/10/2012
Acknowledgement letter dated: 16/10/2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 20/10/2012
All further steps: currently waiting

My immigration history is 5 years student + 1 year IGS + 2 years WP + 2 years Tier 1 (General)

I made the application myself, no lawyers involved. I sent all required documents (all passports, police registration, KoL pass confirmation), plus a bunch of papers to prove that I was in the UK during two periods in 2003 and 2004 as I had two entry stamps to the UK missing, and a cover letter to explain this. I probably didn't need to supply extra documents as they've got the landing cards but I thought I'd overdo rather than underdo.

smshad

Post by smshad » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 am

Hi,
I had the same issue where they did not stamp my passport in 2003 when I returned back to the UK. I called HO in August 2012 before I applied and the guy told me even HO will have my landing cards etc but I have to send them documentry evidence that I was in the country for the period. So I send them GP record and some bank statments showing cash deposit/witdrawls.

You did the right thing sending them proof and anyone who has missing stamp should send documetnry evidence. Do not assume that HO will have landing cards. HO told me that onus is on applicatn to provide evidance.

[quote="katya_s"]Hi,

I'm relatively new here but have been silent reading for a a bit before submitting my application. Could you please add my details for the skydrive spreadsheet?

My immigration history is 5 years student + 1 year IGS + 2 years WP + 2 years Tier 1 (General)

I made the application myself, no lawyers involved. I sent all required documents (all passports, police registration, KoL pass confirmation), plus a bunch of papers to prove that I was in the UK during two periods in 2003 and 2004 as I had two entry stamps to the UK missing, and a cover letter to explain this. I probably didn't need to supply extra documents as they've got the landing cards but I thought I'd overdo rather than underdo.[/quote]

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 am

Do they really need the entry stamps? Over the years I have left the UK 19 times and then back in. I have only had entry stamps for about half of these. There never is an UK exit stamp anyway. Not sure how all this works. Although I have an Indian entry and exit stamp for every visit some of my European visits have no stamp at all. Not sure how all this works. Now I have one more thing added to my list of worries :-(.

smshad wrote:Hi,
I had the same issue where they did not stamp my passport in 2003 when I returned back to the UK. I called HO in August 2012 before I applied and the guy told me even HO will have my landing cards etc but I have to send them documentry evidence that I was in the country for the period. So I send them GP record and some bank statments showing cash deposit/witdrawls.

You did the right thing sending them proof and anyone who has missing stamp should send documetnry evidence. Do not assume that HO will have landing cards. HO told me that onus is on applicatn to provide evidance.

katya_s wrote:Hi,

I made the application myself, no lawyers involved. I sent all required documents (all passports, police registration, KoL pass confirmation), plus a bunch of papers to prove that I was in the UK during two periods in 2003 and 2004 as I had two entry stamps to the UK missing, and a cover letter to explain this. I probably didn't need to supply extra documents as they've got the landing cards but I thought I'd overdo rather than underdo.

smshad

Post by smshad » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:10 am

Hi,

When I said to HO guy on phone that UK does not out exit stamp on passports & my entry date into the UK could be verified from the stamp and date I left Pakistan to come back to the UK but that guy said you could have gone to another country as well. In the end he said “you are the applicant it’s your responsibility to provide all necessary documentation / evidence related to your 10 year stay”. Normally it’s proved by visa and passport stamps but if there is something missing you need to send evidence.
If you have not applied yet, you can get your data from HO and then apply. If you have already applied then don’t worry it may take longer than normal as they will dig out your data themselves.

[quote="mbnarayn"]Do they really need the entry stamps? Over the years I have left the UK 19 times and then back in. I have only had entry stamps for about half of these. There never is an UK exit stamp anyway. Not sure how all this works. Although I have an Indian entry and exit stamp for every visit some of my European visits have no stamp at all. Not sure how all this works. Now I have one more thing added to my list of worries :-(.

[quote="smshad"]Hi,

[quote="katya_s"]Hi,

I made the application myself, no lawyers involved. I sent all required documents (all passports, police registration, KoL pass confirmation), plus a bunch of papers to prove that I was in the UK during two periods in 2003 and 2004 as I had two entry stamps to the UK missing, and a cover letter to explain this. I probably didn't need to supply extra documents as they've got the landing cards but I thought I'd overdo rather than underdo.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks smshad. I have already applied and am still waiting and I had applied for a SAR last year which only had a few landing cards. Guess I will only have to wait and watch as adding more documents at this stage might further delay the process.

[quote="smshad"]Hi,

When I said to HO guy on phone that UK does not out exit stamp on passports & my entry date into the UK could be verified from the stamp and date I left Pakistan to come back to the UK but that guy said you could have gone to another country as well. In the end he said “you are the applicant it’s your responsibility to provide all necessary documentation / evidence related to your 10 year stay”. Normally it’s proved by visa and passport stamps but if there is something missing you need to send evidence.
If you have not applied yet, you can get your data from HO and then apply. If you have already applied then don’t worry it may take longer than normal as they will dig out your data themselves.

Hyper-PK

Indefinite Leave to Remain ILR

Post by Hyper-PK » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi I'm relatively new here but have been silent reading for a a bit before submitting my application. Could you please add my details for the skydrive spreadsheet?

Application sent: 24/08/2012
Fee taken: Postal Order
Acknowledgement letter dated: 29/08/2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 31/08/2012
BIO Letter: Still Waiting

I will update here asap I get any update

Is any one else still waiting for the BIO since August?????
Many thanks

Best of Luck all...))))

Desigirl
Newly Registered

Re: Sending by lawyer

Post by Desigirl » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:04 pm

manwar wrote:Does it make it faster if you apply through a lawyer. one of my friend applied through immigration lawyer who charges 400 for set (0) ten years. is there any gurantee. I heard lawyer can write to homeoffice and HO would reply to them if its delayed??
No it does not matter, my solicitor charged me £750 and an extra £200 for SAR (which I did not know about until I came to this forum, it costs £10), and I've been waiting 6 months like everybody else.

missniu
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain ILR

Post by missniu » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 pm

[quote="Hyper-PK"]Hi I'm relatively new here but have been silent reading for a a bit before submitting my application. Could you please add my details for the skydrive spreadsheet?

Many thanks

Best of Luck all...))))[/quote]

Yes, I applied on the 15th August.
Payment taken 23rd August
Acknowledgement received 20th August, but still waiting for biometrics letter

khanjaan

Post by khanjaan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:07 am

missniu wrote:
Hyper-PK wrote:Hi I'm relatively new here but have been silent reading for a a bit before submitting my application. Could you please add my details for the skydrive spreadsheet?

Many thanks

Best of Luck all...))))

Acknowledgement received 20th August, but still waiting for biometrics letter
Yes i have applied 08th of august still waiting for biometrics

smshad

Post by smshad » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:55 am

Hi, I applied in August as well still waiting for BIO letter. Fee taken on 16th Aug, ack letter received on 21st Aug, since then nothing. Hope we all should get the letters soon, many ppl receive near 2 months.

[quote="khanjaan"][quote="missniu"][quote="Hyper-PK"]Hi I'm relatively new here but have been silent reading for a a bit before submitting my application. Could you please add my details for the skydrive spreadsheet?

Many thanks

Best of Luck all...))))[/quote]

Acknowledgement received 20th August, but still waiting for biometrics letter[/quote]

Yes i have applied 08th of august still waiting for biometrics[/quote]

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 am

I applied in August 6 and still waiting for biometric letter, in fact I applied for my SAR in Aug 15 and is taking more than the 40 days stipulated time, I email them and below is The reply I got from the HO

"Regarding your Subject Access Request ,ref DPU 99842. I am sorry to inform you that we have been unable to complete the disclosure in this case within the statutory 40 calendar days.

I apologies for the inconvenience this will undoubtedly cause, but wish to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to process the access request and dispatch the disclosure to you as soon as possible."

Has anyone experiences such wait for SAR ?

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 pm

let_koko wrote:I applied in August 6 and still waiting for biometric letter, in fact I applied for my SAR in Aug 15 and is taking more than the 40 days stipulated time, I email them and below is The reply I got from the HO

"Regarding your Subject Access Request ,ref DPU 99842. I am sorry to inform you that we have been unable to complete the disclosure in this case within the statutory 40 calendar days.

I apologies for the inconvenience this will undoubtedly cause, but wish to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to process the access request and dispatch the disclosure to you as soon as possible."

Has anyone experiences such wait for SAR ?

I applied last year for a SAR. It took 3 months to get one. I wrote to them twice while I was waiting and got the same response as you the 1st time and then 2nd time I got response saying that they were in the process of obtaining paper records etc. Hope it does not take that long for you.

saad123
Newly Registered

Post by saad123 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi applied 10 years long residence in april 2012 and still waiting today it completed
6 months just want to ask anyone still waiting from april and is there any no.of homeoffice to contact because the no. written in acknowlegment letter is automatic recording no.plz help me in this regard.thanks

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:45 pm

saad123 wrote:Hi applied 10 years long residence in april 2012 and still waiting today it completed
6 months just want to ask anyone still waiting from april and is there any no.of homeoffice to contact because the no. written in acknowlegment letter is automatic recording no.plz help me in this regard.thanks
Hi

Do you not have this number 08706067766? You just need to select the right options and eventually you will be able to speak to someone. It will be interesting to know if they give you any updates. Please keep us posted. Good Luck.

Warrenpfo
Newly Registered

Post by Warrenpfo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:07 pm

I am in the same boat as you. I applied back on the 9th April and it was 6 months 2 weeks back with no news at all. I now call once a week for an update but all they say is that it is being processed.

Its a bit of a joke really.

saad123
Newly Registered

Post by saad123 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Warrenpfo wrote:I am in the same boat as you. I applied back on the 9th April and it was 6 months 2 weeks back with no news at all. I now call once a week for an update but all they say is that it is being processed.

thanks for your reply and now little relief that i am not the only one. which no.u call for update.thanks

smzai80
Newly Registered

Post by smzai80 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:53 pm

saad123 wrote:
Warrenpfo wrote:I am in the same boat as you. I applied back on the 9th April and it was 6 months 2 weeks back with no news at all. I now call once a week for an update but all they say is that it is being processed.

thanks for your reply and now little relief that i am not the only one. which no.u call for update.thanks

Dear Saad123 and warrenpfo,
One of my friends yesterday phoned them and he got the same reply, that it is still in process. Could you please tell us, were you application straight forward, I mean any thing whihc you think can delay ur application? Because I am still waiting for 2 weeks to complete my 6 Months, I already contact my MP, he email them but UKBA replied to him that I need to wait for four weeks in order to complete 6 months. So the best is to Contact ur MP on a website http://www.writetothem.com.

s4sam
Newly Registered

Calling all June-12 Applicants

Post by s4sam » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Dear Friends,

All June-12 applicants !

I need to speak up and I request everyone to participate actively in letting us know, when they applied and if they have received any feedback from the UKBA. Thanks in advance for your help in facing this agony !.

Calling all June -12 applicants. Has anyone received a reply for their SET-O Long residence application. Please come forward and enlighten us with your good news. This will help everyone who applied in April-12 and May-12 as well. My timeline is as follows:

Application sent : 06/06/2012
Acknowledgement letter received : 13/06/2012 (Dated 07/06/2012)
Biometrics request received : 25/08/2012 (dated 22-08-2012)
Biometrics given : 28/08/2012

Document + Passport + BRP card received : Waiting

These last person I see on the Spreadsheet applied on the 28/05/2012, shall I assume none of the applicants received a reply who applied after this date?. Please help.

Good luck to those who applied in April/May 12 and are still waiting,I can understand your pain.

We are all in this together!

Regards

S4sam

mbnarayn

Re: Calling all June-12 Applicants

Post by mbnarayn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:13 pm

[quote="s4sam"]Dear Friends,

All June-12 applicants !

Hi

I applied on the 7th of June. I am still waiting. My details are on the spreadsheet as mbna

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... &app=Excel

Regards

SGP2103
Newly Registered

Post by SGP2103 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi All,

I've been following this topic for a few weeks now and I think it's simply brilliant- the spreadsheet that you have made available is a great tool to give us visibility of processing times! Minor point: Why are the dates in american format?

Please add my details to it:

Application sent : 30/08/2012
Acknowledgement letter received : 03/09/2012
Biometrics request received : Still waiting
Biometrics given : Still waiting

Many thanks,

SGP

t4tifa
Newly Registered

Post by t4tifa » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 pm

s4sam wrote:Dear Friends,

S4sam
hi s4sam i can feel ur pain and all those who r in the same satuation .i know w8ting is not gud experiance for me ..... i am 100% sure home office will speed up there process ..... my prays are with u ...
Regards
t4tifa

Hyper-PK

ILR

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 am

Hi Guys, Just let you know that's I had recieved my Bio Letter today 23/10/12
And same day I went to the post office and got done the Bio. Who ever is waiting since August will get soon
It was sent through 2nd class in brown Envelope

Here is my Time line
Application sent: 24/08/12
Ack recieved : 31/08/12
Bio letter Recieved: 23/10/12
Bio Enrolled: 23/10/12

Started Final Waite ....so it could b another 2-4 months now on

Best of Luck all

shahshah

Post by shahshah » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 am

yes Dear , i applied on 06th June 2012 as well. registered my bio matrick on 18th august but since then no reploy . I am aso worried that i got 3 point on my driving licience last week as well so well wounder when this waiting will come to end.

Yulichka
Newly Registered

Post by Yulichka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 am

[quote="s4sam"]Dear Friends,

All June-12 applicants !

I need to speak up and I request everyone to participate actively in letting us know, when they applied and if they have received any feedback from the UKBA. Thanks in advance for your help in facing this agony !.

Calling all June -12 applicants. Has anyone received a reply for their SET-O Long residence application. Please come forward and enlighten us with your good news. This will help everyone who applied in April-12 and May-12 as well. My timeline is as follows:

These last person I see on the Spreadsheet applied on the 28/05/2012, shall I assume none of the applicants received a reply who applied after this date?. Please help.

Good luck to those who applied in April/May 12 and are still waiting,I can understand your pain.

We are all in this together!

Regards

S4sam[/quote]

Hi Sam,

Applied on 28/06/12... still waiting :-(