ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanum
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by sanum » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi everyone,
I am due to apply for naturalisation in Dec this year as a spouse of an I rish citizen but I have some short comings and different people have been giving me different opinions. I satisfied all the requirements except that I have never worked in Ireland and I only recently started getting job seekers` allowance from May this year. I originally objected to it but because all my genuine efforts over the years to find a job failed, I decided to take up a course with VTOS but was told I had to be on social for a minimum of 6months to be eligible and now I don`t know whether to go ahead with my application or to forget it altogether. Presently, I am doing a short course with Vec while on awaiting list for the VTOS` one.
I contacted justice dept and asked them if I could apply regardless and was told that anyone who meets the statutory requirements can apply. Pls if you have gone through a similar situation or know anyone who has,
your advice is greatly welcomed.

Thanks.
Last edited by sanum on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:03 pm

There's no reason why you shouldn't apply. Being in receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance is not, according to law, a reason to refuse an application for naturalisation.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:00 pm

i think you should apply for citizenship.

sanum
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by sanum » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:28 pm

I am extremely grateful for the advice and I will do just that come Dec.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 pm

LOL, u r tricking the state every week for social welfare money....So what if they trick you for €175 naturalization application fee..... However, you can apply for naturalization, regardless of if you are working or not.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:09 pm

zafarzafar80 wrote:LOL, u r tricking the state every week for social welfare money....So what if they trick you for €175 naturalization application fee..... However, you can apply for naturalization, regardless of if you are working or not.
Where did the OP state that he is "tricking" anyone?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:17 pm

zafarzafar80 wrote:LOL, u r tricking the state every week for social welfare money....So what if they trick you for €175 naturalization application fee..... However, you can apply for naturalization, regardless of if you are working or not.
The words you use reveal a lot more about yourself than what you are trying to convey.

People who utilize the options that they are legally entitled to, are not tricking anyone!

@zafarzafar80: The sarcasm in your statement is shameful behavior for what this forum stands for.
-xxxtieee-