ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abcdknocked
Newly Registered

naturalisation application

Post by abcdknocked » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi,

I am very confused about who should I give as my referee. i did not work in any company or at one place for 3 years or more. so neither can i suggest my current dentist, GP, my current company etc. I know there is a list of who can be a professional referee. But, no one comes under this 3 years category.

Could you suggest what can be done about it.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Referee for naturalisation application

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Reference 1: professional standing (any nationality)
Reference 2: British (older than 25 or professional standing)

So your first reference can be someone you know from your home country (if it is a professional), for example a teacher, a priest, a former employer, etc. Your second referee must be British and over 25 (or alternatively a professional), so you could ask your landlord/landlady, someone from a sports club, etc. If you have been in the country long enough, you are bound to know a couple of people. It doesn't matter too much if you didn't have contact with them for a while, as long as they can still remember you.

abcdknocked
Newly Registered

Post by abcdknocked » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:Reference 1: professional standing (any nationality)
Reference 2: British (older than 25 or professional standing)

So your first reference can be someone you know from your home country (if it is a professional), for example a teacher, a priest, a former employer, etc. Your second referee must be British and over 25 (or alternatively a professional), so you could ask your landlord/landlady, someone from a sports club, etc. If you have been in the country long enough, you are bound to know a couple of people. It doesn't matter too much if you didn't have contact with them for a while, as long as they can still remember you.
What about 3 years of requirement.??

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm

abcdknocked wrote:What about 3 years of requirement.??
You need to know the reference for three years, yes. You cannot select someone you just met the other day. However, there is no requirement that you must have been continuously within shouting distance of that person for the last 3 years.

abcdknocked
Newly Registered

5 year addresses : problem for spouse

Post by abcdknocked » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Referee problem is solved now. But, need advice for below issue. Since moderator wants me to add in same Topic:
for naturalisation application we have to list all the addresses in last 5 years.

Once 3 years ago, i was searching for job and we decided to move to London. I booked a house for rent and exactly at that time my wife went to India. Not to create any problem in address proof, she updated new london address for her bank account and left to India.

Just before I can move to London, i got job somewhere else (Oxford) and I had to cancel this new London house and go directly to Oxford. My wife could not update her bank address since, she was abroad. When she came back after 2-3 months, we immediately moved to another address in Oxford (since previous one was temporary and small).

Long story short, my wife's bank addresses shows London address which we did not stay and does not show my first Oxford address since we immediately moved from there.

I am confused in what addresses we should list in application form??

I am applying joint application. Can it affect me???

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:34 pm

You have to list the addresses you lived at in the past ... not the addresses that may have been reflected in some documents or addresses that you intended to stay at but did not (for one reason or the other)!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

abcdknocked
Newly Registered

Documents query : Very less documents this time and UKBA ref

Post by abcdknocked » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:55 am

"Documents query : Very less documents this time and UKBA ref"
Mine is joint application (me and my wife) and I am not self employed. I have chosen nationality checking service for submission of application.

It seems in my case there are very less documents required as per the last page of form:

passports,
Life in UK test certificates
marriage certificate
license cards with counterpart( because they were used in Life in UK test for ID)

These sounds nothing. I don't think it mentions address proofs etc. Do I not need to give them. Any other document I may be missing.???

One more thing, first detail asked in first page application is 'UKBA reference number'. does it mean my ILR reerence number?? Where can I find it.[/b][/quote]

bobobo

Re: Documents query : Very less documents this time and UKBA

Post by bobobo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 am

All docs required are on the lat page of the AN form. the list you have is fine (infact you dont need your license counterpart as well as long as you have the photocard license.

UKB Ref Number would be on any communication you have had with the HO previously, they put this as Ref on the letters they send out.
abcdknocked wrote:"Documents query : Very less documents this time and UKBA ref"
Mine is joint application (me and my wife) and I am not self employed. I have chosen nationality checking service for submission of application.

It seems in my case there are very less documents required as per the last page of form:

passports,
Life in UK test certificates
marriage certificate
license cards with counterpart( because they were used in Life in UK test for ID)

These sounds nothing. I don't think it mentions address proofs etc. Do I not need to give them. Any other document I may be missing.???

One more thing, first detail asked in first page application is 'UKBA reference number'. does it mean my ILR reerence number?? Where can I find it.[/b]
[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:50 am

Hi,

I would strongly recommend you also take your latest P60. I did not require mine as I applied as spouse of BC, but NCS asked for it and took a copy to send with my application.

Thanks

Char

abcdknocked
Newly Registered

Post by abcdknocked » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Where did you get 'UKBA reference number'???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:01 pm

I have just had a look at the copy of my AN form I submitted and I didn't put a UKBA reference number and I recall NCS saying it was not necessary as I was providing my BRP stating I have ILR.

Thanks

Char