ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question About New Financial Requirement.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello mates

What if u get a job offer to start within 3 months of ur arrival to the UK?!

Can that help the application?? Or does the sponsor still need to meet the finanacial requirements of £18,600??

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:30 am

Job offers are only useful when they apply to the sponsor who is also returning to the UK with the applicant.

Otherwise they can't be applied to the threshold.

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:08 pm

btw does it affect ur application if u r going to live in ur sponsor's parents house!! knowing that her parents receive housing benefits??

the house has 3 bedrooms, 1 living room... big enough for 4 ppl!!!

one other question (Part 2 Appendix2 VAF4A) about intending to work in the UK!!! since it is a settlement application it's obvious the applicant will intend to work there!!! so why ask it in the 1st place?

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Omaricious wrote:btw does it affect ur application if u r going to live in ur sponsor's parents house!! knowing that her parents receive housing benefits??

the house has 3 bedrooms, 1 living room... big enough for 4 ppl!!!

one other question (Part 2 Appendix2 VAF4A) about intending to work in the UK!!! since it is a settlement application it's obvious the applicant will intend to work there!!! so why ask it in the 1st place?
Any help mates??

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:53 pm

in relation to the previous post i wud like to know if the receipt of housing benefits cud rise doubts about the cash savings (£22k) of my partner!!

actually she received some cash from her mom who sold some of her jewels etc.. jst to cover the shortfall (she works full time with an income of £1160/month + part time job in a coffee shop £200/month which gives a total of £1,360/month) so with a simple calculation the shortfall is £5,700.

£16,000 + £5,700 = £21,700

Cash savings available : £22.000

practicaly we r meeting the financial requirements init??

i want also to ask since we are living in the same house as her parents!! i would need a letter from her dad saying the house could accomodate the 4 of us!! right??

Any Help or advise would b greatly appreciated, thank u :)

garry10

Post by garry10 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:23 pm

harv wrote:
Omaricious wrote:
Casa wrote:The minimum amount is £18,600 per year.
which gives £1,550 per month!!! so u need a 6 months payslips that prove u are earning that amount whether it is from one job or combining 2 jobs!! right??
Yes and that's a Gross amount before tax. So in reality you will be getting a little less after the tax.

Your monthly payslips however show both Gross (before tax) and Net (after Tax and NI)
PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME WOULD YOU KNOW IF MY WIFE HAS 25 K IN THE BANK AND SHE EARNS 500 POUND A MONTH WILL THIS BE ENOUGH TO GET SETTLMENT VISA? old rules
THANKS
Application submited:27-06-2012
Arrived at visa section:28-06-2012
email recived from ukba decision made 10/10/2012
visa stamped 10/10/2012
visa collected VISA APROVED ALHAMDOLLILAH 11/10/2012

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:25 pm

hi all again

i'm still waiting for an answer to my questions!!

any help would b really appreciated :)

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:42 am

Hi Omaricious

- Housing Benefit - this benefit is calculated on your regular wages rather then looking at your savings. So as long as your partner is elgibile by showing all the Full-time and part-time pay, then there should not be an issue. However if she is getting paid this much per month (around £340/week), I do not think she is eligible to get Housing Benefit. UKBA would be able to find that out and that might cause issues, so its your call.

- Job - you have two jobs and in order to combine them you will need to show 12 months of payslips on both accounts if possible and bank statements. You will also require employer's letter from both the jobs to mention her working pattern.

- Savings - You need to show that your savings are in good state for the last 6 months from the date of application i.e. not a borrowed amount from a relative for a couple of months.

If you can satisfy the above 'job and savings' requirements, you should be fine with financial requirements.

In terms of accommodation, you need to make sure that you are not causing overcrowding in the house to be able to pass this requirement. A letter from the parents/landlord should be enough and a housing report would also be beneficial (measurements, pictures of all rooms in the house).

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:17 am

There is an upper savings limit for housing benefit, essentially if you have more than £16,000 in savings then you do not qualify for housing benefit.

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi all, thank u alot for ur replies

I got to mention that its not my partner who is receiving housing benefits, its her parents!! And we r living @ their house. Does that affect my application??

Ummm is it necessary to work 12 months in order to combine earnings from both jobs!??

Then i would need to add that shortfall of £5,700 to the savings in order to avoid this situation (where i need to wait for 12 months)!!

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Anyone can help on tha???t!! Its urgent i need to prepare my application and need to know those points before i apply!!

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Omaricious wrote:Hi all, thank u alot for ur replies

I got to mention that its not my partner who is receiving housing benefits, its her parents!! And we r living @ their house. Does that affect my application??

Ummm is it necessary to work 12 months in order to combine earnings from both jobs!??

Then i would need to add that shortfall of £5,700 to the savings in order to avoid this situation (where i need to wait for 12 months)!!
I am no expert just someone who is also researching it and asking plenty of questions along the way like yourself - but I believe you have to have worked 12 months in the 'main' job in order to use 6 months of pay from a second job. If that makes sense.

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:33 pm

sorry but i have to re-ask my 3 questions again :

1 - My partners parents are receiveing housing beneftis and renting a house from a housing association. that is the house where we r intending to live (my partner and i ) Does this have any influence on my application knowing that my partner has savings of more than 20k?

2 - is it certain that in order to combine incomes from 2 jobs she needs to av worked for 12 months in both jobs?? what if she has 6 months only in each job??

3 - my partners savings are 22k, most of it is received as gifts from her parents in cash, and some from me plus her personal savings. the problem is that the cash was given in hand and not by any transfer!! what if they ask about the source of savings??

in the wait to hear from you, i shall thank everybody for their collaboration ;)

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 am

1) As long as the housing association can give you a no objection letter to allow you to join your partner, the house is not overcrowded and your partner can show her name on the tenancy agreement.

2) I am not 100% sure about this, but if you are able to gather 12 months evidence that would be better.

3) As long as the savings can be shown in a bank account on her or your name for the last six months it should be okay. They might question the source of savings but to be honest I have not heard anyone been asked about this at all.

Best of luck
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Thanks a lot Harv for ur answers :)

Jst need a firm reply about the period required in order to combine earnings fron 2 jobs!! 6 months or 12 months!??

If anyone can contribute i wud b thankful!

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:21 am

3.1.4 Accommodation requirement
An applicant must evidence that they meet the accommodation requirement in paragraph E-ECP 3.4 for entry clearance as a partner. The evidence must show that there will be adequate accommodation, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included on the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively.

what if the parents receive housing benefits? would that lead to the application refusal?

thanks

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:48 am

what if the parents receive housing benefits? would that lead to the application refusal?
No.

When I applied my parents were in receipt of housingh benefit and income support. No impact on my application.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:38 am

Thnk u harv bt is it the same under the new rules??

For the info.. We r willin to contribute to the rent as we wud b living in the upper floor!!

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:34 pm

From ur point of view which option is better!!?

1: should the parent sublet the room 1st to their daughter before the point of application??

2: or should we jst submit a letter from her parents stating that they r ok with us living with them??

For the info the parents r in receipt of housing benefits and renting from a housing association!! Bt the tenancy agreement stipulates that it is ok for the tenant to sublet part of the house.

Any advise wud appreciated!! Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Option 2

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:52 pm

thanks casa :)

so should we provide a letter from her parents allowing as to dwell in the house for free?? or shoud they mention that we will be paying rent once we are settled and living together my partner and i??!!

btw we must also provide a copy of the tenancy agreement and statements (which include the amount of housing benefits received)+ utility bills in the name of her father!!! right?

is that all the docs requiered for the accommodation bit?

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Omaricious wrote:thanks casa :)

so should we provide a letter from her parents allowing as to dwell in the house for free?? or shoud they mention that we will be paying rent once we are settled and living together my partner and i??!!

btw we must also provide a copy of the tenancy agreement and statements (which include the amount of housing benefits received)+ utility bills in the name of her father!!! right?

is that all the docs requiered for the accommodation bit?
Any updates mates!??

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Ideas and opinions plz??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:30 pm

You don't need to say that you'll be paying rent. In fact your in-laws may well not be able to 'sub-let'. You will need a letter from your in-laws landlord agreeing to you living in the property...together with a copy of the tenancy agreement...although this needn't include details of housing benefit.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 am

As Casa said.

Provide the following:

1 - Tenancy agreement - since your name is not mention as the main aplicant in the agreement, you are not liable to pay the rent

2 - Letter from the parents (whos name is on the tenancy agreement) to allow you and your wife to live in the house

3 - Letter from the landlord/agency as no objection for your wife to join you in the house

4 - List of all the people including Date of Birth living in the house and a report of house (such as rom measurements, photographs of all rooms etc). This is to show your house is not overcrowded and will not be overcrowded if you wife joins you

PS - its up to you if you want to get an independent company to do a house survey to be used as housing report. It can cost in the region of £150.

Hope this help.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised