ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship one year after EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jsukyn
Newly Registered

British citizenship one year after EEA4

Post by jsukyn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:07 pm

hello, I have a question regarding applying for British citizenship one year after receiving EEA4.

As I have waited one year after being granted indefinite leave to remain, I wonder if I still need to fill page 8 of the AN form on EEA excising treaty right part. Should I tick "Are you a family member of an EEA national?" and fill in the information on what basis I was in the UK for the last 6 years? And do I need to also supply my partner's documents?

I'm applying soly on the fact that I have been living in the UK for more than 6 years and I have been granted indefinite leave to remain for more than a year.

Thanks!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: British citizenship one year after EEA4

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:10 am

jsukyn wrote:hello, I have a question regarding applying for British citizenship one year after receiving EEA4.

As I have waited one year after being granted indefinite leave to remain, I wonder if I still need to fill page 8 of the AN form on EEA excising treaty right part. Should I tick "Are you a family member of an EEA national?" and fill in the information on what basis I was in the UK for the last 6 years? And do I need to also supply my partner's documents?

I'm applying soly on the fact that I have been living in the UK for more than 6 years and I have been granted indefinite leave to remain for more than a year.
Just so you know, your permanent residence actually happened before you submitted the EEA4 application. It happens automatically, often 5 years after you first entered the country.

If you have have PR card, then there is no need to provide your partner's documents. In the form and in an accompanying cover letter, make clear that you have permanent residence in the UK and have had it for more than a year.

kbullet
Newly Registered

Post by kbullet » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: Just so you know, your permanent residence actually happened before you submitted the EEA4 application. It happens automatically, often 5 years after you first entered the country.

If you have have PR card, then there is no need to provide your partner's documents. In the form and in an accompanying cover letter, make clear that you have permanent residence in the UK and have had it for more than a year.
I might be wrong but from my understanding that to not include your EEA national evidence is that is when you are applying 1 year after your PR sticker issued date?
Last edited by kbullet on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 pm

kbullet wrote:I might be wrong but from my understanding that to not include your EEA national evidence is that is when you are applying 1 year after your PR sticker issued date?
You are correct.

See also Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

jsukyn
Newly Registered

Post by jsukyn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Thank you for all the reply.

It's just the AN form and guide are somewhat confusing. They don't seem to distinguish PR and ILR. And on the PR sticker, there is even a document renew date, this type of PR is really uncommon, I've encountered many immigration officers who don't recognise it. So I'm just worried that the staff at the NCS would get confused too.