ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship one year after receiving EEA4

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jsukyn
Newly Registered

British citizenship one year after receiving EEA4

Post by jsukyn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:09 pm

hello, I have a question regarding applying for British citizenship one year after receiving EEA4 (permanent residence as a family member of an EEA national).

As I have waited one year after being granted indefinite leave to remain, I wonder if I still need to fill page 8 of the AN form on EEA excising treaty right part. Should I tick "Are you a family member of an EEA national?" and fill in the information on what basis I was in the UK for the last 6 years? And do I need to provide my partner's documents?

I'm applying soly on the fact that I have been living in the UK for more than 6 years and I have been granted indefinite leave to remain for more than a year.

Thanks!

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf

says:

2.4 – 2.6 If you are a national of a member state of the EEA, or the family member of an EEA national, and do not have indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom you should complete these sections. (my highlighting)

So no, you do not need to complete these sections. The UKBA just needs to sight your passport and your PR vignette, which the NCS should be able to handle so that you don't need to mail them in.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 pm

andrej

Re: British citizenship one year after receiving EEA4

Post by andrej » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:39 pm

jsukyn wrote: As I have waited one year after being granted indefinite leave to remain
I have also waited a year after being granted Permanent Residence - but it is confusing when they only mention ILR and NOT PR even in EEA section of AN form. I find myself reading AN booklet and guide over and over again in the evenings.
jsukyn wrote:I'm applying soly on the fact that I have been living in the UK for more than 6 years and I have been granted indefinite leave to remain for more than a year.
Do you really have ILR or are you calling PR = ILR? Whats bothering me is that the NCS lady I spoke on the phone to asked me if I had ILR. I said "No, I have a PR sticker for 12 months!". She then seemed confused and told me to bring along EEA spouse ID and proof of Exercising Treaty Rights and all that jazz. I still have all that stuff together from EEA3+4 applications but hate the idea. why? Why should I?

jsukyn
Newly Registered

Post by jsukyn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:56 pm

andrej wrote:
jsukyn wrote: As I have waited one year after being granted indefinite leave to remain
I have also waited a year after being granted Permanent Residence - but it is confusing when they only mention ILR and NOT PR even in EEA section of AN form. I find myself reading AN booklet and guide over and over again in the evenings.
jsukyn wrote:I'm applying soly on the fact that I have been living in the UK for more than 6 years and I have been granted indefinite leave to remain for more than a year.
Do you really have ILR or are you calling PR = ILR? Whats bothering me is that the NCS lady I spoke on the phone to asked me if I had ILR. I said "No, I have a PR sticker for 12 months!". She then seemed confused and told me to bring along EEA spouse ID and proof of Exercising Treaty Rights and all that jazz. I still have all that stuff together from EEA3+4 applications but hate the idea. why? Why should I?
yes, I feel the same. They are not very clear about PR or ILR. I also can still provide all the documents from the EEA4 application, but hate to have to do it again. From all the replies, it seems we don't have to provide all those stuff again. I will see what happens at my NCS appoitment. Have you had yours? what happened at your appoitment?

andrej

Post by andrej » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:21 pm

jsukyn wrote: yes, I feel the same. They are not very clear about PR or ILR. I also can still provide all the documents from the EEA4 application, but hate to have to do it again. From all the replies, it seems we don't have to provide all those stuff again. I will see what happens at my NCS appoitment. Have you had yours? what happened at your appoitment?
I know what you mean dude. My appointment is in a weeks time. I shall let you know how it went afterwards. Keep strong!

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 am

If you have waited for 1 year after the date of Issue of PR then you ca leave the section blank. This only needs to be filled in if you have completed 6 years on a FP but have yet to complete 1 year on paper i.e. from the date the PR was issued.

I had a similar situation and the NCS lady didnt ask a thing even when she saw my PR sticker on an A4 piece of paper, and I was prepared for an uphill battle to give her a crash course in the immigration rules

jsukyn wrote:
andrej wrote:
yes, I feel the same. They are not very clear about PR or ILR. I also can still provide all the documents from the EEA4 application, but hate to have to do it again. From all the replies, it seems we don't have to provide all those stuff again. I will see what happens at my NCS appoitment. Have you had yours? what happened at your appoitment?

andrej

Post by andrej » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:31 pm

bobobo wrote:If you have waited for 1 year after the date of Issue of PR then you ca leave the section blank. This only needs to be filled in if you have completed 6 years on a FP but have yet to complete 1 year on paper i.e. from the date the PR was issued.

I had a similar situation and the NCS lady didnt ask a thing even when she saw my PR sticker on an A4 piece of paper, and I was prepared for an uphill battle to give her a crash course in the immigration rules
Good to know bobobo, I hope that face to face meeting will make things clearer and resolve any doubts NCS staff might have had over the phone. Less than a week to go!!!