ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malikscompany

Re: I got reply

Post by malikscompany » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Eastend wrote:
malikscompany wrote:I applied on july 2012 and got confirmation letter about a months later , then got another letter from them asking for 3 proofs of address should be sent within 28 days of recieving the letter , I am sending these proofs tomorrow. I think they are asking 3 prrofs of addresses to many people coz one of my friend was asked same.
I hope I get called for ceremony for dec .

has anyone else recieved letter for 3 proof of address ?? share information here please
Hi When you was asked to submit 3 proof of address. I was asked for the same in June this year.
in September. after submitting did you get any other letter from them ??

malikscompany

Re: I got reply

Post by malikscompany » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Virgo wrote:
malikscompany wrote:I applied on july 2012 and got confirmation letter about a months later , then got another letter from them asking for 3 proofs of address should be sent within 28 days of recieving the letter , I am sending these proofs tomorrow. I think they are asking 3 prrofs of addresses to many people coz one of my friend was asked same.
I hope I get called for ceremony for dec .

has anyone else recieved letter for 3 proof of address ?? share information here please
I applied in june 2012. Got acknowledgment letter with ref number mentioning that my application has been processed successfully to second stage. Since that day i didnot get any letter hope i will get positive response soon enough :)
Goodluck

malikscompany

Post by malikscompany » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:43 pm

maya1 wrote:Hi Guys' Do u know citizenship certificate they give us in oath ceremony is irish or english Language version?
All Irish documents are usually in both languages , so it should be in both too. but language doesnt really make any difference.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:03 pm

[quote="malikscompany"][quote="maya1"]Hi Guys' Do u know citizenship certificate they give us in oath ceremony is irish or english Language version?[/quote]

All Irish documents are usually in both languages , so it should be in both too. but language doesnt really make any difference.[/quote] its only in irish.i got mine in few months ago its only issue in irish language

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:49 pm

has anyone received invite for the next ceremony?

maya1
Newly Registered

Post by maya1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Anyone who receive naturalization certificate can u please tell me certificate in english or irish language.

shenana
BANNED

Post by shenana » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:18 pm

minniepoe wrote:has anyone received invite for the next ceremony?
No I haven't had or seen any as yet.

But please I am new here, I have applied since november 2010, my wife applied july 2011 and received her Con last august 2012.

Recently I sent my VAT correnspondence for my business from revenue office to the my case worker, and two weeks later I sent another correspndence for tax clearance certicat.e

But funny enough I received a letter of reciept for the tax clearance correspondence from innitial processing that they have received but no letter came for original VAT filling corresponwdence from them. And I think I have always been treated differently in their immigration department anyway.

Please what game did anyone think they,re playing after 23 month ?

Any suggestion will be helpful thanks.
Last edited by shenana on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

math.PI
Newly Registered

Post by math.PI » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:35 pm

maya1 wrote:Anyone who receive naturalization certificate can u please tell me certificate in english or irish language.
Fully in Irish.

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:04 am

Hi Guys ,

One of my friend got approval today applied in mid 2009 on basis of 5 year residency he is from pakistan .
Good luck to all of us who are still waiting . :)

seraph

Post by seraph » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 am

Amazing! How he got the letter in night time? Anyway thanks for your info and best of Luck to everybody those who are awaiting invitation.

reverse_blade93
Newly Registered

Post by reverse_blade93 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:01 am

Not sure if this is the right forum, but just heads up, they have a new application form - Oct 2012 version. check it out.

They have a new rule on dependent minors on page 1 of the instruction page.

"Dependant minors, who entered the State with their parent(s) as part of a family unit are deemed to be covered by their parent’s permission for the purposes of this application while attending secondary school and may continue to be covered up to age 23 where they have been continuously dependent on their parents and have continued from secondary school in the State directly into third level education."

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... 202012.pdf

reverse_blade93
Newly Registered

Post by reverse_blade93 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:02 am

Not sure if this is the right forum, but just heads up, they have a new application form - Oct 2012 version. check it out.

They have a new rule on dependent minors on page 1 of the instruction page.

"Dependant minors, who entered the State with their parent(s) as part of a family unit are deemed to be covered by their parent’s permission for the purposes of this application while attending secondary school and may continue to be covered up to age 23 where they have been continuously dependent on their parents and have continued from secondary school in the State directly into third level education."

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... 202012.pdf

zora123
Newly Registered

Post by zora123 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Guys. The support on this site is just amazing. Thank you so much. Just wanted to let you know my daughter just received letter of naturalisation for Dec 13 ceremony.

Applied June 2011 based on having arrived in the State as a family unit and being a dependant minor of a work authorisation holder. Old form had that section in for over 18 to 23. Small print. Chaffed to bits. Been here 10 years.

Good luck to all those waiting. For those in a similar situation as my daughter having arrived as a minor and now over 18. There is hope. All the best.

maya1
Newly Registered

Post by maya1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 am

Hi,Any one receive 13dec ceremony invitation, i m waiting :?

seraph

Post by seraph » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 am

Just wanted to let you know my daughter just received letter of naturalisation for Dec 13 ceremony.

Applied March 2012 based on having arrived in the State as a family unit and being a dependant minor of a work authorisation holder. She arrived as a minor and now over 18. God luck to all those waiting.

mhmh
Newly Registered

Post by mhmh » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:56 am

i've just knew that many who have applied in 2010 have recieved their invitian letter today and just 1000 will attend the cermony

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:26 am

mhmh wrote:
i've just knew that many who have applied in 2010 have recieved their invitian letter today and just 1000 will attend the cermony
Finally, my wife 10/2010 received invitation letter today
She applied based on Stamp3 5 years residency and changed it to Irish spouse on 09/2011
She was asked 2 weeks ago for 3 preuves of join address
best of luck for all of you

baileathakowal
Newly Registered

Post by baileathakowal » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Good news today. I just get invitation for Dec 13 ceremony. Aplied on August 2011 and aknwt letter on September 2011 - based on 5 years residency (EU member). Good luck to everybody!!!

shenana
BANNED

Post by shenana » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 pm

ks2010 wrote:
mhmh wrote:
Finally, my wife 10/2010 received invitation letter today
She applied based on Stamp3 5 years residency and changed it to Irish spouse on 09/2011
She was asked 2 weeks ago for 3 preuves of join address
best of luck for all of you
Congratulations to you, please if you don't get assessed on 5 years you get assessed on the basis of 3 years reckonable residency for spouse of irish with affidavit is that correct ?

All of us waiting for over 2 years God will help us all, goodluck :D
Last edited by shenana on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm

mhmh wrote:
How did you know only a 1000 will be attending the December ceremony? I am yet to receive mine and i applied in 07/2010.....

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 pm

ks2010 wrote:
Ben wrote:
ks2010 wrote:
Ben wrote:
Passport Express (via the Post Office) is the cheapest and fastest method at 10 working days.
up to 4 weeks for first passport application using Passport Express
Thanks, but I can't seem to find where it says that. Would you have a link by any chance?
passport.ie check PASSPORT APPLICATION TURNAROUND TIMES
It said 10 days but for first time application you need more my experience, some friends and my daughters it was 3 to 4 weeks
Just to not waste few days more, call them before submitting your application to get the right documents like Orginal CON, orginal Full birth certicate and the translation, 2 orginal preuves of addresses..
My wife and I received our Certificates of Naturalisation at the ceremony on 15/10.

We applied for our passports on the same date via Passport Express. The applications were received by the Passport Office on 16/10 and due to issue on 30/10 (10 working days later - the service purchased).

The passports actually issued on 23/10 (after just 5 working days) and received by us today, 24/10.

So, the 10 working day An Post Passport Express service actually worked twice as fast. Outstanding service and also the cheapest way of getting an Irish passport.

Perhaps your friend who was waiting four weeks didn't provide the correct documents?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

mhmh
Newly Registered

Post by mhmh » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

minniepoe wrote:
mhmh wrote:
How did you know only a 1000 will be attending the December ceremony? I am yet to receive mine and i applied in 07/2010.....[/quo

i've heard many people saying that.. may be they told them in the invitation letter
Last edited by mhmh on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baileathakowal
Newly Registered

Post by baileathakowal » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

minniepoe wrote:
mhmh wrote:
How did you know only a 1000 will be attending the December ceremony? I am yet to receive mine and i applied in 07/2010.....
From an invitation they send today: "You may bring one guest with you on the day. As 1000 candidates will be participating in the ceremony...."

But, I don't know if thats the total for a day or for that particular time I'm invited.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:31 pm

baileathakowal wrote:From an invitation they send today: "You may bring one guest with you on the day. As 1000 candidates will be participating in the ceremony...."

But, I don't know if thats the total for a day or for that particular time I'm invited.
It said the same on my letter (15/10 ceremony). At the ceremony, I recall Alan Shatter stating that *I think* 2500 people were receiving their CoN that day. So I'd guess it's roughly 1000 (or less) people per time slot, three per day.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 pm

iloveireland wrote:I talked to someone in Citizenship section yesterday and was told that I will get the decision in 2-3 weeks.
So I believe they will send out the invitation letter for Dec in 2-3 weeks. This doesn't mean I will get the positive reply though as I had some court fines which they asked me to submit the receipt for few weeks back.
Lets see and I will keep you posted.
By the way I have applied in July 2011 on the basis of 5 years residency (was 7 years in my case)
Thanks
iloveireland any news yet? irishtobe, any news yet? CitationCj2 any news yet? I am still waiting as well.. fingers crossed maybe we shall get ours this week or next week. been waiting 2 years 3 months now