ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raju2310
Newly Registered

Cohabitation Documents

Post by raju2310 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi All,

I am due to apply for my ILR in jan 2013 and have a question regarding the cohabitation documents.

Timeline ;

Wife came into the UK as HSMP Dependant in 2010 June.
She went back to India in May 2010 to have the baby in India and returned in April 2011.

Now i do not have cohabitation documents from May 2010 till april 2011.

Called up the UKBA helpline and they say that the stay in teh UK has to be continous.... which is absurd

Can anyone with similar experience shed some light on this...

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello Raju,

The last time I spoke with the UKBA officer @ Croydon he has confirmed that the spouse needs to be with you for 2 years there isn't condition of 2 consecutive years.

You said your wife came to the UK in June 2010 and went back in May 2010 ... Can you please re-check this ?

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 am

This might help. 319E(d) is the key. I would take a print out of this particular clause while applying for ILR as I recall some other member had to challenge the CW in Croydon PEO on this.

raju2310
Newly Registered

Post by raju2310 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:13 pm

pied_piper wrote:This might help. 319E(d) is the key. I would take a print out of this particular clause while applying for ILR as I recall some other member had to challenge the CW in Croydon PEO on this.
pied_piper apologies mate... i had not seen the answer here.

@man4uni my mistake, what i meant is that she came to the UK in June 2008, well thanks for the answers guys.

I will call up the home office again and explain the point mentioned by man4uni and pied_piper.

Cheers Guys....