ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

project1one1
BANNED

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa

Post by project1one1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi all,

I need your expert advice please help me.I describe my case as below:

I got my HSMP visa on 06-December-2007.
It was granted for two years intially. So i got it stamped on passport as below:

Valide from: 06-12-2007
Valid till : 05-12-2009

Then i applied for the exension under Tier 1 General and it was approved for three years as stamped in passport below:

Valid from: 24-12-2009
Valid till : 24-12-2012

My wife joined me as Tier 1 general dependent on 09-June-2012 in UK.She got visa as dependent on 05-04-2012.But she entered in uk on 09th June 2012.She got visa till 24-12-2012. My one and half years old daughter also got the same period visa as my wife.

My question is

I am going to apply for ILR in person.After getting my ILR what will the status of my wife and daughter.
can they apply for ILR as well with the main applicant.

If not then should i post their application as spouse visa of settled person . ? then what about my daughter visa.

So confused..Please guide which is the best way

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

project1one1
BANNED

Post by project1one1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.I went through that link details.But I am confused about the follwoing points.

" before his/her current leave expires, to extend his/her PBS dependant leave until such time that he/she becomes eligible for settlement (319C and 319D). Though switching to FLR(M) leave remains an option but extending PBS dependant leave is simpler. (e.g. - only maintenance funds to be shown). "

So lets suppose i choose to extend her PBS dependent leave.Then what Form should i fill to apply (FLR(M) or is there any other) because you say there is other option as well to switch to FLR (M).But i did not find any form for PBS dependant extension.

2:Does she need to pass English test for getting the extension.like B1 level.

Please clear my confusions,i will be so thanks full to you

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Follow the links provided in the topic.

project1one1
BANNED

Post by project1one1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Follow the links provided in the topic.
Dear Sushdmehta,

I checked those links and also the section "Dependents of Tier 1, 2 and 5 migrants of the points-based system - for applications made inside the UK - Application Form.

But in the application form i did not find anywhere like if your partner has ILR option.It always say main applicant has got the PBS leave.

So please clarify which form should i choose to extend the PBS dependant leave while having ILR(main applicant)

2:Please could you also elaborate that ,can my daughter apply for ILR with me as dependent as she is under 18.

i read the document in the link and confused by the following point:

(b) The applicant must be the child of a parent in one of the circumstances specified in (i) or (ii) below:

(i) if the applicant was granted leave as the child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant under rules in place prior to 9 July 2012 the applicant must be the child of a parent who is, at the same time, being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Points Based System Migrant; "
"

it says above applicant was granted leave instead of entry clearance.So it mean is it for the extension applicant..and what is mean by "at the same time granted"

please guide me as per my situation above,can my daughter will get ILR with me as dependent on my application for ILR in Dec 2012.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 am

project1one1 wrote:But in the application form i did not find anywhere like if your partner has ILR option.It always say main applicant has got the PBS leave.
Reading the first paragraph of this post should help.
project1one1 wrote:can my daughter will get ILR with me as dependent on my application for ILR in Dec 2012.
Yes.

project1one1
BANNED

Post by project1one1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
project1one1 wrote:But in the application form i did not find anywhere like if your partner has ILR option.It always say main applicant has got the PBS leave.
project1one1 wrote:can my daughter will get ILR with me as dependent on my application for ILR in Dec 2012.
Yes.
Thanks a lot for your replies.Just few more points which i want to double check with you before i go for applying.

1:I will use form SET(O) with one Dependent (My Daughter) ?

2:While booking PEO appointment, i will choose SET(O) option with 1 Dependent as for my daughter. ?

3: My daughter will be eligible for ILR just because of the following point that i am applying ILR at the same time as with my daughter.It does not matter either i have the sole responsibility for the applicant's or not. Because just fulfilled the first condition in (i)

(b) The applicant must be the child of a parent in one of the circumstances specified in (i) or (ii) below:

(i) if the applicant was granted leave as the child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant under rules in place prior to 9 July 2012 the applicant must be the child of a parent who is, at the same time, being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Points Based System Migrant;

Please Do clarify the above point in case if they don't accept the application for my daughter then i can convince them with the above point.

Thanks a lot !

project1one1
BANNED

Post by project1one1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:50 pm

project1one1 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
Yes.
Thanks a lot for your replies.Just few more points which i want to double check with you before i go for applying.

1:I will use form SET(O) with one Dependent (My Daughter) ?

2:While booking PEO appointment, i will choose SET(O) option with 1 Dependent as for my daughter. ?

3: My daughter will be eligible for ILR just because of the following point that i am applying ILR at the same time as with my daughter.It does not matter either i have the sole responsibility for the applicant's or not. Because just fulfilled the first condition in (i)

(i) if the applicant was granted leave as the child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant under rules in place prior to 9 July 2012 the applicant must be the child of a parent who is, at the same time, being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Points Based System Migrant;

Please Do clarify the above point in case if they don't accept the application for my daughter then i can convince them with the above point.

Thanks a lot !
Any one there ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:53 am

1. Read the SET(O) form.
2. Yes.
3. "Leave" can mean both leave to enter / entry clearance and leave to remain.

project1one1
BANNED

Post by project1one1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Read the SET(O) form.
2. Yes.
3. "Leave" can mean both leave to enter / entry clearance and leave to remain.
Thanks sushdmehta. You have been so supportive.I have got almost answered for all my queries now.

This forum is brilliant.