ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Earnings and age query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukindian1
BANNED

Tier 1 (General) Earnings and age query

Post by ukindian1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi
I am currently outside of UK and my Tier 1 is expiring in 2 months. I wish to enter UK and extend it. However I haven't earned anything in UK till now and one of our friends replied its ok if I can show entire earnings from outside without uplift.

However, I am falling short of the earnings through my salary a bit by 1500 GBP.

1. What other sources of earnings can I show to add this deficit.
2. Can I show interest accrued in the banks through Fixed deposits and my savings accounts due to my balance in the banks during this evaluation period

Also, When I applied for Tier 1, as of the date of application, my age was 34 giving me 10 points. But I had to request for return of passport due to emergency travel to India after 4 weeks within which they didnt get back and I had to re-submit my passport. During this time, my age crossed to 35. Would they consider my age as 34 or 35 as per the date of application because I could lose 5 points if they consider 35.

Please advise.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 pm

1. Para 101 of the policy guidance.
2. No

Additionally, you will score no points for UK experience.

ukindian1
BANNED

Post by ukindian1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks for quick reply.

And, any idea about the age query please. Also, generally will there be any issue in entry since I am entering towards the end of my visa. I was told earlier that there wont be. But any specific advise on what kind of questions would be asked and how to face.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:41 pm

If you did not submit another application, your age will be fixed at the time of the one and only application.

The reasons for your return that you have stated on this forum are sufficient to give in response to any questions by the UKBA admitting officer, so stick to that.

ukindian1
BANNED

Post by ukindian1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Thank you.

And, is it advisable to go with the consultants or personally for extension. Any specific advantages going with them

Cheers

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:03 pm

If you know what you are doing, it's simple to apply oneself. Otherwise, getting professional help take take away the anxiety. If you were self-employed while outside the UK, I would imagine your biggest concerns are better suited to an accountant rather than an immigration advisor.

ukindian1
BANNED

Post by ukindian1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Ok. Many thanks. I now have better clarity. Will update on my progress if that can help someone.

Cheers