ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstaying - Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Overstaying - Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:57 am

Continuing this from an earlier thread, hoping to get a bit more exposure on this and get a quicker answer if possible http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 727#725727

I was just told that i could overstay upto 28 days??!

Here are my details. My current visa expires Saturday 27th October.

My company applied for sponsorship end of June, and couple of weeks ago we requested for urgent treatment. They responded, with a refusal. Because we didn't send one of the documents certified. Usually no one can appeal, but we called them and convinced them to have a look, and they asked to resend the document which we did send on Monday (22nd Oct).

Not sure how long they will take. So i have booked a flight for this friday the 26th Oct. If i leave though, and apply from home my company will have to try and get a restricted CoS which can take a very long time. So, according to the thread mentioned above could I overstay and still apply?

Thanks,

H.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Overstaying - Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:00 pm

hashmil wrote:Continuing this from an earlier thread,
Yes, please do so! It will have relevant information that does not have to be repeated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:48 pm

If you overstay for more than 28 days then it may affect entry clearance application(s) in the future. Overstaying for less than 28 days is, currently, fine though never recommended.

You'll need to mention your overstay (even if less than 28 days) in any immigration application that may ask for such information.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:58 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If you overstay for more than 28 days then it may affect entry clearance application(s) in the future. Overstaying for less than 28 days is, currently, fine though never recommended.

You'll need to mention your overstay (even if less than 28 days) in any immigration application that may ask for such information.
Brilliant, exactly what i wanted to know. thanks! :)