ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Parent(s) age of 65 or above entitled for ILR?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muhammad.khan7
Newly Registered

Is Parent(s) age of 65 or above entitled for ILR?

Post by muhammad.khan7 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 am

More info:

My mother is living back home (Pakistan) living alone.
Father died in 2011.
She was in UK in 2012 as family visitor and later went back.
She has her mother side family members in Pakistan who visit each other on weekly basis, but more or less she lives alone at home.
She can cook, wash, and wear cloths herself.
I am settled (ILR) in UK and sponsor of my mother.

So what do I need to proof on this criteria? Is this applicable on her when she is 65 of age already? (shown below)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf
Page: 61

“The applicant must be living in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances”

Another article states this.
http://mighealth.net/uk/index.php/Coming_to_Settle

Home Office guidance establishes that elderly parents and grandparents in this category should be granted ILR without detailed enquiry where a reliable undertaking of support has been given by the settled child.

Please confirm if anything else is needed?
Thank you, all

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:57 am

read

link removed following update below
Last edited by wpilr_nov12 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

muhammad.khan7
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad.khan7 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:29 am

Thank you, wpilr_nov12

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:50 am

The previous post is linked to completely outdated information. Here is the information that relates to your circumstances.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/

muhammad.khan7
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad.khan7 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Thank you, Lucapooka.

Well, thanks for the correction. I think i would have gone through this link already, but the problem (as you can see) that loads of info is available on UKBA website which is contradicting each other. Ok fair enogh, as UKBA makes the rules.

However, my concern is that:

If my mother who is not physically ill, but i still want to bring her (as she is alone) and bear all costs in the next 5 years, what should i do to proof...?

I hope you get my concern. Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:56 pm

See E-ECDR.2.4. and 122.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm

muhammad.khan7 wrote:If my mother who is not physically ill, but i still want to bring her (as she is alone) and bear all costs in the next 5 years, what should i do to proof...?
You can't, and even if she were ill, if the palliative care is available in her country, you would be expected to pay for a local nurse to provide this rather than have her go to the UK.

muhammad.khan7
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad.khan7 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks, sushdmehta.

Ok, please correct me if i overlooked something.
So if i need to bring my mother (who can manage herself), than i have to proof this requirement..

"long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks", and..

"it the care is not available and there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it, or because it is not affordable there."

Correct?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Yes. But as home help and nurses are cheap and in plentiful supply in the undeveloped world, it's fair to assume that you have very little chance of meeting the requirements.

muhammad.khan7
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad.khan7 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Thank you everyone for your input.
I think from the discussion, i got a clue (reading between the lines) what i should be doing.

Cheers.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Please elaborate on what you may be imagining. I've not hidden any tips in my responses I would rather you said what you think is the solution, for your own best interests. If you apply and are refused (and it will be refused based on the circumstances you have thus described) your parent will not be granted a visit visa.

muhammad.khan7
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad.khan7 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:53 am

Lucapooka wrote:Please elaborate on what you may be imagining. I've not hidden any tips in my responses I would rather you said what you think is the solution, for your own best interests. If you apply and are refused (and it will be refused based on the circumstances you have thus described) your parent will not be granted a visit visa.
Hi All

Sorry for the delayed respose.
Ok, here's what i think to support my mum (ILR) application.

My father died in 2011. And main reason behind was that the doctors did not carefully analysed the medical results/reports and cause of the illness for years remained un-identified. I will support this point/factor that i don't want my mum to be medically examined (due to her age 65) locally but i would like to provide medical supprt (on my expense) here in UK and not from Pakistan due to the experience learnt from my father death.

In UK she will be living with me where she can get personal support from me and my family. Which is again not possible back home.

Plus, i would say that as she is alone that causing mental stress to her (backing up with medical evidence) and by human and financial grounds, if i sign sponsorship undertaking that i will be liable for all her expenses for the first 5 years, i don't think the visa officer should have any issues with that. She is alone backhome and i think its time to bring her here to spend her life with us.

Will that be helpfull to support my application? This is all i can do to support her application and with age of 65, its normal for a person needing personal care on daily basis.

Does my appilcation will make weight in securing ILR for mum?
Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 am

I don't think it's for you to say what is appropriate medical treatment. That would have to be done by a doctor. There are adequate hospitals and medical services in Pakistan and unless a particular treatment is not available, the application will fail. Of course the treatment in the UK may be of better quality, but if the treatment available in PK does the same job, it should not matter. A London taxi is perhaps much better than a PK taxi, but both take you to where you want to go.

People grow old and get ill, and may need looking after by their family, but perhaps you should have considered this before you decided to leave PK and settle in another country. That's not my view; it's the view of the UK as defined it its immigration policy. Fortunately, you are in an excellent position to pay for her care from your situation in the UK, rather than having to return to administer it yourself.

I'm giving you my hard-faced opinion as that is what the UKBA will also apply. Please seek particular immigration advice from a reliable professional on this important matter.