ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Europe (Czech republic via Frankfurt or Zurich)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juanitajv
Newly Registered

Post by juanitajv » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Sorry 'jip' is slang for 'yes'...
Yes indeed I hold a Residence Card as Family Member and an EEA National.

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Post by ATAPCP » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:32 pm

juanitajv,
Your case is very different from mine.
I do not have "Residence Card as Family Member and an EEA National"
I am civil partner of British Citizen with discretionary leave to remain here.
So lot of EEA countries have different rules for my situation.
I have to say Czech republic is the most generous.
Rest is to be seen.
It is better to get the visa in my case I think if I am travelling indirect.

In your case you would need a visa from the country where you staying the longest. But since you have the Residence Card as Family Member and an EEA National I do not think you need a visa at all.

But that is whole different topic.

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Post by ATAPCP » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:46 am

Right!!! Some update,,,
I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I will contact BMIBABY, however there was no information on website in regards to people who have yet to book tickets to contact them (they charge a huge amount for issuing letters).

Anyway, I thought what's the harm and is worth a try at least. So I wrote to them 2 weeks ago explaining my situation that I am BC and my partner in Indian with leave to remain etc. Asking if we do book ticket we need to make sure bmibaby will not deny us boarding.

Today I have received a reply from them (written- letter) that they will accept us for boarding and all they ask is for us to bring civil partnership certificate, which may be needed in Prague for Visa on arrival.

So we are going to fly direct to Prague on bmibaby and will take with us (not all of them are needed but):-
1. The EU directive which says if the nonEU national travels to country without visa...... before turning away.....
2. My and my partner's passport
3. Bank account statement (joint)
4. EHIC card for both of us
5. Civil Partnership certificate
6. Travel insurance (maybe)
7. Itinerary flight (return) and hotel accommodation
8. Employment proof (maybe)
9. Emails from Czech embassy
10. Printout from the Czech embassy website
11. My UK Biometric residence permit - which shows Leave to Remain till 2016 and Home Office letter

ATADP
Newly Registered
India

CZECH EMBASSY London ??

Post by ATADP » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 am

After much deliberation we have decided to go for the schengen visa first.

As BMI does not fly from Birmingham any more therefore we had a choice either to fly from London to Prague direct or go from Birmingham. We opted for latter.

Just to confirm we are in civil partnership (British Citizen and Indian PP holder with Limited leave to remain) and my partner does not have EEA family stamped on passport. Just Biometric card.

Anyway my query is does anyone has had recent experience with Czech embassy in London? In regards to getting the Schengen Visa based on spouse of British citizen? We are flying from Birmingham to Prague through Frankfurt.

Specific questions:-

Documents required at Czech embassy (just want to make sure)?
Queues at Czech embassy?
Multiple or single entry visa?
Any costs involved?

jah79

Post by jah79 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:31 pm

ATAPCP wrote:
Family members of EU citizens, who have a permanent or temporary residence permit in the UK

15.03.2011 / 14:00

Visa free travel for family members of EU citizens - holders of permanent or temporary residence permit in the UK.

A family member of an EU citizen is allowed to stay in the Czech Republic up to 90 days without a visa if she/he holds a temporary or permanent residence permit in the United Kingdom.

Who is considered to be a family member of an EU citizen:

a) a spouse,

b) a parent - in the case of an EU citizen under 21 years of age and who is being taken care of by such parent and with whom he/she lives in a common household,

c) a child under 21 years of age or such a child of an EU citizen's spouse,

d) a direct dependent relative in the ascending or descending family line or such relative of an EU citizen's spouse (students only up to 26 years).

The visa free access will be applied by the Czech alien police in a comparable manner to aliens who can credibly prove that they are in a family relationship with an EU citizen that is not specified above if:
a) they live in a common household with an EU citizen, or
b) they are financially supported by an EU citizen, or
c) they cannot care for themselves without the personal care provided by an EU citizen due to a chronic adverse health condition.

The visa free access will be applied by the Czech alien police in a comparable manner also to aliens who can credibly prove that they are in a permanent relationship with an EU citizen that is comparable to a family relationship and that they share a common household.

Entry to the territory of the Czech Republic

The status of a family member of an EU citizen is checked by the Alien Police at the border. Therefore it is necessary to submit:

1) temporary or permanent residence permit in the United Kingdom,

2) a proof of the relationship with an EU citizen (e.g. original birth, marriage or civil partnership certificate – written in an EU language or with a translation),

3) a proof of the citizenship of your EU partner (e.g. ID or passport – copy or original).

The visa free rule applies even if travelling to the Czech Republic without the attendance of an EU citizen.
I am a South African national with permanent residence in the UK and living with my Czech partner and our 2 month old daughter who has a British passport.

After reading the guidelines regarding visa-free travel to the Czech Republic for family members of EU citizens, does this mean I can travel visa-free as our daughter's parent and just produce the birth certificate at the airport in Czech?

Cheers

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Post by ATAPCP » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 pm

As per guidance given to me by Czech embassy yes that is the case I would say. But remember you can only travel direct to Czech republic for that and cannot go through another country in schengen as that would require you to have airport transit visa and believe me there are very few airlines flying direct.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:23 pm

jah79 wrote:I am a South African national with [EU LAW] permanent residence in the UK and living with my Czech partner and our 2 month old daughter who has a British passport.

After reading the guidelines regarding visa-free travel to the Czech Republic for family members of EU citizens, does this mean I can travel visa-free as our daughter's parent and just produce the birth certificate at the airport in Czech?
ATAPCP wrote:As per guidance given to me by Czech embassy yes that is the case I would say. But remember you can only travel direct to Czech republic for that and cannot go through another country in schengen as that would require you to have airport transit visa and believe me there are very few airlines flying direct.
jah79

You should (in theory) be able to enter on the basis of your own PR card. Any EU member state!

You should also (likely) be able to enter on the basis of accompanying the minor EU citizen. Somebody I know got a free Schengen visa from the German embassy on this basis, and also got a free Irish visa on this basis. The legal argument is that your child has a full right of free movement, but that can only be achieved if you are accompanying them.

As pointed out, be sure to carry the birth certificate and show it and the two passports to everyone. And if border guard refuses, politely write down their name and exactly what they said, and ask them to call over their supervisor. Read through http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

jah79

Post by jah79 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:28 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
jah79 wrote:I am a South African national with [EU LAW] permanent residence in the UK and living with my Czech partner and our 2 month old daughter who has a British passport.

ATAPCP wrote:As per guidance given to me by Czech embassy yes that is the case I would say. But remember you can only travel direct to Czech republic for that and cannot go through another country in schengen as that would require you to have airport transit visa and believe me there are very few airlines flying direct.
jah79

You should (in theory) be able to enter on the basis of your own PR card. Any EU member state!

You should also (likely) be able to enter on the basis of accompanying the minor EU citizen. Somebody I know got a free Schengen visa from the German embassy on this basis, and also got a free Irish visa on this basis. The legal argument is that your child has a full right of free movement, but that can only be achieved if you are accompanying them.

As pointed out, be sure to carry the birth certificate and show it and the two passports to everyone. And if border guard refuses, politely write down their name and exactly what they said, and ask them to call over their supervisor. Read through http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/
Thanks guys! I don't have an EEA family member PR card though, just a standard indefinite leave to remain visa in my passport. I am worried that our Christmas holiday might be thrown into disarray if the border police are having a bad day but I really don't want to go through the hassle of taking a day off work, getting hold of all the documentation and paying £50 again for a Schengen.

And yes I will only be in the Czech Republic for the duration of the holiday so I'm thinking it should be fine. Will still ask the Czech embassy and maybe print their email reply out and ask them to type it in Czech as well.