ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not meeting the Expected points for ILR?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chemistry

Not meeting the Expected points for ILR?

Post by Chemistry » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Dear Seniors and Experienced,

What are the options available for the not meeting the expected points for ILR.
Last edited by Chemistry on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:48 pm

what do you mean? do you not meeting minimum salary criteria or are you referring to the salary points you claimed in previous application?

Chemistry

Post by Chemistry » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:05 pm

innocentdevil wrote:what do you mean? do you not meeting minimum salary criteria or are you referring to the salary points you claimed in previous application?
Meaning not meeting the points needed for the ILR
Last edited by Chemistry on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Options:
1. Switch to another qualifying category that you may qualify under.
2. In absence of above, start planning about leaving UK for good at the end of current leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Chemistry

Post by Chemistry » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Options:
1. Switch to another qualifying category that you may qualify under.
2. In absence of above, start planning about leaving UK for good at the end of current leave.
2. You mean even after completing the 5 years legally?

Kind regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 am

Well, if you cannot apply for ILR or extension because you do not qualify and you cannot switch to another suitable category, what else do you expect?

I don't think UKBA ever promised anyone anything in return as an entitlement for "completing 5 years in the UK legally".

Chemistry

Post by Chemistry » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 am

sushdmehta wrote:Well, if you cannot apply for ILR or extension because you do not qualify and you cannot switch to another suitable category, what else do you expect?

I don't think UKBA ever promised anyone anything in return as an entitlement for "completing 5 years in the UK legally".
Thank you very much.

reachren
Newly Registered

Post by reachren » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 am

Hi Chemistry,

I have seen your posts before where u told that you were applying for ILR via 10 year route .Now your query sounds to me for 5 year Tier1 route. The requirements are different for both .
I think you need to make up your mind which route you plan to apply before posting any questions/ or the questions should be more clear.
This helps you /moderators and others viewing.

Chemistry

Post by Chemistry » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:19 am

reachren wrote:Hi Chemistry,

I have seen your posts before where u told that you were applying for ILR via 10 year route .Now your query sounds to me for 5 year Tier1 route. The requirements are different for both .
I think you need to make up your mind which route you plan to apply before posting any questions/ or the questions should be more clear.
This helps you /moderators and others viewing.
Please don't be angry. I was to submit my 10 years ILR yesterday through post with the view of applying for my wife and children with FLR (M). But discovered just as I was about going to the post office to send it that I need to meet the new financial requirements for me to get FLR for my dependants. And I am short of what to have.

That affects the whole plan and don't know what to do. I hope you understand my point. I am not in anyway trying to confuse anyone. I have been in the country 5 years as a students and 5 years tier 1 general. And my wife will be nine years this December, and have been my on my dependant since then.

This new post is just to see from people who are far experience than me on this forum if there is any other options.

Kind regards

reachren
Newly Registered

Post by reachren » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:17 am

If you are applying on 5years Tier1 route u should still have to have the necessary points , else if you are applying via 10 years route u dont.

Experienced members can comment regarding the dependants requirements and how/when to apply, if you mention which route you plan to apply.
Make sure you mention all the necessary details( including current visa expiry dates) when you post your question, to get the right answer.

Please post your experience once you get you ILR. Good Luck.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:23 am

I think this discussion has run its course. The OP has existing topic(s) relevant to his other queries.