ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry / Exit visa for British passport applicant in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neo4403
Newly Registered

Post by neo4403 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 am

This forum has helped me so far to get the required done for my baby born in India. So Thanks for all who helped..

Not sure if this helps anyone..
As per Raghu's info I have done exactly the same and they issued the PP in 3 months which was good news. But as you know there is a lot of documentation to submit so make sure its listed and them confirming the receipt.

Now the only thing remaining is exit visa (this is what local FRRO are saying to my wife) and OCI (local FRRO said she cant apply for OCI in India). I am still trying to call them and get the info but none of the offices are helping with any details. Anyone experienced this recenty??

Thanks

Kaz

raghu2627
Newly Registered

Post by raghu2627 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 pm

As far as I know you need to apply entry visa, not exist visa for the baby. Once you have the entry visa for the baby which is valid for 1 year from the date of birth of the baby, you can either apply OCI in India before the expiry of the entry visa and continue to stay in India after grant of OCI.

Or travel to Uk with the baby once you get the entry visa for the baby and then apply OCI from UK.

Procedure for applying entry visa is to apply in person in MHA in New Delhi. This is a 1 day job and in the evening you will be given a sealed cover addressed to local FRRO where the Baby is living in India. You need to submit this sealed cover in the addressed FRRO and they will issue the entry visa for the baby.

I did the same thing for my baby i.e. applied entry for the baby in India and came back to UK and then applied OCI from UK.

Regards
Raghu