ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:52 am

Quite unfortunate particularly since we cannot do anything at all.

Bash

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: What Happens after 6 months

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:21 pm

coolbawa wrote:I being senior most so far in waiting as little more than 7 months now and no reply from UKBA at all, they are just useless over the contact centre as they are just there for telling people the same which they already know - TO WAIT....
this is really no good we have to do some thing. its being pain not only to me but my family also. i'm waiting for that bloody 6 months to start complaining and give them pain.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 pm

roxy1983, with reference to your recent post - which has ben removed - Have you sought permission from the named person to post his official email address on a public forum?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Dear sushdmehta, Apologise as its copy-paste error and e-mail address shouldnt be intended to post..

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 pm

sushdmehta ,

You are quite senior. what you suggest for the people waiting for months now even they have passed 6 months periods what to do ??

roxy1983 please write what did you posted which was removed? any thing related ????

jagacharaja

SET (O), Limited Company

Post by jagacharaja » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:40 am

Below is my experience of having applied for ILR at PEO Croydon.

Details about my app:
- Category: SET (O) - HSMP/ Tier 1 (General) (2 + 3), operating through a limited company
- Life in the UK Pass certificate - included. Note that I took this test more than a year out just to get it out of the way. Benefits included paying roughly £20 less for the test.
- Previous Earnings Assessment – I chose the same assessment period that coincided with that of the financial year of my limited company. Documents included:
- Company incorporation certificate (+ a copy)
- Letter from Accountant confirming my salary and dividends
- Original personal bank statements showing the salary and dividend deposits (+ a copy of the relevant page of the bank statements along with the specific entry marked with pencil on each page. I found this came in quite handy on the day for the officer dealing with my case.)
- Original business bank statements confirming that salary and dividends have been paid
- Invoices issued to clients for the assessment period
- VAT registration certificate
- Latest P60 (+ a copy)

Inspite of all of the evidence above I didn’t get a decision on the day. Because I was operating through a limited company she wanted me to
i) Contact HMRC for a written evidence that I am paying “Class 2 National Insurance Contributions”. --- For this I contacted HMRC helpline wherein they confirmed that I am not self-employed as far as HMRC are concerned and hence Class 2 NI contributions are not applicable to me. Since I wanted this in writing they referred me to another department. I had to put my request in writing in order for them to respond. I must say it was a pleasure dealing with HMRC throughout this process. Not only was their phone helpline staff extremely helpful, they also responded to my written request promptly in one week – which I was highly impressed by.) Note that the UKBA officer was realistic in her expectations and had advised me that she is not expecting HMRC to get back to me within 14 days, so as long as I can prove that I have contacted HMRC (along with any confirmation my Accountant can provide) that should suffice. So I scanned the letter I sent to HMRC and the payment receipt with tracking number for proof of contact. Additionally I had my Accountant confirm the same in a letter.
ii) Prove that I am paying tax on my dividends. --- For this my Accountant provided a copy of my latest tax return.

Upon gathering this additional evidence I then sent it off to the address I was given (needed to be done within 14 days of the PEO appointment date) via recorded delivery. During this time they kept my application, supporting evidence and yes, the passport as well. Two days after I sent in the additional evidence I received a call informing me that my application has been approved and gave me a choice whether I want to collect my documents in person. I chose for them to be delivered via recorded delivery.

I was a bit disappointed to not get a decision on the same day, and even more so when they kept my passport with them (kinda kills the whole point of the in-person appointment) – but at the same time impressed with the turnaround time once the additional evidence was submitted. All in all, worth it.

Hope this comes in handy for someone in the future. Overall I thought the process was quite simple, but was complicated due to the fact that I operate through a limited company.

To summarise my timeline:

- PEO Appointment Date: 26th Sep
- Additional evidence sent: 8th Oct
- Received phone call informing approval of application: 11th Oct
- Original evidence received in post via recorded delivery: 12th Oct
- BRP received: 23rd Oct

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Ryan2020,

Sorry for late reply but below I rephrased the sentences to meet this forum standards:

''Guys,

As I posted and mentioned earlier on this forum I used to know one guy whose visa application was retained by UKBA without giving any reason.

It was just over an year where he didnt get any favourable response from UKBA & MP despite of numerous e-mails. Then he wrote a letter to chief executive of UKBA and explained his application situation and appealed that he wants to know what's the reason his application taking so long. Also, he send an e-mail to UKBA and copied his MP, chief executive of UKBA,home secretary & Immigration minister explaining his situation.

He received a fantastic response from UKBA less then a week explaining that his previous Solicitor who helped him on his 3 years HSMP approval recently Jailed for fraud and so UKBA wants to investigate his application if he used any deception on not on his current or any previous application.

UKBA also advised him that his visa is on his way and he will receive with in a week.

My this friend now migrated to Canada in 2011.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Roxy1983 wrote:Hi Ryan2020,

Sorry for late reply but below I rephrased the sentences to meet this forum standards:

''Guys,

As I posted and mentioned earlier on this forum I used to know one guy whose visa application was retained by UKBA without giving any reason.

It was just over an year where he didnt get any favourable response from UKBA & MP despite of numerous e-mails. Then he wrote a letter to chief executive of UKBA and explained his application situation and appealed that he wants to know what's the reason his application taking so long. Also, he send an e-mail to UKBA and copied his MP, chief executive of UKBA,home secretary & Immigration minister explaining his situation.

He received a fantastic response from UKBA less then a week explaining that his previous Solicitor who helped him on his 3 years HSMP approval recently Jailed for fraud and so UKBA wants to investigate his application if he used any deception on not on his current or any previous application.

UKBA also advised him that his visa is on his way and he will receive with in a week.

My this friend now migrated to Canada in 2011.
thanks roxy .hmmm sound great ... we all have to do same thing i believe. because they all are different category of asking help and one of them will reply. if UKBA is dumb.. atlease UK cheif executive or pa of immigration minister will do reply.
thanks for sharing.

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:12 am

Well Ryan, I must say that atleast people who are waiting for more than 6 months for their visa application should go for such escalations. There are so may rules and clauses for further checks but to be honest checks dosent take too log its just the case workers are so lazy and incompetent which cause delay in visa application.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Roxy1983 wrote:Well Ryan, I must say that atleast people who are waiting for more than 6 months for their visa application should go for such escalations. There are so may rules and clauses for further checks but to be honest checks dosent take too log its just the case workers are so lazy and incompetent which cause delay in visa application.

agree with you roxy. I will do the same but after 6 months. and i'm sure i will be mad till that time. I don't have a job and no employer is willing me to give job as well. i'm in pain but trying that time go fast.

hijigu
Newly Registered

ILR - PEO Croydon - Defferred Application Success

Post by hijigu » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi All,

Below is my experience of having applied for ILR at PEO Croydon.

Details about my app:
- Category: SET (O) - Work Permit/HSMP/ Tier 1 (General) (2 + 3), employed with multiple companies
+ 1 Dependent with 2 years stay complete

I did not get the decision on same day and was requested to provide some additional documents which I sent in 8 days time. Finally I got a call after two and half months that my application has been successful and I can collect the documents or they can be sent via post.

Note: The call was from UNKNOWN number.

Hope this comes in handy for someone in the future.

To summaries my timeline:
- PEO Appointment Date: 17th July 2012
- Additional evidence sent within 10 days.
- Received phone call informing approval of application: 4th October
- Documents collected: 5th October
- BRP received: 8th October

I do think that if your application is in WAIT status, I am sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards
J

ramay

Post by ramay » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Roxy1983 wrote: There are so may rules and clauses for further checks but to be honest checks dosent take too log its just the case workers are so lazy and incompetent which cause delay in visa application.

Agreed, I know one fellow he works at Croydon PEO in different department.
He said CWs they have huge amount of applications on the desks but still drinking tea every 15 min and talking..They just don't care.. Of course government cut a lot of staff from ukba..Nobody likes work more for same wage..So... they work as usual..
Last edited by ramay on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ramay

Re: ILR - PEO Croydon - Defferred Application Success

Post by ramay » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 pm

hijigu wrote: Finally I got a call after two and half months that my application has been successful and I can collect the documents or they can be sent via post.
e future.

I do think that if your application is in WAIT status, I am sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards
J
they go in reverse .. working with July's applications.

hijigu
Newly Registered

Post by hijigu » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:22 pm

ramay wrote:
hijigu wrote: Finally I got a call after two and half months that my application has been successful and I can collect the documents or they can be sent via post.
e future.

Regards
J
What does that mean? I thought I would share so it could help others!!

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 pm

hijigu wrote:
ramay wrote:
e future.

Regards
J
What does that mean? I thought I would share so it could help others!!
its just a comment.. meaning people are waiting from march and they are dealing july application.

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Thank you hijigu for your post!! sorry I didn't explain what I meant in the last comment..We can see now they are trying to do something with that backlog..

Immigrant2007
Newly Registered

ILR/BRP Issue Date

Post by Immigrant2007 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Hello,

I have applied for ILR at Cardiff PEO on June 22 2012. I have been given letter stating that my application requires further checks, since then I have been waiting to hear from UKBA.

Could anyone who have applied for ILR under premium service at a PEO (deferred for further checks) and have received ILR perhaps in couple of months confirm whether the ILR BRP card issue date starts on the day the application was received by UKBA (PEO) or did it start on the day the application was processed by UKBA. As later would mean that I have to wait (once again) 1 year + additional months taken by UKBA for ILR processing before qualifying for naturalisation.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ILR/BRP Issue Date

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Immigrant2007 wrote:Hello,

I have applied for ILR at Cardiff PEO on June 22 2012. I have been given letter stating that my application requires further checks, since then I have been waiting to hear from UKBA.

Could anyone who have applied for ILR under premium service at a PEO (deferred for further checks) and have received ILR perhaps in couple of months confirm whether the ILR BRP card issue date starts on the day the application was received by UKBA (PEO) or did it start on the day the application was processed by UKBA. As later would mean that I have to wait (once again) 1 year + additional months taken by UKBA for ILR processing before qualifying for naturalisation.

its date of decision NOT the date of application. Its true we all have to wait 1 year + when our decision will be made...

coolbawa
Newly Registered

Post by coolbawa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:22 pm

ryan2020 wrote:
Immigrant2007 wrote:Hello,

its date of decision NOT the date of application. Its true we all have to wait 1 year + when our decision will be made...
As I understood this UKBA randomly pick on some application (which get stuck for any small reason - further enquiries letter) and keep them hanging on this waiting game without giving any reason and delay the whole cycle of getting ILR & eventually naturlisation... to have good numbers to show on book in front of politicians who come up with all policies without even consulting real people who are ultimately sufferers.... am in queue from mid March and hanging without even any known reason. :-( I have tried all options (MP, Solicitor, complaints etc)except writing to these politicians and ask for their mercy or asking them what wrong did I do by paying such huge taxes, investing my time & savings on this land which I look forward to call my own in future... We spend peak of our working life span here and make contribution to economy and wont say that we are not happy doing that as we also get back good life and in some cases much better life BUT still no reason to leave us hanging like this. We should keep calm and wait, I know it is easier said then done but what else.....

Immigrant2007
Newly Registered

Post by Immigrant2007 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:08 pm

[quote="coolbawa"][quote="ryan2020"][quote="Immigrant2007"]Hello,

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.[/quote]

its date of decision NOT the date of application. Its true we all have to wait 1 year + when our decision will be made...[/quote]

As I understood this UKBA randomly pick on some application (which get stuck for any small reason - further enquiries letter) and keep them hanging on this waiting game without giving any reason and delay the whole cycle of getting ILR & eventually naturlisation... to have good numbers to show on book in front of politicians who come up with all policies without even consulting real people who are ultimately sufferers.... am in queue from mid March and hanging without even any known reason. :-( I have tried all options (MP, Solicitor, complaints etc)except writing to these politicians and ask for their mercy or asking them what wrong did I do by paying such huge taxes, investing my time & savings on this land which I look forward to call my own in future... We spend peak of our working life span here and make contribution to economy and wont say that we are not happy doing that as we also get back good life and in some cases much better life BUT still no reason to leave us hanging like this. We should keep calm and wait, I know it is easier said then done but what else.....[/quote]

Did you aplly with any dependants on your application?

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 pm

coolbawa why you dont take this to Immigration Minister and home secretary and UKBA cheif executive ??

We all are in same postion but you are waiting more than us.

well this is our life difficult times and unfortunately we are unlucky so be patient and wait ....

no budy else in the queue is responding like whats going on with them.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:57 pm

I don't blame coolbawa for his calm position towards our problems with UKBA, i am equally fast getting to that position very close to being described as giving up. What else can we do under this circumstances? Nothings I presume.

Been waiting since 16th of April........

bash

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:13 am

I had a reply after several letters and emails, apologising for the delay and saying that the due to the huge volume of backlog plus stating that application is still under consideration. But they still havnt given us a reason as to why the further check was required.

Why don't we take this to a national or even local media?? one of my colleagues did and guess what? bingo! they found his 'misplaced' documents all of a sudden!!

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 am

Looks like immigration is a very sensitive issue nobody wants to get into from a political perspective hence escalating to the media may not generate the required impact
smoothturbo wrote:I had a reply after several letters and emails, apologising for the delay and saying that the due to the huge volume of backlog plus stating that application is still under consideration. But they still havnt given us a reason as to why the further check was required.

Why don't we take this to a national or even local media?? one of my colleagues did and guess what? bingo! they found his 'misplaced' documents all of a sudden!!

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

Post by Haizhou1218 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi, I have been waiting for over a year now,no response at all, sometimes, I think being a foreigner in this country is so difficult . Can anyone give me some advises?