ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Me2012
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Received

Post by Me2012 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:53 am

Date Docs sent: 18/06/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 26/06/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 07/08/12
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office):08/08/12
Date Spouse Passport Requested: 03/10/12
Date Spouse Passport Received: 10/10/12
Date Docs received: 24/10/12
Visa type: FLR(M)

My wait is over at last...after 4 months and a week.
I guess my doucuments arrived quicky(compared to 8 months for some) is that I requested spouse passport back.Received all documents with confirmation of BRP just after 20 days of request of documents. So I would suggest request of documents is the best way to speed up the processing.
:lol:

Dsin

Re: FLR(M) Received

Post by Dsin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Me2012 wrote:Date Docs sent: 18/06/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 26/06/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 07/08/12
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office):08/08/12
Date Spouse Passport Requested: 03/10/12
Date Spouse Passport Received: 10/10/12
Date Docs received: 24/10/12
Visa type: FLR(M)

My wait is over at last...after 4 months and a week.
I guess my doucuments arrived quicky(compared to 8 months for some) is that I requested spouse passport back.Received all documents with confirmation of BRP just after 20 days of request of documents. So I would suggest request of documents is the best way to speed up the processing.
:lol:
HI Me2012,

Great to hear you have your documents back - congratulations!

It seems like a few June applicants have started receiving their docs and visas now. Some (including me and my husband) didn't request docs back or contact the UKBA at all. I can't help but wonder if the outside agency they have brought in to clear the backlog is now having an effect.

In the months I've been following this forum, the last 2-3 weeks have been the most active in terms of people receiving their visas. Unless there is a genuine reason for needing the docs back (and accepting that this may well be the case) I wouldn't advise people to do that as it simply adds to the workload and gives the UKBA even less time to deal with the backlog.

It's been said on here before - if everyone was to request their docs back.....

Congrats anyway, glad to hear your good news.

LE80
Newly Registered

Post by LE80 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Congratulations to all those who have received their visas, especially waitwaitwait and the other early applicants.

As for me, our biometrics date was March 31st, and the UKBA confirmed this morning that they haven't started processing our application yet. Wouldn't, of course, say when they might do so, or what date they are up to. Crushing.

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks waitwaitwait and congratulations on your good news!!!

I am awaiting a reply from a solicitor today, as I was allowed to take up full time work after my course finished (and during term time)...will find out soon enough :? Very frustrating! No worries about UKBA calling up the college as I rarely missed any classes throughout the two years and came out with top grades.

Best of luck in the future, glad to hear you finally got the good news you've been after!

theoneandonly
Newly Registered

Post by theoneandonly » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:17 pm

I have been following this fourm, I also sent out my document for FLR in middle of June and I was waiting and waiting. last week, we wrote to our local MP and last monday, I sent a letter to both home office as well as UKBA, today I received my CARD with a letter saying that my docuement will reach me soon .. yeah my waiting time is over now I guess. Not sure if write to the home office helped, but worthy a try..

bustednotch

Post by bustednotch » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 pm

What's your timeline theoneandonly?

theoneandonly
Newly Registered

Post by theoneandonly » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:38 pm

bustednotch wrote:What's your timeline theoneandonly?
Date Applied/Docs sent: 19 June/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 25/June/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 15Aug/12
Date Biometrics Appointment : 17Aug/12
write letter to local MP ;19 Oct/12
write letter to Home office and UKBA 21 Oct
card received today with letter saying my document will reach me shorty
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse

I do think wirte to the HOME OFFICE helped, I actually called HOME OFFICE before sent a letter to them..

does anyone know how soon I will get my document back after receiving my card?

kid13

Post by kid13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:20 pm

theoneandonly wrote:
bustednotch wrote:What's your timeline theoneandonly?
Date Applied/Docs sent: 19 June/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 25/June/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 15Aug/12
Date Biometrics Appointment : 17Aug/12
write letter to local MP ;19 Oct/12
write letter to Home office and UKBA 21 Oct
card received today with letter saying my document will reach me shorty
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse

I do think wirte to the HOME OFFICE helped, I actually called HOME OFFICE before sent a letter to them..

does anyone know how soon I will get my document back after receiving my card?
ours came the next day, although other people have received theirs about a week later

congratulations to everyone who has been getting their visas... the wait has been difficult for all of us, especially for those applicants (like my husband) who weren't even allowed to earn a living while they waited! sometimes it felt like the UKBA wanted to see our savings deplete just so they could refuse us.

as a may applicant with approval in october, i really hope all of you earlier applicants get your visas soon and that the year can end happily!

olukemiff
Newly Registered

Still Waiting

Post by olukemiff » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Still waiting.
Applied: 2nd July

Ive been following this forum for a while. I sent in my application on the 2nd of july and posted my timeline here.

After much issue with ukba (misplacing our passports and writing us that we filled out a wrong form which we maintained was right as it was done online), UKBA decided to send me a biometric letter after all.

At time i feel the people at the home office are illeterate or daft (sorry for my language). They sent the biometric letter since August 20+ to my old address after we asked them to send all correspondence to our lawyer (all previous correspondence were sent to the lawyer so dont know why this was diff)

They had already sent 2 letters before the new tenant called us to tell us we have mails.

Anyway looooong story short.....took the 2nd biometric letter (sent in late sept) to the postoffice last week and got it done.

Another waiting begins....I pray its not long anymore.

ritz78
Newly Registered

FLRM

Post by ritz78 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Finally recieved visa

Applied 27th feb 2012
boimetric card, passport and all documents recieved today 24th October

:D

waitwaitwait

Thanks

Post by waitwaitwait » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:06 am

Hey "Dsin" thanks for your wishes and congratulations as you have received the docs back, i hope you would receive BRP soon ( you might already have).

Thanks "LE80" and I sincerely hope you get the good news soon as you have been waiting for almost as long as i waited.

"CDNgirl" Thanks alot for your kind words and I do sincerely hope you get the good news soon. Well my solicitor mentioned the same thing that legitimate students like you or me dont need to worry much as UKBA appreciates the genuine people who got good study record and have a genuine relationship to switch categories. I hope you can share your good news on this forum soon. I wish you good luck.

Also, guys I dont know if its worth mentioning but I have noticed that the letter that comes with documents to confirm the approval, has been signed by someone who is in "Temporary Migration Team"
Basically as on this forum people mentioned that ukba has hired temp staff, looks like it is true. Because i have checked my old visa extension letters and they were always signed by a migration officer but this FLR m is signed by temp team.

I hope the temp staff they have hired do possess the skills to decide people's future. I aint complaining cuz mines decided but just hoping they make right decisions so genuine people like us here dont face a problem.

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to everyone who has received it. This forum has come a long way because when i joined it was on page 4 now it is on page number 58.

Still.Waiting

Re: Thanks

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 am

Congrates waitwaitwait good to see that you finally got your visa. It took them awhile to process feb applications as i remember them working on Feb still even before the Olympics!!! I hope they finish all FEB apps soon. It would be nice to see March and April undergoing decisions for a change !

Date Applied: 16-04-12
Date Received Acknow Letter: 25-04-12
Date Biometrics Taken: 15-05-12
Docs and permit: Still waiting
Visa Type: Tier 4
waitwaitwait wrote:Hey "Dsin" thanks for your wishes and congratulations as you have received the docs back, i hope you would receive BRP soon ( you might already have).

Thanks "LE80" and I sincerely hope you get the good news soon as you have been waiting for almost as long as i waited.

"CDNgirl" Thanks alot for your kind words and I do sincerely hope you get the good news soon. Well my solicitor mentioned the same thing that legitimate students like you or me dont need to worry much as UKBA appreciates the genuine people who got good study record and have a genuine relationship to switch categories. I hope you can share your good news on this forum soon. I wish you good luck.

Also, guys I dont know if its worth mentioning but I have noticed that the letter that comes with documents to confirm the approval, has been signed by someone who is in "Temporary Migration Team"
Basically as on this forum people mentioned that ukba has hired temp staff, looks like it is true. Because i have checked my old visa extension letters and they were always signed by a migration officer but this FLR m is signed by temp team.

I hope the temp staff they have hired do possess the skills to decide people's future. I aint complaining cuz mines decided but just hoping they make right decisions so genuine people like us here dont face a problem.

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to everyone who has received it. This forum has come a long way because when i joined it was on page 4 now it is on page number 58.

theoneandonly
Newly Registered

Post by theoneandonly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:33 am

good news today-- I got all my document back this morning.!! yeah!!
theoneandonly wrote:I have been following this fourm, I also sent out my document for FLR in middle of June and I was waiting and waiting. last week, we wrote to our local MP and last monday, I sent a letter to both home office as well as UKBA, today I received my CARD with a letter saying that my docuement will reach me soon .. yeah my waiting time is over now I guess. Not sure if write to the home office helped, but worthy a try..

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 am

"Temporary migration team" just means the team that deals with applications in non-settlement categories such as FLR(M) - not that they're temporary staff.

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

In search of more good news

Post by TnT-FreaK » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 am

After looking at this sea of good news come through, now I'm anxiously waiting for UKBA to bring down the backlog....

The signs are all there: select committee review, increased MP involvement and now hiring of temp staff. UKBA is trying to fix things.

I am a July applicant and now actively reviewing this forum on a daily basis with the hope that there will be good news coming through for all. Please keep sharing ...

Key dates below

Application date: 4 July
Biometrics enrolled: 4 September

Skonky

Wooo

Post by Skonky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:24 am

TNT my time line is almost the same as yours...

By my reckoning we are two weeks away from the June applicants receiving...COULD BE SOONER IF THE STAFF ARE WORKING EXTRA HARD.....I'm starting to feel excited

Dsin

Re: Wooo

Post by Dsin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Skonky wrote:TNT my time line is almost the same as yours...

By my reckoning we are two weeks away from the June applicants receiving...COULD BE SOONER IF THE STAFF ARE WORKING EXTRA HARD.....I'm starting to feel excited
My husband's biometric card arrived yesterday, a day after we received the doc's back. Our updated timeline:

Applied online: 10/6 (payment taken same day)
Documents sent: 11/6 (received by UKBA 12/6)
Acknowledgement letter: 21/6 (dated 19/6)
Biometrics letter received: 2/8
Biometrics submitted: 7/8
Documents received: 23/10
Biometric permit received: 24/10
Visa: FLR(M) from Fiance visa
Applicant nationality: Cambodian

Both the card and the letter were dated 20th October which was a Saturday so perhaps they are on overtime to help clear the backlog?

Good luck - hope your visa arrives soon :D

viking12
Newly Registered

Re: FLRM

Post by viking12 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:10 pm

ritz78 wrote:Finally recieved visa

Applied 27th feb 2012
boimetric card, passport and all documents recieved today 24th October

:D
Congratulatins to everyone who get their passports back :)

Anymore Feb applicants still waiting??

I applied on the 28/02/12 and still waiting!!!

annieak
Newly Registered

Post by annieak » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi guys,
I have been following this timeline for awhile.
Heres our details

sent form - 26th feb
acknolgment - 28th feb
payment - 1st march
wrong biometric given 28th then a new one was issue
biometrics submitted - 12th april.
rest is anyone's guess.

Have called ukba (useless being told no decision is made, even i know that)
- sent a letter to casework - no response
- mp sent two letters - received a letter from ukba saying all applications are being processed we need wait our turn.

Since sending the application I am expecting and need hubby to start work before i go on maternity leave not that they care.

I do not know what is taking so long.

Fingers cross we hear something, getting depressing now...

tired_of_waiting
Newly Registered

Post by tired_of_waiting » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 pm

I applied on 16 feb 12
Biometrics. 04 Apr 12

Still waiting no news

LondonResident
Newly Registered

Post by LondonResident » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Hello all,

I would like to thanks all the members for their support and also update my timeline:

FLR(M) application send : 20-Feb-2012
Biometrics taken : Nearly 4 weeks after
Passport received : 23-Oct-2012
BRP card received: 24-Oct-2012

Thanks,

Meche83
Newly Registered

Post by Meche83 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Congratulations to each and very one who has receive his good news. I am so Happy for you Wait Wait wait,
it has been a long emotional Situation.
viking12 you are not left alone, i am Feb Applicant and i am still waiting

Applied on 9th Feb and still waiting, Be strong, it will be out turn soon.

One Love

ako
Newly Registered

Post by ako » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:03 pm

viking12 - another feb applicant still waiting

Date applied/docs sent: 20/02/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 21/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 22/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 21/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 30/03/2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: Waiting
Biometrics card received: Waiting

backagain

Post by backagain » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:16 pm

My wife has a theory about why June+ applications are getting done over remaining Feb - May applications. She thinks that the 6 month benchmark is already shot for those souls, so UKBA or the temp contractor are working more on statistically salvageable months. If true, good news for June+ but more of the same for the rest.

Dsin

Post by Dsin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm

backagain wrote:My wife has a theory about why June+ applications are getting done over remaining Feb - May applications. She thinks that the 6 month benchmark is already shot for those souls, so UKBA or the temp contractor are working more on statistically salvageable months. If true, good news for June+ but more of the same for the rest.
I have to admit that we have the same theory. It does seem like there's a sudden burst of speed on the June applications. There are some Feb ones coming through so perhaps the temp team are working on June & later, leaving the original teams to work on Feb & later?

I just hope they really push on with the Feb, Mar, Apr & May ones as it's agonizing for those who've been waiting that long.