ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied Entrepreneur visa as office manager -travel company

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shanky

Applied Entrepreneur visa as office manager -travel company

Post by shanky » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 pm

hi Guys

I know its to late now for me to make any changes as I already applied in june and give my biometrics in 18 july ( still waiting for answer from ukba) , may be you guy can give me some valuable advice on following points .

1- I showed that I am in travel agency/ tour operator business and showed my designation as office manager. Other day some one told me that my visa will be rejected for travel agency/tour operator business as according to tire 2 code list (section S -other services acitivity) travels agents come under NVQ level 3 and above but i guess we need NVQ level 4 or above . But in the form I mentioned my designation as office manager which according to tire 2 code list come under (section N administrative and support service) which is NVQ level 4 or above. not sure if they give me visa on basis of designation.

2-Showed 100% fund abroad. My visa expires in 21/Dec/2012. Cant reapply as minimum maintenance fund 900 went down 750 in my bank account on 27 Sep/2012 and from 28 Sep I am maintaining 1100 pounds in my account but i guess its not enough as it only 85 days till my visa expires(21 Dec/201) and they need 90 days minimum balance of 900.

Do you think is thr any chance of getting the visa or I should start packing my stuff . :(

Regards

TJ
S

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 pm

It's the nature of the business that matters. You can call yourself whatever you like (president, CEO, Manager) but if the business activity if not level 4, the visa will be refused. I not going to look at the list to see if travel agency manger (1226) is below level 4 and will just accept your word that you have checked and found this to be so.
iv. In an occupation skilled to graduate level
Other than the work necessary to administer the business, your main business activity must be working at graduate level. We will not take into account the tasks involved with the running of the business for this assessment.
For example
• If the business is software sales and your main activity is developing software, you may qualify for points;
• If the business is a taxi firm, the main occupation is driving a taxi and you will not score points even though you manage the business. Your main activity is providing a taxi service which is not skilled to graduate level.Guidance on what is a graduate level occupation (also called level 4 and above of the National Qualifications Framework) is available in the codes of practice which are available on our website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... fpractice/
At least you know how to book a flight home if it is bad news.

rajm2012

Post by rajm2012 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It's the nature of the business that matters. You can call yourself whatever you like (president, CEO, Manager) but if the business activity if not level 4, the visa will be refused. I not going to look at the list to see if travel agency manger (1226) is below level 4 and will just accept your word that you have checked and found this to be so.
iv. In an occupation skilled to graduate level
Other than the work necessary to administer the business, your main business activity must be working at graduate level. We will not take into account the tasks involved with the running of the business for this assessment.
For example
• If the business is software sales and your main activity is developing software, you may qualify for points;
• If the business is a taxi firm, the main occupation is driving a taxi and you will not score points even though you manage the business. Your main activity is providing a taxi service which is not skilled to graduate level.Guidance on what is a graduate level occupation (also called level 4 and above of the National Qualifications Framework) is available in the codes of practice which are available on our website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... fpractice/
At least you know how to book a flight home if it is bad news.
Agreed that you are a senior member but this is in bad taste.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:35 pm

What has being a senior member go to do with speaking frankly and directly in an informal manner to a person who, in his own words, has already asked if he should pack his bags? I see absolutely nothing offensive in what I have said; it's a completely factual statement to someone who, through their own informality and frank approach, has beckoned comment in a similar vein. If he has any other questions I will continue to endeavour to provide helpful comment.

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Relax guys , take it easy.

Thanks for your reply Lucapooka

I was wondering if I can show maintenance funds of £900 for 90 days in two different countries. I mean My visa expires in 21/Dec/2012. I Can't apply as my UK bank minimum maintenance fund 900 went down 750 in my bank account on 27 Sep/2012 and i guess UKba wont expect it as it only 85 days till my visa expires(21 Dec/2012) and they need 90 days minimum balance of 900. But I have two other accounts in India which has the money equivalent to £ 200 and £ 400 . Can I add funds in these two accounts in India and UK to make it as a total maintenance fund more than £ 900.

What do you think will they expect the total of £ 900 for three different banks in two different countries

Regards
S

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:45 pm

There is nothing in the rules that prevents multiple accounts in different locations being aggregated to make the required maintenance.

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Thanks Lucapooka appreciate that. I can see the hope of re applying.
S

rajm2012

Post by rajm2012 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Lucapooka wrote:What has being a senior member go to do with speaking frankly and directly in an informal manner to a person who, in his own words, has already asked if he should pack his bags? I see absolutely nothing offensive in what I have said; it's a completely factual statement to someone who, through their own informality and frank approach, has beckoned comment in a similar vein. If he has any other questions I will continue to endeavour to provide helpful comment.
Apologies. May be, it is just me. If I were him, I would've taken that offensively.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applied Entrepreneur visa as office manager -travel comp

Post by sky_rise » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:44 am

shanky wrote:hi Guys

I know its to late now for me to make any changes as I already applied in june and give my biometrics in 18 july ( still waiting for answer from ukba) , may be you guy can give me some valuable advice on following points .

1- I showed that I am in travel agency/ tour operator business and showed my designation as office manager. Other day some one told me that my visa will be rejected for travel agency/tour operator business as according to tire 2 code list (section S -other services acitivity) travels agents come under NVQ level 3 and above but i guess we need NVQ level 4 or above . But in the form I mentioned my designation as office manager which according to tire 2 code list come under (section N administrative and support service) which is NVQ level 4 or above. not sure if they give me visa on basis of designation.

2-Showed 100% fund abroad. My visa expires in 21/Dec/2012. Cant reapply as minimum maintenance fund 900 went down 750 in my bank account on 27 Sep/2012 and from 28 Sep I am maintaining 1100 pounds in my account but i guess its not enough as it only 85 days till my visa expires(21 Dec/201) and they need 90 days minimum balance of 900.

Do you think is thr any chance of getting the visa or I should start packing my stuff . :(

Regards

TJ
In fact, there is even more hope. You can apply, well, "in circumstances", even within 28 days AFTER your vise expires, so you technically can take those 5-6 days out of these 28 days period after exp. That is said in rules. But you must be careful.

shanky

Post by shanky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks sky_rise , that sounds great hope for not to start packing up my stuff.
Any idea where can I find more information on this. I thought I would be treated as illegal if I overstayed in this country after my visa expires. It will be appreciated if you can forward me the link where i can find this info.

regards
S

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 pm

shanky wrote:Thanks sky_rise , that sounds great hope for not to start packing up my stuff.
Any idea where can I find more information on this. I thought I would be treated as illegal if I overstayed in this country after my visa expires. It will be appreciated if you can forward me the link where i can find this info.

regards
TJ, great to hear that. Please see here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... verstayers

shanky

Post by shanky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks Buddy .....will look into it.
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:12 pm

hi Guys Should I ask for my documents back from UKBA I guess they will reject my visa.

May be you guys can advice me on following

I give my biometrics on 18 July nothing heard from UKBA after that. Showed 100% fund abroad (INDIA). My visa expires in 21/Dec/2012.

Do you think I should ask my documents back from UKBA and reapply showing some business according to trie 2 code list or I should wait for them to cancel my visa and then I should apply it. Was wondering if I have to pay UKBA fees again.

also advice me that i did my master in tourism business administration can i show IT or marketing business has education to do with the business we apply visa for ?

What do you think I should do.

Regards

TJ
S

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:17 pm

shanky wrote:hi Guys Should I ask for my documents back from UKBA I guess they will reject my visa.

May be you guys can advice me on following

I give my biometrics on 18 July nothing heard from UKBA after that. Showed 100% fund abroad (INDIA). My visa expires in 21/Dec/2012.

Do you think I should ask my documents back from UKBA and reapply showing some business according to trie 2 code list or I should wait for them to cancel my visa and then I should apply it. Was wondering if I have to pay UKBA fees again.

also advice me that i did my master in tourism business administration can i show IT or marketing business has education to do with the business we apply visa for ?

What do you think I should do.

Regards

TJ
You don't have to post on multiple threads. Your post will be noticed regardless and someone will address if they can.

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:21 pm

was just bit impatient to get others opinion.
S