ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

redirection

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pw77
Newly Registered

redirection

Post by pw77 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 pm

hello everyone,

I hope someone could help me with this enquiry. I have applied for BC early September via NCS and couple of days later the fee was already deducted from my account. Meanwhile I had to move out suddenly from my address so I have set up a redirection via Royal Mail. It’s been almost 2 months and no acknowledgement letter came through.

My questions would be if Acknowledgement letters get redirected? (I honestly don’t have anything to hide, just thought it’s easier to do redirection than informing UKBA and cause confusion with a new address)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

trs2011
- thin ice -

Re: redirection

Post by trs2011 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:09 am

pw77 wrote:hello everyone,

I hope someone could help me with this enquiry. I have applied for BC early September via NCS and couple of days later the fee was already deducted from my account. Meanwhile I had to move out suddenly from my address so I have set up a redirection via Royal Mail. It’s been almost 2 months and no acknowledgement letter came through.

My questions would be if Acknowledgement letters get redirected? (I honestly don’t have anything to hide, just thought it’s easier to do redirection than informing UKBA and cause confusion with a new address)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Instead of stressing yourself , why not just call UKBA on their citizensjip number , ask if they sent the ack letter and which adress they have on their system ...really it is that simple mate . They would be able to tell you if redirection is acceptable or not coz on these forums , if someone has not done it before , they won't know the answers except HO . You should be fine though ..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 am

Acknowledgement letter should get redirected. You might want to call the HO. The acknowledgement letter is usually sent when the fee is taken.

pw77
Newly Registered

Post by pw77 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 am

Hi Jumbo and trs2011,

Thanks for your fast reply. It is impossible to reach the UKBA via phone, it goes to recorded messages… so the only option is to email them I guess. Do you know any other way to find this out?

Maybe the mail just got simply lost … Do you happen to know what kind / class of mail do they send as acknowledgement?

Thanks for all your help!

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:54 am

Hi there,

Just to tell from my own experience I applied end of last month for naturalisation and my redirection was already set up with the Royamail. I received the acknowledgement though after a slight delay. To be honest with you, you cannot trust the Royalmail redirection service because I am having pretty terrible experience with post not being properly redirected.

Just a piece of advice, if you you cannot get through to the nationality phone line then go to the link below from UKBA website and change your contact details there.

https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... y-details/

Hope that will help.

Cheers

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:19 pm

pw77 wrote:Hi Jumbo and trs2011,

Thanks for your fast reply. It is impossible to reach the UKBA via phone, it goes to recorded messages… so the only option is to email them I guess. Do you know any other way to find this out?

Maybe the mail just got simply lost … Do you happen to know what kind / class of mail do they send as acknowledgement?

Thanks for all your help!
Yes you can mate , when you dial their number , press option 2 for those who applied more than 6 months , don't listen or press option 1 for those who applied within 6 months because you wont talk to anybody . After that , you will be transferred to an advisor . I have spoken to them at least 3 times since i applied , there is no prob but if you ask about the progress they will sometimes not tell you but for anything else , they are fine . Call them and all the best .