ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed penalty notice A801 and ilr application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Freeman78

Fixed penalty notice A801 and ilr application

Post by Freeman78 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:30 am

Hi All. I would be verY grateful if you can answer my query below please?

I received an on spot fixed penalty notice for driving without insurance (FPNA801) last week which I paid for and have also produced my licence at the local police station to be endorsed with 6 penalty points. I am told that due to this being an FPN I will not have to go to court as I already paid the fine and accepted the penalty points to go on the licence.

Now my ILR (10 years long residence) is due in December and reading all the relevant posts I have lost the hope...
1)My question is do I have to declare the issued FPN as reading the guidance suggest that I do no have to declare the FPN's however the severity of the offence dictates that I need to be honest and come out clean?

2) if I do declare the FPN do I stand a chance of getting ILR?

I have never had any other FPNs or any other points on the licence in last 10years. Your Advise will be much appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:47 am

See Criminality threshold.

Declare it if you wish to, an FPN will have no effect on the outcome of the application. Declaring it will help you at least to not be worried about not disclosing a fact - so no harm in being honest.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:11 am

i had 2 fpns which i declared

Freeman78

Post by Freeman78 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:17 pm

any one with the same FPN? driving without insurance?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:30 pm

an FPN is an FPN. don't matter which is it so as long as you didn't let it get to the court you are ok.