ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loft
BANNED

Queries

Post by loft » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:24 pm

I am about to submit my initial Tier 1 Entrepreneurial visa application. I am going from a Tier 1 Post Study visa to a Tier 1 Entrepreneurial.

My question is do I need to provide documentary evidence that I am registered with HMRC "as a director or as self-employed"?

I know you do with a Tier 1 Entrepreneurial extension visa, but it's not really clear if you need to provide documentary evidence of being self-employed from the HMRC for your first Tier 1 Entrepreneurial visa.

Here it seems to look like you don't if it's the initial application: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/

But in the PDF (on page 9) it says "Registered with HM Revenue and Customs as self-employed; or registered as a director -- You must have been registered as self-employed or a director of a business within the last 3 months before submitting your application as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)." http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

Can someone who has gone the T1 PSW visa to the T1 Entrepreneurial visa please chime in and let me know if you needed to supply evidence of being registered as self-employed?

loft
BANNED

Post by loft » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Anyone?

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:10 am

loft wrote:Anyone?
You need to provide the documents mentioned on 111 of the policy guidance.