ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor letter for wedding guests ....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pyromaniac

Sponsor letter for wedding guests ....

Post by Pyromaniac » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:58 am

Hello all - a follow up question from my queries on applying for a Fiencee vis to be found here -http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#50734

(We put the wedding off until near the end of May 2007, mainly in the probable vain hope that the weather might be a bit better than in February) !

Visa supporting documents are coming along nicely, and as it is nearer the time I am able to add reception provisional bookings and things like this.

My new question - Fiencee's father and brother and sister are coming over for the wedding weekend, also 2 friends of hers from Batam and Singapore who will be bridesmaids. Their visit is purely to attend the wedding and is probably going to be for around 5 days.

I have sorted out accomodation for them all locally with friends and neighbours, and am wondering - what should go into a letter of sponsorship and who it should come from. I imagine it wont need details like those required for my fiencee to apply for her visa - I hope not anyway !

Is it sufficient to state the address and contact details of where they will be staying, and that their needs for the visit will be taken care of during their stay, plus of course their purpose for the visit? I imagine intent to return home would be signified by the return air tickets they will have on arrival.

Do I supply all of the letters- or do the letters have to come from the persons accomodating them?

Many Thanks

Gerry

clairey

Post by clairey » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:45 pm

Here is what I wrote when we wanted my then-fiance's mother, father and aunt to come over:

This letter is to confirm that myself and xxx have invited the following guests to our wedding on XXX at XXX, who require visas:

XXX – father
XXX – mother
XXX – paternal aunt

Once we know if they will be able to come, we will book them rooms in a local hotel. They would be staying for a maximum of 1 week.

All parties have been sent invitations, which they will be able to show to you.

Thank you once again for all your help.

Good luck, I hope they can all get visas!!

Pyromaniac

Post by Pyromaniac » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:47 pm

Thanks Clairey, sorry I took so long to reply, nice to hear it just needs a general type of letter and not reams of paperwork.

Thanks again

Gerry