ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on fiance visa; sponsor on carers allowance.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happyinsomniac
Newly Registered

Advice on fiance visa; sponsor on carers allowance.

Post by happyinsomniac » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi all, I'm wondering if you could give me some advice.

I am a UK National currently on carers allowance looking after my grandmother. My fiance is a US citizen. We are wanting to apply for a fiance visa for him to come to the UK, get married, and then apply to switch to a spouse visa.

I understand that under the new immigration rules, I am exempt from the financial requirements due to being a recipient of of carers allowance. However, all the information I've read suggests that we still have to show that I can support him without resorting to public funds, and I'm not really sure how to do this.

I have read that what this means is that we will be subject to the old rules, requiring that we can show we have £111 a week after housing costs. However, I only get £58 a week from carers allowance. I can earn up to £100 extra without losing my allowance, so a part time job may be an option, but is £159 a week enough to be granted a visa, given that they deduct cost of housing?

I do not pay rent, as I live with my family and care for my grandmother. But the regulations state that third party help will not be considered, so what amount will they deduct from my income for cost of housing?

I don't really understand this area of the regulations, to be honest. I have to show I have a certain amount after housing costs. I don't have housing costs, but if they won't accept third party help (living with family) as a factor then what are they going to base their decision on my financial suitability on?

Hope that made some sense, and I'd be really grateful for any help.

adorabubble
Newly Registered

Post by adorabubble » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:46 pm

I cannot help you on this matter but by writing on this it will boost you up the table and hopefully someone will come and talk to you.

happyinsomniac
Newly Registered

Post by happyinsomniac » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks, heh.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:41 pm

If you don't pay for housing they won't deduct anything.

adorabubble
Newly Registered

Post by adorabubble » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Greenie wrote:If you don't pay for housing they won't deduct anything.

Greenie you seem to be very clued up. I'm sure the OP will be grateful for that input.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 am

Greenie wrote:If you don't pay for housing they won't deduct anything.
As Greenie said.

If you are paid full amount without the deductions and you do not have any tenancy agreement. You are infact not paying for the housing on the face of it.

You mentioned you are living with your family. I would suggest that you show as a evidence that your family is paying for the means to live in the house i.e. their title deeds/tenancy agreement and a letter to confirm they are happy for you to have your partner live in the house. A letter from a landlord stating the same would also be required if renting.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Zeon
Newly Registered

Post by Zeon » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 pm

I am also under the same circumstances as happyinsomniac.

I am a UK resident on a carer's allowance. I am trying to bring my fiancee to the UK under a fiancee visa, then apply for a spouse visa once married. She is Indonesian.

From what i have already read posted here that a carer's allowance and as stated on the UKBA site, that she is exempt from the new financial ruling? because i am on a carer's allownace and all i have to prove is proof of earning £115 a week after deductions, accomindation, relationship, and anything else that supports me to bring her here.

My question is what i wrote correct or have i misunderstood some of the rules on immigration acceptance into the uk?

Zeon
Newly Registered

Post by Zeon » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Can anyone answer its been awhile, id like to know. Thanks.