ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Stamp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Entry Stamp

Post by samira_uk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Dear All,

I entered the UK today and the immigration officer put entry stamp on my passport. In my way home, I noticed that the stamp is so obscure that the day cannot be seen and only "OCT 2012" can be seen.

Then, is there anyone has had such experience? Is it a problem? If yes, what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:35 am

Not a problem at all.If for any reason you want to know your entry dates you can always apply for a copy of your landing card.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 am

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I myself know the dates and dont worry about it. I am more concerned that in future UKBA will have any doubt about the validity of stamp and that makes problems.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Depending on what category you are granted entry not all landing cards are recorded or kept.

There should be no problems concerning the validity of the stamp. This mistake often happens.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:57 am

Thank you. I am on Tier 1 General. I am keeping the airline boarding card as well for future use.