ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Re: Wooo

Post by TnT-FreaK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 am

Skonky wrote:TNT my time line is almost the same as yours...

By my reckoning we are two weeks away from the June applicants receiving...COULD BE SOONER IF THE STAFF ARE WORKING EXTRA HARD.....I'm starting to feel excited
Another day ... another start...

Come on people, please share some more good news. I really do feel like the cheerleader on the sidelines. Cheering the home team as they come home after the victory...

annieak
Newly Registered

Post by annieak » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:52 am

thisi so unfair how can june applicants even be considered when the previous ones have not even been acknoledged yet.

So unfair

Rant over.,

Jakob
Newly Registered

Post by Jakob » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Finally some good news to share. Received my ID card and documents today.

Here is my time line..

Date FLR(M) sent to HO: 20 March 2012
Ack'ment Letter Dated: 22 March 2012
Biometrics Letter Arrived: 28 March 2012
Biometric Enrolled at PO: 29 March 2012
Bio-metric Card received: 25 October 2012
Passport & docs received: 26 October 2012

Best of Luck to everyone here.

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:00 pm

is it true that the ukba people got some extra staff to slove our cases..? :) I applied in april bio..on 11th may still waiting.. :(

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Well I called UKBA again and the lady on the other line just told me that it still has a "PENDING DECISION" status! :evil:

I contacted the local MP and they sent UKBA a letter on 2nd October and they still haven't got any response from UKBA yet. I also already filed a complaint to UKBA about their super slow process.

Timeline:
Date Docs Sent: 23 March 2012
Received by UKBA: 27 March 2012 (saw it via Royal Mail tracking service)
Acknowledgement Letter: Didn't receive any!
BRP Letter: 4 April 2012 (although in the letter it was dated 30 March 2012)
BRP Done: 10 April 2012
Docs & Result: STILL WAITING
BRP Card: STILL WAITING

backagain

Post by backagain » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah! Another March applicant with good news. Thanks for sharing. It feels good to be on the closer end of a decision than the beginning for sure.

backagain

Post by backagain » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 pm

annieak wrote:thisi so unfair how can june applicants even be considered when the previous ones have not even been acknoledged yet.
Annieak,

I've filed a complaint with UKBA and submitted a FOI re: UKBA and the policy for prioritization. I am posting that letter below. If you want to track or annotate that request, you can find it at: (http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/f ... _visa_appl).

FOI Request sent 25 October 2012

According to UKBA, all FLR(M) applications are to be processed in
the order received. Apparently, the rules of UKBA are being
bypassed. We can only determine that UKBA is processing latter
applications for statistical urgency that they might minimize their
poor performance record for an additional quarter.

Whether UKBA responds to applicant requests for information, formal
complaints, or MP requests for information the response is always
the same "all applications are being processed in the order
received." If that is true, then:

1. What is the policy or procedural practice for bypassing
applications out of received sequence? [Premise: June 2012 FLR(M)
applications are being processed over large numbers of pending Feb
- May 2012 FLR(M) applications]

2. Please provide updated data specified in FOI Reference:
1721/24218:

a. Total number of FLR(M) applications by month
b. Amount of FLR(M) applications by month submitted under Premium
Service
c. Total number of FLR(M) applications by month that were processed
in: i)6 months, ii)9 months, iii)still pending
d. Date data was collected.

We want to get to the bottom of what is taking the UKBA and its
contractors so long to process Feb - May 2012 applications and why.

Respectfully,

Sevenmonthwait

Meche83
Newly Registered

what is all this ukba

Post by Meche83 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:12 pm

I Have request for my passport since first of October and is now going more than 20 working day

My wife has also request for her passport but Ukba keep on sending her this Spammy Spammer.

Thank you for your request for the return of documents.
Unfortunately, this can not be completed at this time, the file has come through as an incorrect attachment. Please resend the form to the ROD Requests Inbox, ensuring that it is sent as a Word document.

Applied on 9th of Feb 2012 and still waiting

backagain

Re: what is all this ukba

Post by backagain » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:46 am

Meche83 wrote: My wife has also request for her passport but Ukba keep on sending her this Spammy Spammer.
Hi Meche83. To try to sort out what is going on, do you mind going through a short checklist? Perhaps we can sort out why your request for return of documents is failing.

1. Are you using the form located at
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... return.doc

2. Are all mandatory fields completed? On the bottom of the form is the following requirement:

Please include your name and reference number in the email subject line. All fields marked with a * are mandatory fields. If they are not completed the request will be returned unactioned.

3. Once you fill in al lthe mandatory fields are you saving the completed file as a Word Document? If you send it in any other format other than the native file format of Word, they may not be able to open it. Don't assume that they can or will open a PDF. Save as a Word Doc.

4. Are you emailing to RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk ? The form includes the following line:

Please submit this form to RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

5. Did you specify to NOT withdraw your application?

Following the above guidelines, I sent in a Request for ROD and received and immediate response. My wife's passport and our marriage certificate were returned within 10 days. I am the visa applicant.

Hope this helps[/url]

Meche83
Newly Registered

Post by Meche83 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Hey backagain, Many thanks for ur guild line, I did as you said and i received Automatic reply from Rod Inbox, I am hoping their will acknowledged my request this time around.

This forum as really been a great helper to me, Many thanks to each and every one of you who has been a source of hope and encouragement, I Can not Waite to get my good news soon,

Applied on 9 Feb.

Still waiting

Many thanks Backagain for ur Assistance, hope you will get ur good news soon.

Regards

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:36 am

Meche83 wrote:Hey backagain, Many thanks for ur guild line, I did as you said and i received Automatic reply from Rod Inbox, I am hoping their will acknowledged my request this time around.
After I received the message below, my wife called eight days later to follow-up. They asked her quite a few security questions and then told her that her requested documents were dispatched and gave her a Royal Post Office tracking number. I'd give it about a week and follow-up with a phone call. Tell them that you requested and waited on previous occasions, but have not received your documents. So you are just checking to ensure the request is accepted.

The number we call is 0870 606 7766. We usually select one of the options (after 3 or 4 guesses) that places us on perpetual hold. It is a waiting game when you call. So be patient.

Here is our auto-response from UKBA ROD.

Your return of document request will be directed to the appropriate team to enable them to return your documents therefore you will not receive a response direct from this mailbox.

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK TRAVEL UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR DOCUMENTS

Please do not submit a repeat request within 20 days as this will not be actioned.

If your application is being considered under Tier 2 or Tier 5 please follow the link below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -documents

If you are a Bulgarian or Romanian national and have applied for a work permit or accession work card please follow the link below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... equesting/

All forms submitted must be fully completed. Any incomplete forms will be returned unactioned.

Please note that we are unable to give you estimates of when your documents will be returned.

Please be aware that all documents are returned by post only. There is no collection service available at PEOs.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

hetcollie
Newly Registered

Need to go home!

Post by hetcollie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:43 am

I applied for FLR (m) mid May and completed biometrics mid June, and have been waiting patiently until the 5 month mark hit and suddenly I got very nervous - especially when I started watching the recent FOI requests which showed many (if not most) waiting more than 7-8months.

The problem is that my partner and I are getting married early next year in NZ, with venue food and flights etc booked (including flights for family and friends to attend). Given last time I applied for an FLR (m) visa in 2010, it took less than 2 months to process (and given the current 'service standard' on UKBA website) I had no idea it would take this long. Now I am struggling with what to do. Do we cancel the wedding now, as it is the only form of certainty we are going to get - or do we risk that it may come in the next three months? To complicate things further, the trip home means much more than the wedding as our families have not yet met our young son.

Anyway, enough of the sob story - what to do?! I have written to the UKBA (attn my caseworker), my MP, made a complaint to the UKBA and even to the Minister of Immigration Mark Harper. But I am concerned my voice will just not be heard, as I see is the frustration of many others on this forum.

Is there anything we can do collectively to lobby the government? I have considered setting up an e-petition but we will need to get a lot (thousands) of signatures for it to work. Do we know if other visa categories are having these same problems? Perhaps a collective petition would help. I am also considering writing to journalists. Although a little unsure if anyone will care.

If there is any advice about what may help - please let me know. We have asked for my partners passport back as he needed to travel for work, and I am considering asking for the rest of my documents at around the 6 month mark.

Heather

backagain

Re: Need to go home!

Post by backagain » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:24 am

hetcollie wrote:If there is any advice about what may help - please let me know. We have asked for my partners passport back as he needed to travel for work, and I am considering asking for the rest of my documents at around the 6 month mark.
Hi Heather,

May I ask you a couple of questions? You mentioned a big wedding do in NZ in 2013. Did you file for your visa under FLR(M)? What was your status prior to that filing? We filed for FLR(M) after marrying here in the UK. Did you marry in the UK before you filed the FLR(M)? I am asking as I am trying to understand the variables of the FLR(M) request.

I've scoured loads of documents online for any answer to our own questions. One of the most revealing docs is the House Affairs Committee regarding the work of the UKBA. Here are two pages to look at:

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... ther-info/

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/comm ... 0Sept).pdf

In essence, Parliament is already conducting inquiry into the shoddy visa processing of UKBA for 2012. If you read the 14 September oral evidence you will learn that UKBA brought in a contractor to help get UKBA caught up on their backlog. I've submitted a FOI request for updated statistics that I'll post on here when I get news. That will give you and idea of the state of visa processing.

Purely on speculation, I'd say that non-problematic May visa applications will be done before the end of the year. We filed in April and remain very hopeful. Don't do anything rash like pulling out or canceling your wedding. When is your wedding date?

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Sorry, the darned earlier post didn't go through and I couldn't edit to correct empty post.
hetcollie wrote:If there is any advice about what may help - please let me know. We have asked for my partners passport back as he needed to travel for work, and I am considering asking for the rest of my documents at around the 6 month mark.
Hi Heather,

May I ask you a couple of questions? You mentioned a big wedding do in NZ in 2013. Did you file for your visa under FLR(M)? What was your status prior to that filing? We filed for FLR(M) after marrying here in the UK. Did you marry in the UK before you filed the FLR(M)? I am asking as I am trying to understand the variables of the FLR(M) request.

I've scoured loads of documents online for any answer to our own questions. One of the most revealing docs is the House Affairs Committee regarding the work of the UKBA. Here are two pages to look at:

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... ther-info/

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/comm ... 0Sept).pdf

In essence, Parliament is already conducting inquiry into the shoddy visa processing of UKBA for 2012. If you read the 14 September oral evidence you will learn that UKBA brought in a contractor to help get UKBA caught up on their backlog. I've submitted a FOI request for updated statistics that I'll post on here when I get news. That will give you and idea of the state of visa processing.

Purely on speculation, I'd say that non-problematic May visa applications will be done before the end of the year. We filed in April and remain very hopeful. Don't do anything rash like pulling out or canceling your wedding. When is your wedding date?

LE80
Newly Registered

Post by LE80 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:12 pm

hetcollie - I am in a similar situation but closer to the crunch time. We applied for FLRM in March and we are planning to go to Australia in December. As others have said, none of the 'tricks' like requesting documents have any effect on the processing of the application. There is no magic shortcut, it seems to be down to luck, as horrible as it is.

The only thing you can do is wait. UKBA do seem to be getting through applications now so there may be a good chance that your application will be processed in the next couple of months. Hopefully you won't be as unlucky as us; we are now facing the decision between cancelling the trip and cancelling the application.

FLR M Waiting time

Post by 2222 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Updates:

FLR M applied on: 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on: 16th March 2012
Biometric completed on: 28th March 2012
Requested my partner’s passport: 10/10/2012
Partner’s passport received: 17/10/2012
More documents requested by UKBA: 22/10/2012
The requested documents sent to UKBA: 26/10/2012
Document return: still waiting!
Biometric card: still waiting!

Any February applicants are still waiting?

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2011/2012

Post by mrsabih » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:42 am

Hi

Here is my Details

Application send :22/10/2012
Awaiting for letter....
Do good and get reward

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:23 am

(Sorry for the two recent blank posts. For some reason the forum didn't post the content. Weird)

Hi Heather,

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... rther-info

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/comm ... 0Sept).pdf (You need to copy and paste this one...I can't get the silly thing to load right on here)

hetcollie
Newly Registered

Post by hetcollie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks for sharing the select committee documents. I have had a quick look through them - but it seems to me that the inquiry is about Asylum cases and the 'immigration refusal pool' (i.e. those who have been refused their visa but illegally staying in the country). It looks to me like the agency bought in is to clear these cases, not to clear the backlog in visa processing - but do let me know if I'm reading this incorrectly.

And in fact, the documents seem to state that current visas are being processed within the services standard (see pg.21 of the main report first link on page) 'The Agency met nearly all of its targets for processing visas in Q1 2012. The target was only missed on one occasion in Tier 4 by 1 percentage point.' This is an extraordinary statement considering we are all waiting months later, but perhaps I am confused between the 'Tier visas' and 'family related visas' which states that there has been a massive increase, but provides no information on processing times.

Anyway, I do think this could be a good route to ask questions and raise some of the FOI requests.

Thanks

Anotheranxiousapplicant
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M Waiting time

Post by Anotheranxiousapplicant » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:27 am

2222 wrote:Updates:

FLR M applied on: 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on: 16th March 2012
Biometric completed on: 28th March 2012
Requested my partner’s passport: 10/10/2012
Partner’s passport received: 17/10/2012
More documents requested by UKBA: 22/10/2012
The requested documents sent to UKBA: 26/10/2012

Any February applicants are still waiting?

2222 Not February applicant per se but we have similar issue. More documents was requested from myself as well on the 19/10 and I posted this on 27/10 for arrival on 29/10.

Fingers cross we hear good news soon...

Anotheranxiousapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by Anotheranxiousapplicant » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am

My timeline

FLR M applied on: 29th June 2012
Payment out of the bank: 3rd July 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 7th July 2012
Biometric letter received on: 03 September 2012
Biometric completed on: 4th Septmber 2012
MP wrote to UKBA : 10 September
Requested my partner’s passport: 8/10/2012
Partner’s passport received: 13/10/2012
More documents requested by UKBA: 19/10/2012
The requested documents sent to UKBA: 28/10/2012

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:26 am

hetcollie wrote:Thanks for sharing the select committee documents. I have had a quick look through them - but it seems to me that the inquiry is about Asylum cases and the 'immigration refusal pool' (i.e. those who have been refused their visa but illegally staying in the country). It looks to me like the agency bought in is to clear these cases, not to clear the backlog in visa processing - but do let me know if I'm reading this incorrectly.
Sorry hetcollie, I may have given you the wrong link. Here is the report I meant to reference and the applicable excerpt:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... c60301.htm

Q92 Dr Huppert: I think six months is very poor service indeed for something that can be done in 24 hours. I have, for example, constituents who came to see me recently who applied for a spousal visa, having previously got a fiancé visa. They applied in March. They were told not to contact UKBA for six months. They waited patiently for the six months. UKBA then got in touch and said, "Yes, sorry, there is a delay. We will try to let you know at some point," which seems somewhat unreasonable, particularly given they had presumably already been through the checks. I have had other stories when I have taken up cases that suggest that what is happening is that the envelopes with the applications in are not even being opened for the first month or two months. Nobody is even having a look or starting to look at the biometric processes. Why is it sitting there? I was told there was a private contractor who was just massively behind. Why is it taking months and months to even start the process?

Rob Whiteman: I would say for a postal application the fee of, say, £990 compared to the premium service of nearly £1,400-£1,377-means that if there are cases where people feel that they need the application much more quickly than the postal service and the service standard that we state of doing them in six months, they have the opportunity to achieve a premium service. The service standard that we state is six months. The reason that it is difficult to bring down a service standard for all cases is that in some cases we will have to carry out extensive investigations. We will have to carry out checks. We will need information from post and other parts of the business. Therefore, we say a settlement application takes six months if delivered by post.

Q93 Dr Huppert: Mr Whiteman, I think we all understand there will be some cases that are more complicated. You do not manage to do all of the in-person ones within 24 hours. You do not manage to do all the postal ones within six months. I have had a written question answered that confirms that just now. But why are the bulk of them taking so long? The bulk of them do not require such detailed investigation. The bulk of them could be processed very quickly. I think people reasonably expect that there is what is seen as an emergency 24-hour-type service, but I think people would not expect the alternative to be a six-month delay.

Rob Whiteman: Yes. The point I hope I have made consistently to the Committee is that in my first year here I think the job has been to stabilise performance. There are parts of the agency where we have had particular backlogs-for example, the questions that I was asked earlier about the controlled archive. I think what we now see across all our products-the visa service, settlement applications, the controlled archive, enforcement activity-is that we have stabilised performance on each, so that we are holding the line and/or improving. To answer your point, I do not think we will make big, serious inroads into reducing the time taken to do work without some other actions as well. Some of the issues that I have set out to the Committee about the need to improve our organisation, our processes, improve our IT, improve the quality of leadership, change the nature of the organisation in order that we break down silos, these are things that we are doing a lot of work on at the moment that I believe will yield results in the years ahead but not immediately. The job has been to stabilise performance.

Q94 Dr Huppert: We would welcome all of those changes and improvements, and I hope they happen quickly. If you have now finished the stabilisation process over that year, do you think the next time you come and see us there will be a marked improvement? Will it take a year? What is your estimation of when we should expect to see significant improvements you have delivered?

Rob Whiteman: I would like to see the stabilisation process at an end by the end of this calendar year. It is not there yet. In answer to questions earlier, we have yet to close the controlled archive. We have created a new board. I sent a copy to the Committee of the new organogram. We have created some new commands for areas of activity where we think we need more resource for them, and we have not had specialist commands looking at those.

annieak
Newly Registered

Post by annieak » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 am

backagain wrote:
hetcollie wrote:Thanks for sharing the select committee documents. I have had a quick look through them - but it seems to me that the inquiry is about Asylum cases and the 'immigration refusal pool' (i.e. those who have been refused their visa but illegally staying in the country). It looks to me like the agency bought in is to clear these cases, not to clear the backlog in visa processing - but do let me know if I'm reading this incorrectly.
Sorry hetcollie, I may have given you the wrong link. Here is the report I meant to reference and the applicable excerpt:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... c60301.htm

Q92 Dr Huppert: I think six months is very poor service indeed for something that can be done in 24 hours. I have, for example, constituents who came to see me recently who applied for a spousal visa, having previously got a fiancé visa. They applied in March. They were told not to contact UKBA for six months. They waited patiently for the six months. UKBA then got in touch and said, "Yes, sorry, there is a delay. We will try to let you know at some point," which seems somewhat unreasonable, particularly given they had presumably already been through the checks. I have had other stories when I have taken up cases that suggest that what is happening is that the envelopes with the applications in are not even being opened for the first month or two months. Nobody is even having a look or starting to look at the biometric processes. Why is it sitting there? I was told there was a private contractor who was just massively behind. Why is it taking months and months to even start the process?

Rob Whiteman: I would say for a postal application the fee of, say, £990 compared to the premium service of nearly £1,400-£1,377-means that if there are cases where people feel that they need the application much more quickly than the postal service and the service standard that we state of doing them in six months, they have the opportunity to achieve a premium service. The service standard that we state is six months. The reason that it is difficult to bring down a service standard for all cases is that in some cases we will have to carry out extensive investigations. We will have to carry out checks. We will need information from post and other parts of the business. Therefore, we say a settlement application takes six months if delivered by post.

Q93 Dr Huppert: Mr Whiteman, I think we all understand there will be some cases that are more complicated. You do not manage to do all of the in-person ones within 24 hours. You do not manage to do all the postal ones within six months. I have had a written question answered that confirms that just now. But why are the bulk of them taking so long? The bulk of them do not require such detailed investigation. The bulk of them could be processed very quickly. I think people reasonably expect that there is what is seen as an emergency 24-hour-type service, but I think people would not expect the alternative to be a six-month delay.

Rob Whiteman: Yes. The point I hope I have made consistently to the Committee is that in my first year here I think the job has been to stabilise performance. There are parts of the agency where we have had particular backlogs-for example, the questions that I was asked earlier about the controlled archive. I think what we now see across all our products-the visa service, settlement applications, the controlled archive, enforcement activity-is that we have stabilised performance on each, so that we are holding the line and/or improving. To answer your point, I do not think we will make big, serious inroads into reducing the time taken to do work without some other actions as well. Some of the issues that I have set out to the Committee about the need to improve our organisation, our processes, improve our IT, improve the quality of leadership, change the nature of the organisation in order that we break down silos, these are things that we are doing a lot of work on at the moment that I believe will yield results in the years ahead but not immediately. The job has been to stabilise performance.

Q94 Dr Huppert: We would welcome all of those changes and improvements, and I hope they happen quickly. If you have now finished the stabilisation process over that year, do you think the next time you come and see us there will be a marked improvement? Will it take a year? What is your estimation of when we should expect to see significant improvements you have delivered?

Rob Whiteman: I would like to see the stabilisation process at an end by the end of this calendar year. It is not there yet. In answer to questions earlier, we have yet to close the controlled archive. We have created a new board. I sent a copy to the Committee of the new organogram. We have created some new commands for areas of activity where we think we need more resource for them, and we have not had specialist commands looking at those.

HI,

This was an interesting read, all excuses, not really changing anything for all of us stuck in this situation.

This is driving crazy not knowing, I am still working and am 8 months pregnant and ukba state our situation does not qualify for compassionate circumstances.
To make it worse we waited 18 months to be granted a Certificate of Approval it is just ridiculous.

How do these people sleep at night.

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Post by TnT-FreaK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm

annieak wrote:
HI,

This was an interesting read, all excuses, not really changing anything for all of us stuck in this situation.

This is driving crazy not knowing, I am still working and am 8 months pregnant and ukba state our situation does not qualify for compassionate circumstances.
To make it worse we waited 18 months to be granted a Certificate of Approval it is just ridiculous.

I am in a similar situation like yours, while it hasnt taken that long, it still is roughly 4 months since we applied. I am considering booking an 'on the day appointment' withdrawing my application and submiting a fresh application through the premium service. As a result the whole process could cost us in the range of 2k...

For anyone reading this forum, I would highly recommend NOT to use the postal service route and get those in person appointments.

annieak
Newly Registered

Post by annieak » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 pm

TnT-FreaK wrote:
annieak wrote:
HI,

I am in a similar situation like yours, while it hasnt taken that long, it still is roughly 4 months since we applied. I am considering booking an 'on the day appointment' withdrawing my application and submiting a fresh application through the premium service. As a result the whole process could cost us in the range of 2k...

For anyone reading this forum, I would highly recommend NOT to use the postal service route and get those in person appointments.
i am not 100% sure but I have read on this forum before where it can even take a month for the one day premium service, wouldn't waste your money if i am honest. they are just not reliable just fingers crossed for everyone.