ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandaselvan
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa

Post by anandaselvan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi, I have sent my passport for visa extension (Tier-2) and I am waiting to hear from UKBA. In the mean time I want my wife to apply for dependent visa to make her travel quicker to U.K. She is in India at the moment and I am in U.K. Could you please shed some light around rules regarding this?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:49 pm

She will need a certified copy of your permission to live in the UK to include with the application. Did you make one? Even if you did, her visa would only be granted in line with the expiry of yours. However, as your leave has either already expired or nearly expired, and there is only the prospect of it being extended, it's unlikely that her visa would be issued on that basis. I think it's best to wait until you are granted and then make her application.

tier210

Post by tier210 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:36 am

Which form should be used for the dependent, when making in country extension application for tier 2 general?

The website states a form VAF10, its states on the top right corner of the form 'TO BE USED FOR APPLICATION OUTSIDE OF THE UK ONLY'.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 am