ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Date first entered with a view to staying

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Date first entered with a view to staying

Post by Unwanted » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi all,

A question on Question 2.1 of Form AN - "Date and place of first arrival in the UK"

I'm applying on the basis of the 4+1 rule and my 1 year ILR will complete on 30th January 2007. However, on 30th January 2002, I was here on a visitors visa and remained in the country while my Work Permit application was processed. I received the leave to remain as a WP holder on 22nd February. Until then, I was here legally on the visitors visa.

Given that I need to enter the date on which I "first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long term basis", can I enter a date in January 2002 whilst I was on a visitors visa or does it need to be 22nd February 2002 when I got my leave to remain as a WP holder? If its the latter, then I guess I can't apply for naturalisation until after 22nd Feb.

Cheers!

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Post by Unwanted » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Folk, any views on this? John? PPron? :)

JAJ
Australia

Re: Naturalisation - Date first entered with a view to stayi

Post by JAJ » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:24 am

Unwanted wrote:Hi all,

A question on Question 2.1 of Form AN - "Date and place of first arrival in the UK"

I'm applying on the basis of the 4+1 rule and my 1 year ILR will complete on 30th January 2007. However, on 30th January 2002, I was here on a visitors visa and remained in the country while my Work Permit application was processed. I received the leave to remain as a WP holder on 22nd February. Until then, I was here legally on the visitors visa.

Given that I need to enter the date on which I "first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long term basis", can I enter a date in January 2002 whilst I was on a visitors visa or does it need to be 22nd February 2002 when I got my leave to remain as a WP holder? If its the latter, then I guess I can't apply for naturalisation until after 22nd Feb.

Cheers!
Time legally in the UK on a visitor visa is still acceptable for naturalisation purposes.