ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gwp2012
Newly Registered

Extension queries

Post by gwp2012 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:42 am

Hi friends and seniors,
I want to understand a few things regarding Tier 1 extension form urgently. Please note that I have no memory/proof with me concerning the date on which the fee was paid OR the date I submitted my first application for Tier 1:
1) Under the heading D3 i.e. "What date was the entry clearance or visa issued", should I mention the date my visa has been "valid from".
2) Under the heading G1, what is the Date I should enter for "first grant of leave", considering I don't have the attached letter that I got from the high commission?
Thanks a ton to all and looking forward. :roll:

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:54 am

1. Yes.
2. G1 is not asking you for the date but for the number of points you claimed for age in your original application.

gwp2012
Newly Registered

Post by gwp2012 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Greenie wrote:1. Yes.
2. G1 is not asking you for the date but for the number of points you claimed for age in your original application.
Thanks for the response. But for point 2, I need to enter the "Date of Application" in the PBS Calculator at the 5th step, described in the adjoining Help section as: http://goo.gl/71oye

Another confusion that I have which is much more important is concerning the definition of "Earning period". You see while going through forum, I came across someone (ID:ELD) whose application was REFUSED as he mentioned 12 months' work period (for salary points) wrongly. My situation is that I am showing my 12-month salary starting from 29 Jul 2011 (date salary was credited to bank) till 28 Jun 2012. Now that its 20th October 2012 today, so I believe I am within 15 month period as allowed for showing consecutive 12 month salary. My confusion is that whether UKBA takes the START of '12 month period' as tentatively signifying the first day of the calender month prior to when the salary is paid OR the day the salary arrives in your bank (also the date as on salary slip)? If it is latter then I am still in 15-month buffer but if it is former then I might jeopardise my application (coz case worker might consider 1st July 2011 as start of my salary period).

I want to stick to the period mentioned above coz I might lose 10 points from my total salary points. More importantly, I dont want to end up with a refused application and wasting money on appeals.

Thanks in advance.

gwp2012
Newly Registered

Post by gwp2012 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:11 am

Is there anyone who can throw some light on my query. It's urgent . I'll be highly obliged. :roll:

ukindian1
BANNED

Post by ukindian1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi
I have the same question on when exactly the start date of 12 months period can be mentioned for salaried people. Is it the beginning of the month or salary credited date or end of the month.

Please someone reply.

Or, did you get the answer, please share your experience. Also, I have another question. Whats the maximum time window before which we cannot apply for extension. (one month or 2 months or any specific time before expiry date)

ukindian1
BANNED

Post by ukindian1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:01 pm

I think I got answer to my last part of the question from other threads- When is the right time to apply - Ideally within 28 days of expiry but there is no limit to when you apply before though its advisable to apply as per the guideline to be properly eligible for ILR