ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going from PSW to Entrepreneur visa - self-employment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loft
BANNED

Going from PSW to Entrepreneur visa - self-employment

Post by loft » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 pm

I have a lot of questions what documents are required if I am going from a Post-Study Work visa to an INITIAL Entrepreneur visa and registering as self-employed.

I'm getting this visa because I want to start a business in the UK. I've got my letters confirming £50k in investment funds and maintenance funds. I've got my passports and my welcome letter from HMRC is (supposedly) on the way to me.

However, it appears that since I am filing under Section D (of this document http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf) I also need to supply more evidence since I'm registering as self-employed?

Specifically it seems to say I need:

116. A national insurance bill proving I've paid National Insurance (but how can this be if I've just registered? I'm starting the business now. I haven't been running it.)
124. A printout of advertising or marketing material (I assume this could be a website I've created?).
125. A copy of a contract showing trading (again, I'm applying for this visa so I can start a business in the UK. This makes it seem like I need to be active in this business already).

Am I reading those sections right? As I've said, I'm currently on a PSW visa and have been freelancing (being paid in my US bank account by US companies) for the past few years, but now I want to stay in the UK and start the same business here (which is technical writing). That's why I'm applying for this visa - so I can stay and start my business here. But sections 116 and 125 make it seem like I've already needed to start the business?

Someone please help me clarify this. I've very confused.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:17 am

Please follow the suggestion given earlier.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!