ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual citizen what passport to carry travelling home

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samchoopra

Dual citizen what passport to carry travelling home

Post by samchoopra » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:47 pm

hi i am an irish national . please share you experience with me that when i shell travel to my home country do i need to carry both passports (irish and my home country) and what passport i have to show on my birth country entry point and what passport i have to show on the exit of my birth country exit point.
what passport will be stamped on the entry and exit (both) point of my birth country :!: ......thanks.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:59 pm

some country dont allowed dual citizenship.can you please tell us what is your nationality.

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:05 pm

IQU wrote:some country dont allowed dual citizenship.can you please tell us what is your nationality.
Last edited by samchoopra on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:07 pm

samchoopra wrote:
IQU wrote:some country dont allowed dual citizenship.can you please tell us what is your nationality.
i am from india my country accept dual nationality as far as i knows.i am travelling first time as a dual national

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:40 pm

india dont accept dual nationality any longer .you have to give up your indian passport.you have to apply for tourist visa which is valid for 6 months( single entry) but it will issue you within 5 working days.it will cost you around 50 euro for visa fee .but you have to pay extra 125 euro for canceltion indian passport .all together you have to pay 175 euro in postal order.but if your planning to travel after 3 months than you can apply for OIC card( oversea indian citizens) they have 2-3 months minimum processing time its life long visa you can travel to india anytime stay as long as you want.there is more info availble at www.indianembassyireland.com please visit indian embassy in lession park.Dont travel without visa to india you should check within indian embassy first

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:34 pm

IQU wrote:india dont accept dual nationality any longer .you have to give up your indian passport.you have to apply for tourist visa which is valid for 6 months( single entry) but it will issue you within 5 working days.it will cost you around 50 euro for visa fee .but you have to pay extra 125 euro for canceltion indian passport .all together you have to pay 175 euro in postal order.but if your planning to travel after 3 months than you can apply for OIC card( oversea indian citizens) they have 2-3 months minimum processing time its life long visa you can travel to india anytime stay as long as you want.there is more info availble at www.indianembassyireland.com please visit indian embassy in lession park.Dont travel without visa to india you should check within indian embassy first
You are right. India does not accept dual nationality completely. You can apply for an OCI card (overseas Citizen of India). This will let you travel to India visa free all you life. More details on how to apply here

http://www.indianembassy.ie/consular-se ... -india-oci

happyirishstudent
Newly Registered

??

Post by happyirishstudent » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:32 am

It is better to have a Stamp 6 OR stamp 5 on your home country passport so you can travel without any visa issues with your home country passport.

cleangreen

Re: ??

Post by cleangreen » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:06 am

happyirishstudent wrote:It is better to have a Stamp 6 OR stamp 5 on your home country passport so you can travel without any visa issues with your home country passport.
Its illegal in India to hold dual citizenship. By having a stamp 6 you will be giving the officials proof that you hold dual citizenship