ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier-1(psw) to Tier-1(Entrepreneur)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ersourabhbhola

Switching from Tier-1(psw) to Tier-1(Entrepreneur)

Post by ersourabhbhola » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:28 am

Hi guys,
At the moment I am having my psw work permit which expires on 6 feb, I am planning to switch to Tier-1(Entrepreneur. I have few queries. I will be thankful if anyone can answer them

1. On UKBA website it says we can not apply on-line for this but we can book premier appointment(with filled paper aplication) for a faster decision. I was able to find fees for premier appointment. But no link or phone number to book appointment. If any one knows link or phone number to book appointment, please let me know, so that i can book my appointment in late dec. or early jan meanwhile i will do all the required documentation

Information On ukba Website
""Postal:
Main applicants £1020. Dependant £663
CESC Main applicant £918. CESC Dependant £510
PEO applications:
Main applicant £1326. Dependant £663
CESC Main applicant £1193. CESC Dependant £900"

2. As I am applying under Section d of this route. I came across some important issues in policy guidance points 54-58, 121-125 and Some information on actual application form in points g19, g20, g22 regarding document evidence from hmrc, marketing material and contracts signed.

Now does this mean that we have to involve in business activity before applying not after applying, plus they say that we have to register with hmrc no earlier than 3 months of our application. how can one do all these things within 3 months, does hmrc give bills within 3 months?????
Sourabh Bhola

nickb
India

Re: Switching from Tier-1(psw) to Tier-1(Entrepreneur)

Post by nickb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:22 pm

ersourabhbhola wrote:Hi guys,
At the moment I am having my psw work permit which expires on 6 feb, I am planning to switch to Tier-1(Entrepreneur. I have few queries. I will be thankful if anyone can answer them

1. On UKBA website it says we can not apply on-line for this but we can book premier appointment(with filled paper aplication) for a faster decision. I was able to find fees for premier appointment. But no link or phone number to book appointment. If any one knows link or phone number to book appointment, please let me know, so that i can book my appointment in late dec. or early jan meanwhile i will do all the required documentation

Information On ukba Website
""Postal:
Main applicants £1020. Dependant £663
CESC Main applicant £918. CESC Dependant £510
PEO applications:
Main applicant £1326. Dependant £663
CESC Main applicant £1193. CESC Dependant £900"

2. As I am applying under Section d of this route. I came across some important issues in policy guidance points 54-58, 121-125 and Some information on actual application form in points g19, g20, g22 regarding document evidence from hmrc, marketing material and contracts signed.

Now does this mean that we have to involve in business activity before applying not after applying, plus they say that we have to register with hmrc no earlier than 3 months of our application. how can one do all these things within 3 months, does hmrc give bills within 3 months?????
1. At present, the only way to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is postal application. There is no premium appointment facility available for it. Don't know why they have the fees on there.

2. Yes, you have to be involved in business activity before applying and that's why they have asked for those documents. Regarding the registration of the company I suggest you look at other threads on the forum as you will find more information there.