ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with Penalty Charge Notices

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Luckyguy
Newly Registered

will PCN affect my application for Naturalisation

Post by Luckyguy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Hello,

Please can any one help.

I will be applying for naturalisation for British citizenship on spouse basis by 16th January 2012.
This year i received two Penalty Charge Notification (Parking Charge) on 3rd February 2011 from Local Council & on 4th February 2011 from Transport for London. I paid for both on time and there was no court case.
Will my application for naturalisation be refused?, do i have to wait for 12months clear before applying?

Thanks for anticipated response

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Yes, more than 1 FP notice, means you have to wait for 1 yr.
SECTION 3: GOOD CHARACTER
....Fixed penalty notices will not normally be taken in to account, unless you have had more than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months. In that case you may wish to wait to make your application until you have no more than one fixed penalty notice in the 12 month period before applying.

However, it appears that you did not have FP notices but two ' parking fines', if that is so youre okay.

gorayah

Re: will PCN affect my application for Naturalisation

Post by gorayah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:59 am

Luckyguy wrote:Hello,

Please can any one help.

I will be applying for naturalisation for British citizenship on spouse basis by 16th January 2012.
This year i received two Penalty Charge Notification (Parking Charge) on 3rd February 2011 from Local Council & on 4th February 2011 from Transport for London. I paid for both on time and there was no court case.
Will my application for naturalisation be refused?, do i have to wait for 12months clear before applying?

Thanks for anticipated response
I think If its PCN then don't worry. They are concerned about Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN).

Good Luck

faisalkhan001
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhan001 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi,

Just wonder if you could elaborate it further. I have received PCN yesterday and I am going to apply for BC next month. This is my first PCN in last 12 months. Do I still need to declare it in section 3.6 as it asks more like "Date Sentenced" etc.
Sorry if I ask the same question. Little impatient as I have never received any PCN and this is my first one before application.

Many thanks,

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:11 pm

faisalkhan001 wrote:I have received PCN yesterday and I am going to apply for BC next month. This is my first PCN in last 12 months. Do I still need to declare it in section 3.6 as it asks more like "Date Sentenced" etc. ,
No. Make sure that the PCN is fully paid and settled before you apply for BC and you should be fine without mentioning it. It is hardly worth mentioning before, as it is not a FPN. There are a few exceptions, like parking in certain tabu zones (emergency exists, zig zag lines, blocking fire and rescue services, etc.), but you normally don't get any points with a PCN and don't need to list them on your AN form.

faisalkhan001
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhan001 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Many thanks. I don't mind to settle the amount before application although it was an unnecessary ticket.
I have read this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=74347 and senior members also suggest the same, however it implies to ILR not BC.
Many thanks again

thes0ul
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation with Penalty Charge Notices

Post by thes0ul » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:41 am

Did you mention pcn in your application and what was the outcome?