ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 quick and hopefully simple questions: tier 2 general docs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

movingtobirmingham
Newly Registered

2 quick and hopefully simple questions: tier 2 general docs

Post by movingtobirmingham » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:12 am

I'm in the midst of a tier 2 general application. I'm a US citizen and applying from the US; I have a CoS and the employer passed the resident labor market test for the position. I've read the guidance a number of times and searched quite a bit on this forum, but I've seen contradictory advice on 2 things.

1) Do I need to submit any proof of degree(s)? As I'm not switching from tier 4 to tier 2, and I am a "national of a majority english speaking country" (the US), my impression is that I shouldn't need any proof of degree. If I do need proof of degrees, would an official transcript for my PhD studies suffice?

2) In one of the emails sent when I completed the online application, I saw the following line which I might not be correctly understanding: "All your supporting documents, including your application, travel document and your stamped biometric appointment confirmation form should be mailed to the visa issuing office shown below within TWO weeks of having your biometrics taken". Does travel document mean passport, or proof of booked travel to the UK? Elsewhere, guidance specified that I shouldn't book travel before I had the visa in hand, and in the guidance there is no mention of needing plane tickets or anything like that.

Everything else has been straightforward, largely due to the excellent advice and discussion that's been provided in the past on this forum. Thanks!

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 am

Hello,

I was wondering if your employee was already a registered sponsor or did they have to apply for a sponsorship license.

Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:06 am

1. No.
2. Passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

movingtobirmingham
Newly Registered

Post by movingtobirmingham » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:46 am

Thanks for the super-speedy responses! The employer is I believe an A-level sponsor (University of Birmingham); I don't think they needed to apply for a license, but I'm not sure if it was a restricted or unrestricted CoS.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: 2 quick and hopefully simple questions: tier 2 general d

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 pm

movingtobirmingham wrote:I'm a US citizen and applying from the US;
Restricted CoS.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!