ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I was an Asylum seeker 11 years ago

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

askingpoint
Newly Registered

I was an Asylum seeker 11 years ago

Post by askingpoint » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Hello immigration experts,

I was an asylum seeker in the UK 12 years ago but my case was refused, and I had left the UK by my own without informing the Home Office. Now I have to apply for UK visa for Business purposes but my finger print is on the database, Someone said they only retain finger prints for 10 years, can anyone advice please.............

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:19 am

Refer to this policy document section 3.1.2:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

"3.1.2 Retention of Fingerprints
Under Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (as amended by inserted by the Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001), fingerprints will now normally be retained for 10 years. This applies to successful and unsuccessful claimants."

Franko

Post by Franko » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:11 am

But bear in mind you will be asked on the form about previous travel, refusals and removals from the UK. If you lie on any of these questions and are found to have deceived then you will get a 10 year ban from the UK. As you left of your own accord it may be best if you come clean on the application.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:34 am

I think all visas/forms need only previous 10 years immigration history so in this case you dont need to write anything on form.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:33 pm

There is a question that asks:

Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... /vaf1c.pdf

We don't know if the original poster was required to leave the UK and if so when the UKBA made that decision.

askingpoint
Newly Registered

Post by askingpoint » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks everyone for advices!!!

But I still dont know how to make sure that they really deleted the fingerprints after 10 years. Is there anyway to find out? Does anyone has such an experience?

Your experience advices will be appreciated.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:25 am

Deviser wrote:I think all visas/forms need only previous 10 years immigration history so in this case you dont need to write anything on form.
That is correct. The OP should read section 6 of the VAF1A from carefully, in particular Q 6.6:
- " Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last
10 years?"

- and 6.7 "Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?"
If he can truthfully answer "No" to both those questions, he should stop worrying about whether or not his fingerprints are still on file and make sure that he has a genuine reason for now wishing to visit the UK.

askingpoint
Newly Registered

Post by askingpoint » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks all and really appreciated for your inputs.

If anyone has an similar experience or links to case like mine please direct me......

Cheers