ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS Changes

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dylan

CoS Changes

Post by dylan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 pm

I am trying to help one of my colleagues. So I am posting this and any help/advice will be much appreciated. :wink:

She is assinged a CoS incorrectly putting all the informations before her promotion (Thanks to our HR). And now she needs a CoS with all the details after her promotion.

Reason: with the CoS she has at the moment, she is not meeting the requirements for Tier 2 General.

What is the best option for her?
1. Cancel the existing CoS and assign a new one
2. Amend the existing CoS

Second question: Does anyone know the job description for "civil engineers undertaking on the job training"? (it comes under SOC 2121)

sha23

Re: CoS Changes

Post by sha23 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:28 pm

dylan wrote:I am trying to help one of my colleagues. So I am posting this and any help/advice will be much appreciated. :wink:

She is assinged a CoS incorrectly putting all the informations before her promotion (Thanks to our HR). And now she needs a CoS with all the details after her promotion.

Reason: with the CoS she has at the moment, she is not meeting the requirements for Tier 2 General.

Second question: Does anyone know the job description for "civil engineers undertaking on the job training"? (it comes under SOC 2121)
please be more specific. What Tier-2 Requirement is she not meeting? Is it salary? or any other item. Because the answer will depend on the changes needs to be done.

dylan

Re: CoS Changes

Post by dylan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:09 am

sha23 wrote:
dylan wrote:I am trying to help one of my colleagues. So I am posting this and any help/advice will be much appreciated. :wink:

please be more specific. What Tier-2 Requirement is she not meeting? Is it salary? or any other item. Because the answer will depend on the changes needs to be done.
Thank you for the quick reply. She wouldn't meet both salary (her old salary was £19900) and the job (was below NQF level 6). So

1. Job code needs to change
2. Job description needs to change
3. Salary needs to change

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 am

Only minor changes, such as correction of typos, can be made to an unused CoS by way of adding a sponsor note. Anything that would materially affect the consideration of the CoS is not allowed. Your friend will need a new CoS
Can you be more specific what your friend does? "civil engineers undertaking on the job training" usually means schemes run by organisations where work at the organisation and study at an educational institution are combined.

dylan

Post by dylan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:23 am

manci wrote:1.
Only minor changes, such as correction of typos, can be made to an unused CoS by way of adding a sponsor note. Anything that would materially affect the consideration of the CoS is not allowed. Your friend will need a new CoS
Can you be more specific what your friend does? "civil engineers undertaking on the job training" usually means schemes run by organisations where work at the organisation and study at an educational institution are combined.
Thank you for the reply. She is a graduate engineer who is training to become charted. Training is given internally.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 am

is she on an ICE Approved Training Scheme?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 am

what is her present immigration status?

dylan

Post by dylan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 am

manci wrote:what is her present immigration status?
Tier 1 general

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 am

manci wrote:is she on an ICE Approved Training Scheme?

dylan

Post by dylan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:17 am

manci wrote:
manci wrote:is she on an ICE Approved Training Scheme?
Sorry I didn't see that. Yes she is on ICE approved training scheme.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am

dylan wrote:
Tier 1 general
are you sure that she is currently on T1G rather than T1 Post Study Work?

"The Tier 1 (General) category allows highly skilled people to look for work or self-employment opportunities in the UK. Tier 1 (General) migrants can seek employment in the UK without a sponsor, and can take up self-employment and business opportunities here".

dylan

Post by dylan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 am

manci wrote:
dylan wrote:
Tier 1 general
are you sure that she is currently on T1G rather than T1 Post Study Work?

"The Tier 1 (General) category allows highly skilled people to look for work or self-employment opportunities in the UK. Tier 1 (General) migrants can seek employment in the UK without a sponsor, and can take up self-employment and business opportunities here".
We talked about this but it is impossible to achieve required earnings. Because she is at the moment on £21375 and she only has an BEng. Hence she needs £13625 more to extend her tier 1 general. Also her current salary is on the spot to get tier 2 general as a civil engineer on the job training. So do you think she qualifies as a 'civil engineer on the job training'?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:14 pm

The 2121 SOC code for civil engineers is based on the ICE salary survey. The 2010 ICE salary survey is here and the categories on p15 are mirrored in the SOC. I expect the categories have not changed since the 2000 salary survey on which the SOC is based:

http://www.ice.org.uk/getattachment/c4d ... -2010.aspx

She is a graduate engineer on an ICE Approved Training scheme working towards chartered status.

IMHO "civil engineers undertaking on the job training" is exactly her position.

However, she will have to convince HR of this who, by what she experienced, are not exactly on the top of their jobs. If HR want further confirmation they, or you, could email UKBA (as for your own query).

dylan

Post by dylan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:10 pm

manci wrote:The 2121 SOC code for civil engineers is based on the ICE salary survey. The 2010 ICE salary survey is here and the categories on p15 are mirrored in the SOC. I expect the categories have not changed since the 2000 salary survey on which the SOC is based:

http://www.ice.org.uk/getattachment/c4d ... -2010.aspx

She is a graduate engineer on an ICE Approved Training scheme working towards chartered status.

IMHO "civil engineers undertaking on the job training" is exactly her position.

However, she will have to convince HR of this who, by what she experienced, are not exactly on the top of their jobs. If HR want further confirmation they, or you, could email UKBA (as for your own query).
Thank you very much Manci. I will pass all the information on to her and hopefully this would be enough for her to get through. HR department is useless :evil: