ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Liverpool PEO 26th October

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adojay

ILR Success at Liverpool PEO 26th October

Post by Adojay » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi All,

Just to let you all know that I am very delighted that I have been granted ILR at Liverpool PEO today. Like the tradition on this forum, I want to share my experience with you all.

Scenario;

2 years HSMP Visa (21/11/2007 - 21/11/2009)

3 years Tier-1 General Visa (14/12/2009 - 14/12/2012)

Arrived UK 16th January 2008, left after 10 days and returned 16th March 2008 with dependants. We have been in the UK ever since.

Supporting documents submitted;

- 12 pay slips covering 12 months I am claiming points for.
- Bank statements covering 12 months I am claiming points for.
- Offer letter of employment, as I recently changed jobs. Though, I thought it was not necessary, but was surprised CW asked for it.
- Several co-hab documents.
- Passport photographs

Arrived at 12.25pm for 1pm appointment. After going through security checks, I was directed to see a case worker. I presented all the above docs. However, CW said she did not need to see the co-hab documents, as my wife and I have been living together since 2008 when we last entered the UK. The only item she was interested in was ensuring my gross salary tallies with what I was claiming. After waiting for about 50 minutes, she called me to inform me our ILR have been approved. BRP would be in the post within the next 7 days.

Thank you all for your wonderful contributions. I really appreciate.

I am happy to welcome any questions you may have regarding my appointment.

Kind regards,

Adojay
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:54 am

Congratulations Adojay for your ILR. Did you supplied any letter from your previous employer. Did you claimed any earnings from your new job OR How did CW noticed you have recently changed job.
Thanks

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:36 am

arifahmmed wrote:Congratulations Adojay for your ILR. Did you supplied any letter from your previous employer. Did you claimed any earnings from your new job OR How did CW noticed you have recently changed job.
Thanks
Thanks. I supplied the offer letter I received from my current employer when I was offered the job in May this year. However, I did not plan to do so, but brought it with me in case the CW demanded it. And rightly so. CW specifically asked for "letter from employer" even without knowing I had changed jobs. So I think she would have asked for it even if I hadn't changed jobs. This is only my thought.

On claiming point for earnings, I claimed points for earning between August 2011 and July 2012. As I started my new job in mid June, I claimed points for earning in June 2012 (from both employers) and July 2012 (from new employer).

On your last question, I don't think the CW knew I had changed jobs before she asked for the letter from my employer. If I didn't have the letter, I don't believe it would have really mattered because I had bank account and pay slips to show who my pay master is.

Please note that I did not specifically ask my employer for any letter to support my application. The letter was only the offer letter they sent to me in May this year when I was offered the job. The reason I had it was because it shows my current salary, and still indicates I am still employed by them.

I hope I have tried to answer your questions to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,

Adojay
Last edited by Adojay on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Vince Lombardi

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks Adojay for brief reply. I will come back to your pm later.
Thanks

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Adojay,
What's the process for BRP in Liverpool, can you please shed some light on it. Do they take the fingerprints on the same day or we have do it elsewhere and take the results with us?

Thanks and Congratulations for your ILR

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:48 am

The process in Liverpool PEO is;

1. You wait your turn for your documents to be checked.

2. Next you are put through to another cubicle for payment.

3. Then you are called to see a CW who will collect all your documents.

4. You wait for your turn to go for Biometric.

5. Once through with biometric, you wait to be called by CW to either hear the good news, or to provide further documents if necessary.

In otherwords, finger prints are taken on the same day at the PEO.

Kind regards

- Vince Lombardi