ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed registration date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MOGA84

Self employed registration date

Post by MOGA84 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:29 pm

I’ve registered myself as a self employed with HMRC after I knew that it’s a mandatory to count earnings from my freelancing job. The registration made 2 weeks after I’ve received my first earnings from freelancing, However, I’ve entered 2 months earlier, two months before the first payment receive date, in the start of business date in my registration form. as per the HMRC I can apply within 3 months of the end of my first month in business.
I’ve also requested a small earning certificate for exemption of NI class 2. The start date shown on the certificate is about 2 month earlier than the first payment received.
Tier 1 general guidance says: applicants claiming points for self-employed earnings made in the UK must provide documents to show that they are registered as self-employed and were registered as self-employed for the period when this money was earned.
The self employed welcome letter is showing the date the letter were sent which is 1 month after the date of first payment, But the small earning certificate start date is 2 months before.
The question: which date will be considered by Home office? Welcome letter sent date or Start date of small earning certificate.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!