ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switchin from Dependent Tier-1 to Tier-2 ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hari606
Newly Registered

switchin from Dependent Tier-1 to Tier-2 ?

Post by hari606 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi friends,
My present situation is I am on Dependent Tier-1 general of my husband visa ( he is on Tier-1 General Visa) . Our visa expiring in January 2013 and my husband cannot extend it .
I have full-time job and my current employer ready to give Tier-2 sponsorship visa ( A rated NHS Employer) , I am bit confused whether I can apply when I am in united kingdom
or has go back India ( from where I am) and apply for entry clearance?!

According to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/ guideline first point say '' any Tier 1 category'' but is this includes Dependent as well?
I mean can I switch Tier-1 ( General) Dependent to Tier-2 visa( general) ?

Friends , kindly give your valuable information regarding this matter so that I could prepare.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:17 pm

A dependent of a tier 1 migrant is not a tier 1 migrant. You will have to apply for entry clearance from India. Your employer will need to issue a restricted cos and will have to undertake the RLMT unless your job is on the shortage occupation list. Your husband will also need to return home to apply for a dependent visa.

hari606
Newly Registered

Post by hari606 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Greenie wrote:A dependent of a tier 1 migrant is not a tier 1 migrant. You will have to apply for entry clearance from India. Your employer will need to issue a restricted cos and will have to undertake the RLMT unless your job is on the shortage occupation list. Your husband will also need to return home to apply for a dependent visa.
Thanks very much, Anyway my job is under shortage occupation list ( SOC code 2211 ) specialty doctor ( obstetrics and gynaecology)