ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take to register as director of a company?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loft
BANNED

How long does it take to register as director of a company?

Post by loft » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide which is the easiest way to satisfy the "Evidence of current registration as self-employed or as a director" requirement.

Here it is from the guidance:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evidence of current registration as self-employed or as a director

113. You should use this for initial applications under section d (see the attributes table for initial applicants) and for section C for extension applications.

Self-employed applicants

114. If you are self-employed when you apply, you must provide evidence that you are paying Class 2 National Insurance contributions. You may also pay Class 4 National Insurance, but we only need to see evidence of Class 2 payments.

115. National Insurance contributions may be paid by quarterly bill or direct debit, or you may have applied for a small earnings exception certificate.

116. You must provide one of the following documents, according to your individual circumstances.

– If you receive a National Insurance bill: You must provide the bill from the billing period immediately before the application. This must be an original document and not a copy.

– If your National Insurance is paid by direct debit: You must provide a copy of your most recent bank statement issued before the application, showing the direct debit payment of National Insurance to HM Revenue & Customs.

– If you have very low earnings and have applied for the small earnings exception: You should provide an original small earnings exception certificate issued by HM Revenue & Customs for the most recent return date.

Specifically, I've registered as self-employed and am waiting on my first NI bill and letter confirming registration fro HMRC so I can submit it with my application. However, I need to submit my application in the next 5 weeks and I'm worried I might not receive all my self-employment documents by then.

But now I think it might just be easier/faster if I just register as the director of a new company.

Per the guidelines:
Directors
117. If you are a Director of a UK company when you apply you must provide: A Current Appointment Report from Companies House:
A current appointment report will list the Directors of a company and the dates of their appointment. You must obtain a printout of the Current Appointment Report from Companies House (this will require paying a fee to Companies House).
118. The date of this document should be within the three months immediately before the date of this application.
119. The report must show your name, as named in your application form, as the Director of a business that is actively trading and not struck-off, or dissolved or in liquidation on the date that the printout was produced.

What I am wondering is how long does it take to register as a Director of a new company with Companies House and how long does it take to get the Current Appointment Report?

Are we talking days? Weeks? A month?

Thanks so much.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Contact and check with Companies House about their procedures and lead times. This is an immigration forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!