ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So how does posting work here?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

loft
BANNED

So how does posting work here?

Post by loft » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Moderators keep deleting my topics. I've read that we are to keep related topics together in one thread. That's fine.

But when I post a topic related to questions about which is easier - becoming a director of a new company or registering as self-employed - the moderator deletes it and tells me I should have just added that as a post in a thread where I asked a question about GBP/USD exchange rates.

I fail to see how a question about registering a business or employment relates to a previous topic of currency exchange rates.

Do the moderators mean each forum member should only have one thread, which is continuously updated with their questions?

I'm seriously asking how posting works on here. It doesn't seem to work how it does on other sites and this site seems to have a lot of good information so I want to make sure my posts are actually getting seen.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: So how does posting work here?

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:37 pm

loft wrote:Do the moderators mean each forum member should only have one thread, which is continuously updated with their questions?
If the subject matter of the additional question is still with regard to your application, yes, and this is for your benefit and to avoid inconveniencing others. If you have one vacation planned would you consider putting all your clothes in one suitcase (so everything you need is in one place) of would you have a separate bag for each individual item? Surely the former. Additionally, each time you ask a new question in the same thread, members can see what has already been imparted so as to avoid repeating the same information, which is very irritating.

If you are not happy with that then you should not feel compelled to post here. This is not the only site that offers the opportunity to discuss immigration, but is one of the best because the tight moderation motivates those interested in helping others to continue offering advice in an ordered universe, that may be used as reference not only for the the person doing the asking but also for others, rather than merely pissing in the wind.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:21 pm

There's one policy that moderators implement very strictly ... with zero tolerance.
multiple member IDs
Life isn't fair, but you can be!