ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Working Abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chursy

Spouse Visa - Working Abroad

Post by chursy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi

I am a british National currently working in Germany and staying with my family here. I am looking to relocate from here to the Middle East on a contract role and have a base in UK and would prefer to move my family there..

My kids are british national but my wife isn't and is a Non-EU National. What are my options in terms of applying for a visa for my wife.

1) Family permit Route - I can certainly apply for the family permit, can i extend this to get a resident card, specially when i wont be in UK?

2) Spouse Visa - Will this be allowed provided i have a contract of employment in place and appropriate funds to show that i will be able to support my family in UK etc?

Any advice welcome!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Application in either of these categories (under EU directives or UK immigration laws) will need you (the sponsor) to provide evidence that you are returning to UK with the intention of settling here (and not moving off to ME with the intention that your family will be given permission to stay in the UK during such period of your absence from UK).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

chursy

Post by chursy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:08 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Application in either of these categories (under EU directives or UK immigration laws) will need you (the sponsor) to provide evidence that you are returning to UK with the intention of settling here (and not moving off to ME with the intention that your family will be given permission to stay in the UK during such period of your absence from UK).
and how would you do that??