ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Marriage Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qasim25
Newly Registered

Application for Marriage Visa

Post by qasim25 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:52 pm

Hi Guys,

I need some advice. I got married in Pakistan in April 2006 to someone I am very happy with (ie not forced! :lol: ), and would now like for her to come and live with me here in England.

I am currently working, and renting a studio/bedsit. I have been with this place for a few months. I have had jobs in the past during my degree, but this is my first 'real' job.

I need advice regarding the employer part of the application. My employer and work colleagues do not know I am married (and I dont see the need to tell them, as the topic hasnt arised). Can I simply provide proof of employment in terms of wage slips (asking for a p60 three months into the job may appear odd) or do I need the employer to confirm this in writing. Also will the employer be contacted for some form of confirmation and be told of the fact that I am applying for a marriage visa.

Thanks guys.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:27 pm

No need to inform the employer. You will be supplying bank statements, and if you also supply payslips, and your net pay goes direct to your bank account each month, there is instant verification that the pay slips must be real.
John

qasim25
Newly Registered

Post by qasim25 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:46 pm

Thanks John,

Do you know if it is the practice of the Home Office to contact the Employer to confirm employment and thereby notifying them off the Visa application.

Thanks. :)